Author Topic: Clan Invasion Kickstarter Discussion 5, Green Eyeshade Edition  (Read 150536 times)

carlisimo

• Warrant Officer
Re: Clan Invasion Kickstarter Discussion 5, Green Eyeshade Edition
« Reply #180 on: 27 November 2019, 20:28:07 »
Someone on eBay from Canada selling alleged Clan boxes (with the retail box art) on eBay and claims to have two in hand

I’m half tempted to buy it just to see what the swindle is

Probably Technical Readouts with the wrong product image.

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #181 on: 27 November 2019, 20:42:08 »
I went back and read the description (you have to tap through to it on mobile). It’s TRO Clan Invasion but with the new box cover art. Take your pick whether it’s an innocent mistake or intentionally misleading

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

Geont

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #182 on: 28 November 2019, 04:05:40 »
Distributor for my FLGS has retail CI box cover art used for TRO CI. I think there was some kind of mistake due to negligence to properly research product.
Born in Czechoslovakia and living in Czechia (or Czech Republic).

Fan of FWL

.RL

• Master Sergeant
  • Freeborn Scum
« Reply #183 on: 28 November 2019, 06:05:26 »
what are some of your ideas as far as making units (be it lances, companies, or greater) with the kick starter packs?

I would love to read your ideas to trigger some of my own thought.

Is this the appropriate thread for such a question?
A bit obsessed with the BattleTech universe since I saw the glorious TV show as a kid...

My humble offering of painted 'Mechs

I am Belch II

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • It's a gator with a nuke, whats the problem.
« Reply #184 on: 28 November 2019, 06:25:29 »
I really hope some of the product will be sold after kickstarter
Walking the fine line between sarcasm and being a smart-ass

DarkISI

• Praedonum Dominus
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • https://amzn.to/3Dm3bvj
    • My Author Website
« Reply #185 on: 28 November 2019, 07:18:57 »
I really hope some of the product will be sold after kickstarter

Everything that is not labeld as "Kickstarter Exclusive" will make its way into retail. Some stuff perhaps only at cons, but CGL seems to be planning to throw lots of products around to get attention.
German novelist and part time Battletech writer.

HPG Station - German Battletech News

"if they didn't want to be stomped to death by a psychotic gang of battlemechs, they shouldn't have fallen down" - Liam's Ghost

Asgo

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #186 on: 28 November 2019, 08:40:27 »
Everything that is not labeld as "Kickstarter Exclusive" will make its way into retail. Some stuff perhaps only at cons, but CGL seems to be planning to throw lots of products around to get attention.
although when,where, price are TBD at this point.
since they didn't make the point  of "x less than retail" I assume the price for mech boxes etc is the same as the addon value (or they haven't decided yet ;) ).

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Lieutenant General
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
« Reply #187 on: 28 November 2019, 14:07:31 »
what are some of your ideas as far as making units (be it lances, companies, or greater) with the kick starter packs?

Unless moved elsewhere, sure!

These ones have jumped out at me: note that finding a paintscheme I can do features large in my selections ;)

Clan Ghost Bear (Tukkayid), 82nd Striker Trinary, Delta Galaxy, Clan Invasion era - uses shades of light and dark grays painted in a faded pattern. They accent their 'Mechs and Battle Armor with light blue highlights.   

Alpha Star   
    Gargoyle
    Executioner
    Kingfisher
    Summoner
    Warhawk

Bravo Nova Star   
    Mad Dog
    Viper
    Ice Ferret
    Fire Moth
    Adder
    Elemental
    Elemental
    Elemental
    Elemental
    Elemental

ComStar era Clan Invasion (Tukkiyad) - Level III Omicron, 1st Army, 91st Division "Visions of Words". These will be backed by two Level IIs of BA, and two Level IIs of armour. While in later C*/WoB formations I'd mix up 'Mechs, armour, and BA in a single Level II, I decided not to here - Tukkayid was after all the ComGuard's first major battle. Just a slight re-arrangement of the picks in the KS.

Level II Mech   
    King Crab
    Highlander
    Black Knight
    Crockett
    Flashman
    Guillotine

Level II Mech   
    Mercury
    Exterminator
    Mongoose
    Sentinel
    Lancelot
    Crab
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

RazorclawXLS

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #188 on: 28 November 2019, 17:26:40 »

I've been playing around with this since I got interested in the Clan Invasion kickstarter. I've decided on factions and color schemes that will allow me to get the most bang for my buck.

For clammers I chose Clan Wolf Alpha Galaxy, because they can proxy as Jade Falcon Delta Galaxy in a good light.

For IS heroes I chose Lyran Guards from the Lyran part of the Commonwealth. They faced Clan Wolf and Jade Falcon and participated in Operation Bulldog and Great Refusal. There wasn't any other option to be honest, as I don't like the bakka boys from DC and creeps from the FedSuns part of the Commonwealth give me the willies.

So here are my force compositions. I am open to suggestions, so anyone willing to offer advice, please do so.

Clan Wolf Alpha Galaxy

Command/Battle Star
  • Dire Wolf/Executioner
  • Timber Wolf
  • Nova
  • Grendel
  • Adder

Striker Star
  • Gargoyle
  • Mad Dog/Timber Wolf
  • Hellbringer
  • Viper
  • Ice Ferret

Federated Commonwealth Lyran Guards Reinforced Company

Command Lance
  • BattleMaster
  • Marauder
  • Rifleman
  • Wasp

Battle Lance
  • Marauder
  • Warhammer
  • Thunderbolt
  • Shadow Hawk

Striker Lance
  • Awesome
  • Catapult
  • Archer
  • Locust

Pursuit/Recon Lance
  • Wolverine
  • Phoenix Hawk
  • Valkyrie
  • Commando
« Last Edit: 28 November 2019, 17:35:22 by RazorclawXLS »

Annwn

• Corporal
« Reply #189 on: 29 November 2019, 03:53:20 »
I think he means that there was supposed to be a character addon and that there were comments from CG saying that addon produced issues and was taken out before the PM went live.
If I remember the comments correctly, they didn't clearly state if it will be readded once/if the issue is solved or if it was dropped entirely.

Correct, the add-on for the $200 canon character is not available in the pledge manager at all atm (at least my pledge level).  I can't finalize my pledge for this reason.

DarkISI

• Praedonum Dominus
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • https://amzn.to/3Dm3bvj
    • My Author Website
« Reply #190 on: 29 November 2019, 06:59:09 »
Correct, the add-on for the $200 canon character is not available in the pledge manager at all atm (at least my pledge level).  I can't finalize my pledge for this reason.

You can always finalize and reopen later
German novelist and part time Battletech writer.

HPG Station - German Battletech News

"if they didn't want to be stomped to death by a psychotic gang of battlemechs, they shouldn't have fallen down" - Liam's Ghost

BirdofPrey

• Major
« Reply #191 on: 29 November 2019, 07:09:09 »
Speaking of force compositions.  I budgeted myself to only get like half of the packs with the plan to buy the other half from my FLGS later.
Does anybody still have a link to that spreadsheet that breaks down how well each packs fits each faction?

Asgo

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #192 on: 29 November 2019, 09:29:44 »
Speaking of force compositions.  I budgeted myself to only get like half of the packs with the plan to buy the other half from my FLGS later.
Does anybody still have a link to that spreadsheet that breaks down how well each packs fits each faction?

I think this was the one https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1kTrEFEnAM_pfQT_SQug2FUZDttkffw_XEtN5GYCfVDU/edit#gid=1667920373
no idea how current that is.

Side question, how does he arrive at those percentages? ;)

Ursus Maior

• Warrant Officer
  • Just here for a little mayhem.
« Reply #193 on: 29 November 2019, 10:28:16 »
So: Canon characters will come later?
liber et infractus

Wolf72

• Captain
« Reply #194 on: 29 November 2019, 10:39:37 »
I know I'm mis-remembering, but I thought there was talk of having it be a separate event from the PM, or a secondary PM for just those people or those interested/buying?
« Last Edit: 29 November 2019, 13:06:56 by Wolf72 »
"We're caught in the moon's gravitational pull, what do we do?!"

CI KS #1357; Merc KS #9798

"We're sending a squad up."

BirdofPrey

• Major
« Reply #195 on: 29 November 2019, 10:55:41 »
I think this was the one https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1kTrEFEnAM_pfQT_SQug2FUZDttkffw_XEtN5GYCfVDU/edit#gid=1667920373
no idea how current that is.

Side question, how does he arrive at those percentages? ;)
Ah thanks.
I don't know if he said, but it's likely it's at least somewhat based on how likely you are to get one of those mechs on the RATs

Asgo

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #196 on: 29 November 2019, 11:58:40 »
I know I'm mis-remembering, but I thought there was talk of having the it be a separate event from the PM, or a secondary PM for just those people or those interested/buying?
they said the canon chars would be handled separately - with being light on the details. ;)
I generally assume that this only for gathering the actual content information.
At least I hope all acquiring of additional chars etc is done by the PM, a) because that's already done implicitly by pledges and b) complicating an informational survey with the ability to buy more is a receipt for chaos.
If the financial side is done in the PM they have at the end of all things a list with how many chars which backer gets and just have to send out the respective surveys in whatever shape or form.
That also means that providing the char info cannot happen until the PM is finally closed as that number isn't fixed until then.

Robroy

• Lieutenant
  • Not named, but not gone. Maybe.
« Reply #197 on: 29 November 2019, 12:03:29 »
I am in at star captain. Can I upgrade to bloodname?

Warfare is the greatest affair of state, the basis of life and death, the Way (Tao) to survival or extinction. It must be thoroughly pondered and analyzed"-Sun Tzu

"Subjugating the enemy's army without fighting is the true pinnacle of excellence"-Sun Tzu

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #198 on: 29 November 2019, 12:21:48 »
Should be able to do so . . .
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Lorcan Nagle

• 75 tons of heavy metal mayhem
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • We're back, baby!
« Reply #199 on: 29 November 2019, 18:29:51 »
I am in at star captain. Can I upgrade to bloodname?

The first page of the Pledge Manager has the option to upgrade your pledge level
The moderator formerly known as the user formerly known as nenechan

Lorcan Nagle

• 75 tons of heavy metal mayhem
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • We're back, baby!
« Reply #200 on: 30 November 2019, 02:56:50 »
That deployment zone map in the new update is really making me want to get a fleet of map-scale DropShips
The moderator formerly known as the user formerly known as nenechan

Asgo

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #201 on: 30 November 2019, 05:04:38 »
That deployment zone map in the new update is really making me want to get a fleet of map-scale DropShips
but you need sooo many
given the price of the one in the ks, that was an easy "drop" candidate. ;)

DarkSpade

• Major
« Reply #202 on: 30 November 2019, 08:47:16 »
I loved the map right up until they added the dropship scorches.  They're just too much.
Space Marines are guys who look at a chainsaw and think, “That should be balanced for parrying.”

Precentor Scorpio

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #203 on: 30 November 2019, 08:53:45 »
Too bad they couldn't produce a map with a elemental laying face down in a level I hole in honor of the elemental who chose to break formation. :)

Asgo

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #204 on: 30 November 2019, 10:26:39 »
Too bad they couldn't produce a map with a elemental laying face down in a level I hole in honor of the elemental who chose to break formation. :)
your are welcome to sacrifice an elemental for the cause. ;)

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #205 on: 30 November 2019, 12:30:31 »
First on the planet and probably the first off!

pixelgeek

• Master Sergeant
    • My blog
« Reply #206 on: 30 November 2019, 12:58:01 »
I loved the map right up until they added the dropship scorches.  They're just too much.

I think they are too dark. I don't mind them but they overpower the rest of the art on the map

beachhead1985

• Major
  • 1st SOG; SLDF. "McKenna's Marauders"
    • Kilroy's Wall
« Reply #207 on: 01 December 2019, 12:30:10 »
I'm actually pretty happy with the way they handled picking KS rewards, but is there somewhere in my account I can find a "You did it right" message? I am wondering after the email about the rewards mix-up for some levels.
Epitaph on an Army of Mercenaries

These, in the day when heaven was falling,      Their shoulders held the sky suspended;
The hour when earth's foundations fled,         They stood, and earth's foundations stay;
Followed their mercenary calling,               What God abandoned, these defended,
And took their wages, and are dead.             And saved the sum of things for pay.

A.E. Housman

Tangoforone

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #208 on: 01 December 2019, 17:28:34 »

Personally, I am using all the IS units (including AGOAC and BB) to create a mercenary force.  However, I am going to paint them in such a way that each unit will have a base paint job from some well known force that uses that unit (the Awesome will be painted in Marik colors for example).  Then I will scrape up the paint and apply rust and damage.  The idea is that the merc force doesn't spend their money on keeping their units looking nice, and spend it on keeping them functional.  This way I also don't get bored painting the same exact paint scheme for however many units there are.

For the Clan units, I will probably use them all for Clan Wolf or Smoke Jaguar.  I wanted to do Clan Ghost Bear, but I know they use a significant amount of elementals and I could not bring myself to buy two or three more boxes of the elementals (though perhaps I can buy some once they hit retail).  I already have Clan Jade Falcon forces getting put together.  I still have time to decide though.  My issue with doing Smoke Jaguar is I really want to paint units that exist in most timelines from when they were introduced, at least through Jihad.  Obviously Smoke Jaguar, well, got smoked before the Jihad kicked off so it would be hard for me to use them during that timeframe.

glitterboy2098

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • The Temple Grounds - My Roleplaying and History website
« Reply #209 on: 01 December 2019, 17:53:48 »
i'm only getting one lance of IS mechs with mine* (well, and two urbies) so i'm focusing more on the clan units i might be able to build. thinking Hells Horses.. because i have a bunch of clan tanks and proto's already that have been looking for a home. (2 Svantovits, 2 Oro's, 5 Satyr's, 5 Gorgon, and 5 Roc.)

*(i backed bloodnamed but i'm giving my twin brother two of the lance/star picks since he wasn't able to back. seemed fair. he doesn't get to play much anymore due to having a family (he works from home so he can raise his two daughters) but he loves painting minis, and actually won awards at conventions in the past for it.)
« Last Edit: 01 December 2019, 18:00:03 by glitterboy2098 »