Author Topic: Equipment Ratings help please  (Read 1976 times)

bblaney

• Lieutenant
Equipment Ratings help please
« on: 19 July 2018, 20:29:23 »
If I want to buy say a Stunstick with the following ratings, C/A-A-A/B, what does the C/A mean? I know it is supposed to be tech rating, but why the split value? Same thing for Legality.

Thanks
Quote from: Nanaki
Realism is not going to cut it, Battletech is not a realistic universe by any stretch of the imagination, so please stop using it in an argument.

Quote from: HABeas2
That's debatable, but let's face it; some folks gave them a pass because they were big and claimed to be Scottish.

guardiandashi

• Major
Re: Equipment Ratings help please
« Reply #1 on: 19 July 2018, 22:27:17 »
If I want to buy say a Stunstick with the following ratings, C/A-A-A/B, what does the C/A mean? I know it is supposed to be tech rating, but why the split value? Same thing for Legality.

Thanks
You are mis reading the ratings.

In your example its actually C / ( A - A - A ) / B
What i mean is that its tech rating C
Availability A in era 1, A in era 2, and A in era 3
Legality B

ThePW

• Lieutenant
  • One post down, a thousand to g... Oh we're here?
« Reply #2 on: 19 July 2018, 22:55:55 »
also, the tech rating shows you (roughly) how complicated it is to manufacture the item (A being simply technology, F being bleeding edge IS or simple Clan.)

the era selections, now stated as four positions, is to represent Star League/Succession Wars/Clan Invasion/Dark Age eras, in terms of general availability. the last letter, I didn't know what it meant. where is the table reference for legality located?
Even my Page posting rate is better than my KPD rate IG...

2Feb2023: The day my main toon on DDO/Cannith, an Artificer typically in the back, TANKED in a LH VoD.

Siden Pryde

• Warrant Officer
  • Papermaster
« Reply #3 on: 19 July 2018, 23:39:17 »
the last letter, I didn't know what it meant. where is the table reference for legality located?
A Time of War page 255 has the tables explaining what all the equipment ratings mean.  As for Legality, A means it is unrestricted, B has some legal requirements (like no criminal background), C requires a license, D is a "controlled" item (police, government, military only), E is illegal for most people except those with the right clearance, F is Top Secret materials/technology.