Author Topic: AFFS High Command - From the Dark Heart of Arby's to the Very Gates of Sian!  (Read 185740 times)

Chunga

• Patron Saint of Team Davion
  • Freelance Writer
  • Captain
  • <3
Incidentally, Foxy, how do I get my CDT Battlemaster back?

We're working on that.
"Don't think 'cos I understand, I care." - Sneakerpimps
If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried.
I wasn't there.  If I was there, I was sleeping.  If I wasn't sleeping, I didn't hear or see anything.
Money has never been a problem for Davion. "Why waste money on social services when you can spend it on weapons instead?" - aldous

Paladin1

• Lieutenant
So what you're saying is that the reason you did so well at playing a DCMS force where others failed at it is that you don't suck at CBT?  I'm going to so use that.

Actually I'm pretty terrible at CBT. I like to think I'm a decent team player and reasonably aggressive though, so I'm usually at least fun to play against.
No, you're terrible at humility.  ;)  Seriously bud, I've seen you play at GC.  Being a team player is part of being good at CBT and you wouldn't be as well liked as you are if you weren't good at the teambuilding portion of this game.  Trust me.  I've played with and against several people who had a great grasp of tactics and numbers, but couldn't lead worth a tinker's damn.  Their games sucked, hard.

Lanceman

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Warrant Officer
  • Blake Be Praised
It's pouring the rain today here in the lovely mountains of Tennessee, and it's supposed to turn into an icy snow bliztkrieg here soon.  Joy.

Someone point me towards the whiskey.  I need to warm up.  ;D
"Pure truth cannot be assimilated by the crowd; it must be communicated by contagion" -  Henri-Frédéric Amiel

Paladin1

• Lieutenant
It's pouring the rain today here in the lovely mountains of Tennessee, and it's supposed to turn into an icy snow bliztkrieg here soon.  Joy.

Mountains of TN?  Where away?  I might have to get up with you for a game sometime since I'm back in the area a lot lately.

3rdCrucisLancers

• SAVAGE
  • Freelance Writer
  • Captain
  • Smallest star in the firmament
Aw heck, I'm flattered. Thanks guys! I still maintain my greatest contributions to victory last GenCon were (a) convincing Geoff to play, and (b) being amusing enough that people would waste their fire on my almost unkillable Bishamon instead of more high-profile targets.
Fighter of the Nightman (ah-ah-ah)
Champion of the Sun (ah-ah-ah)

trboturtle

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Erraturi te salutant!
Let's see......*Knocks down a wall*

OKay, that's MUCH better..... :D

Craig
Author of 32 Battletech short stories including "The Lance Killer," "Hikagemono," "Negotiation," "The Clawing," "Salvage," "The Promise," "Reap What You Sow," "Family Ties," "The Blood of Man," "End of Message," "Heroes' Bridge," "Kurodenkou," "Thirteen," "My Father's Sword," "Evacuation," "Operation Red Lion," "A Matter of Honor," "State of Grace," "Operation Blue Tiger," "A Warrior's Fear," "Shadow Angels," "Murphy's Method," "End of the Road," (IAMTW 2019 Scribe Award nominee!), "Tales of the Cracked Canopy: Blind Arrogance," "Laws Are Silent," "No Tears," "Tales of the Cracked Canopy: Shadows of the Past," and "Three White Roses."
Novels -- Icons of War, Elements of Treason series, "Vengence Games." Upcoming: "In the Shadow of Dragons" and "Poisoned Honor" (WoR #1)

My Blogs!
Battletech:  http://thebattletechstate.blogspot.com/
Other writings: http://trboturtleswritings.blogspot.com/

trboturtle

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Erraturi te salutant!
Incidentally, Foxy, how do I get my CDT Battlemaster back?

We're working on that.

How about ones for us Fiction Authors??  ^-^

Craig
Author of 32 Battletech short stories including "The Lance Killer," "Hikagemono," "Negotiation," "The Clawing," "Salvage," "The Promise," "Reap What You Sow," "Family Ties," "The Blood of Man," "End of Message," "Heroes' Bridge," "Kurodenkou," "Thirteen," "My Father's Sword," "Evacuation," "Operation Red Lion," "A Matter of Honor," "State of Grace," "Operation Blue Tiger," "A Warrior's Fear," "Shadow Angels," "Murphy's Method," "End of the Road," (IAMTW 2019 Scribe Award nominee!), "Tales of the Cracked Canopy: Blind Arrogance," "Laws Are Silent," "No Tears," "Tales of the Cracked Canopy: Shadows of the Past," and "Three White Roses."
Novels -- Icons of War, Elements of Treason series, "Vengence Games." Upcoming: "In the Shadow of Dragons" and "Poisoned Honor" (WoR #1)

My Blogs!
Battletech:  http://thebattletechstate.blogspot.com/
Other writings: http://trboturtleswritings.blogspot.com/

greatsarcasmo

• Fabricator General
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Ordo Scriptorum
Speaking of "up north" has anybody mentioned that awful four-letter 'F" word yet? I belive that the first should do so should have to offer some kind of penance.
Maker of big things.

Lord Harlock

• Captain
  • Watching from the Shadows
Well, it depends. I have it in my sig.

Stormcrow

• Major
  • Art by Shimmering Sword
Speaking of "up north" has anybody mentioned that awful four-letter 'F" word yet? I belive that the first should do so should have to offer some kind of penance.

You mean the Italian car company?
Commandant Otto Maurus, ARWH-1Z ArcHammer, Maurus' Minutemen
Captain Obadiah Sykes, OSR-5FCR Ostroc, Second Filtvelt Citizens Militia

I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand. - Confucius
Noli Timure Messorem
May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies. - Voltaire
Wielder of the Ferro-Carbide Bat of DOOM™

greatsarcasmo

• Fabricator General
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Ordo Scriptorum

You mean the Italian car company?
Indeed, horrible things...those cars.

I
Maker of big things.

3rdCrucisLancers

• SAVAGE
  • Freelance Writer
  • Captain
My grandfather worked for Fiat, actually. Probably explains my genetic predisposition to House Davion.

foxbat

• Tunnel Rat
  • Global Moderator
  • Captain
    • classicbattletech.fr
Unless he's speaking of the former 2IC of the Battlecorps Legion. I know he had to go the moment the BCL went canon, but heck, I mis him some...  ;)
Hanse Davion is my shepherd.
We shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender! Winston Churchill, June 1940

MadDogMaddux

• Panther Tamer
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Warrant Officer
  • No Mercy.
Hullo Kids!
Mastergunz: Pryde bloodline, that's where all the winners hang!
MDM: Preferably at the end of 6' of rope!!!

3rdCrucisLancers

• SAVAGE
  • Freelance Writer
  • Captain
Hullo Kids!

MDM! Might wanna correct the text below your avatar,

MadDogMaddux

• Panther Tamer
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Warrant Officer
  • No Mercy.
Misspelling is intentional, per the avatar.  ;)

....oh, that.  #P

Lanceman

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Warrant Officer
  • Blake Be Praised

Mountains of TN?  Where away?  I might have to get up with you for a game sometime since I'm back in the area a lot lately.

I'm in Johnson City at East Tennessee State University the majority of my time these days.  All my table top stuff is packed away at my mother's house though, I stick mostly with MegaMek when I need a BT fix these days.
"Pure truth cannot be assimilated by the crowd; it must be communicated by contagion" -  Henri-Frédéric Amiel

Rorke

• Captain
  • Absolute Shower
Good lord, the forum's been up for barely a day, and this place is already up to seven pages? :o

You surely mean only up to seven pages? You know how it goes  ;D

Hello Rorke, nice to see you! How are things up North?

Well on first impressions old chap, rather civilised thus far.  Which of course we all know will not last.  Especially if my nemesis Quote Monkey disciple of Excel happens to return.

There are no prizes for guessing to whom i refer.
"you come at the king you best not miss" Omar Little

greatsarcasmo

• Fabricator General
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Ordo Scriptorum
But now we have an "ignore" option!
Nevermind, I can't seem to find it any more...
« Last Edit: 26 January 2011, 14:29:43 by greatsarcasmo »
Maker of big things.

3rdCrucisLancers

• SAVAGE
  • Freelance Writer
  • Captain

I cannot reiterate enough how excited I am about this.

greatsarcasmo

• Fabricator General
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Ordo Scriptorum
Where did it go? Wasn't it by the "buddy list" option?
Maker of big things.

foxbat

• Tunnel Rat
  • Global Moderator
  • Captain
    • classicbattletech.fr
Ah, I was not referring to these, but to your on-planet current location  ;)
The disturbing thing is that we're having a proper winter this year, and it feels like the coming of an ice age after all the warm winters we've had these last years  ;)

Nevermind, I can't seem to find it any more...

ignore button? really?
Hanse Davion is my shepherd.
We shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender! Winston Churchill, June 1940

3rdCrucisLancers

• SAVAGE
  • Freelance Writer
  • Captain

It still is, for me.

DoctorMonkey

• Captain
  • user briefly known as Khan of Clan Sex Panther

It still is, for me.

you're clearly "special"
Avatar stollen from spacebattles.com motivational posters thread

ChanMan: "Capellan Ingenuity: The ability to lose battles to Davion forces in new and implausible ways"

3rdCrucisLancers

• SAVAGE
  • Freelance Writer
  • Captain
you're clearly "special"

Profile>Modify Profile>Edit Buddy/Ignore List.

DoctorMonkey

• Captain
  • user briefly known as Khan of Clan Sex Panther
you're clearly "special"

Profile>Modify Profile>Edit Buddy/Ignore List.

but will you still be my friend on Facebook  :'(
Avatar stollen from spacebattles.com motivational posters thread

ChanMan: "Capellan Ingenuity: The ability to lose battles to Davion forces in new and implausible ways"

greatsarcasmo

• Fabricator General
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Ordo Scriptorum
Ah, too right. That was where it was.
Thank you. I checked, and he who's name cannot be spoken is still not with us...
Maker of big things.

3rdCrucisLancers

• SAVAGE
  • Freelance Writer
  • Captain
Ah, too right. That was where it was.
Thank you. I checked, and he who's name cannot be spoken is still not with us...

Perhaps he melted in the torrential rains that part of the world is receiving.

MadDogMaddux

• Panther Tamer
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Warrant Officer
  • No Mercy.
My only gripe is that it still shows you that the ignored person posted. I'd much rather not even see that. :P

Still, it's a significant improvement, great way to cut the spam out of certain threads.

Paladin1

• Lieutenant

I'm in Johnson City at East Tennessee State University the majority of my time these days.  All my table top stuff is packed away at my mother's house though, I stick mostly with MegaMek when I need a BT fix these days.
You have got to be kidding me, you're at ETSU?  Hell Lanceman, let me know when you're available and I'll hook you up with a game next time I'm in JC or Kingsport.  I was just wondering if the Sword in the Stone was still open or not, now I'll have to find out for certain, given that it was on Stone Drive last time I was there.

Register