Author Topic: Quickscell's first and only BattleMech: The Conscript  (Read 2714 times)

Fear Factory

• Major
  • Designing the Enemy
Quickscell's first and only BattleMech: The Conscript
« on: 04 January 2021, 02:37:40 »
If you want more detail on the design, you can go here.

Mind you, the torso's are swapped. That's the only change in the stats.

So this 'Mech is, without a doubt, my favorite design I have ever done. I put so much effort in the fluff and design so it could work in the BattleTech universe. I think I did it.

Basically, it's a 'Mech designed to get people into combat fast. A swiss-army knife. Not as advanced as a Locust, Wasp, or Stinger, not as specialized as an Urbanmech, a very low price tag, so not a lot of risk.

I'm not an artist, but I tried. Loose style.
« Last Edit: 04 January 2021, 12:12:56 by Fear Factory »
The conflict is pure - The truth devised - The future secured - The enemy designed
Maj. Isaac "Litany" Van Houten, Lone Wolves, The Former 66th "Litany Against Fear" Company

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
Re: Quickscell's first and only BattleMech: The Conscript
« Reply #1 on: 04 January 2021, 19:39:53 »
Looking back, the only real flaw is that a Large Laser is 25K C-Bills cheaper than an AC/5 (not to mention MUCH lighter).  Putting the tons into an extra MG and armor means Quickscell can sell more armor and MG ammo (which have higher margins), and only raises the sale price by about 10K.

Fear Factory

• Major
  • Designing the Enemy
« Reply #2 on: 04 January 2021, 20:29:02 »
Looking back, the only real flaw is that a Large Laser is 25K C-Bills cheaper than an AC/5 (not to mention MUCH lighter).  Putting the tons into an extra MG and armor means Quickscell can sell more armor and MG ammo (which have higher margins), and only raises the sale price by about 10K.

Too bad they couldn't figure out how to do that without having the Laser explode.
The conflict is pure - The truth devised - The future secured - The enemy designed
Maj. Isaac "Litany" Van Houten, Lone Wolves, The Former 66th "Litany Against Fear" Company

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #3 on: 04 January 2021, 20:51:33 »
Too bad indeed!  :D

MCharke

• Corporal
« Reply #4 on: 05 January 2021, 23:44:59 »
It hurts my brain that you are able to catch a detail like that. I've only been playing this game for 35 years and I would not have thought about making money off of ammunition.
Mark Charke

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #5 on: 06 January 2021, 04:10:16 »
I've been playing AccountantTech since the 80's... ^-^

Register