Author Topic: Sore Thumbs III: What Non-BT Video Games Are You Playing?  (Read 10333 times)

elf25s

• Major
Re: Sore Thumbs III: What Non-BT Video Games Are You Playing?
« Reply #60 on: 08 December 2023, 23:27:04 »
ok went through some old files and disks
found old ps1 game carnage heart by altus
damn i missed it and not even knew it program build battle just cant go wrong
you sure cannot out run death...but sure as hell you can make that bastard work for it!

guardiandashi

• Major
« Reply #61 on: 11 December 2023, 12:51:21 »
playing more satisfactory, and Fixmas event (again)
I am currently working on the last elevator project, the one involving thrusters, and nuclear pasta

I am kind of looking forward to the Dyson sphere project, update that is scheduled to drop on the 15th.

also playing some of the return to Moria yesterday, finally got the T2 gauntlet recipe, and the steel sword (t2) yesterday, still trying to find the path to the lower deeps out of the mine area
« Last Edit: 11 December 2023, 12:54:52 by guardiandashi »

idea weenie

• Major
« Reply #62 on: 12 December 2023, 21:10:04 »
I'm keeping my eye on Lightyear Frontier, aka what looks like an Agromech Simulator.

For other games, I still enjoy Startopia

Sapphirus

• Lieutenant
  • I dunno, here's Cirno shrugging...
« Reply #63 on: 12 December 2023, 23:10:22 »
I'm keeping my eye on Lightyear Frontier, aka what looks like an Agromech Simulator.

I'm also looking forward to that game as well  :cheesy:

Sapphirus

• Lieutenant
« Reply #64 on: 14 December 2023, 01:27:10 »
Doing the Indigo Disk DLC story in Pokemon Violet.

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • It's just my goth phase
« Reply #65 on: 14 December 2023, 01:45:07 »
Finally beat Persona 5 Tactica.

It was fun, mostly, but the game largely provides you with the way to beat each level, so once you figure it out there's not a lot of challenge.  Also, the game really limits how much money you can earn, which makes trying to fuse high level personas that require you to get a lot of expensive personas from your list an exercise in annoyance.  I don't think it's worth playing through again just to pick up the last few achievements.

So back to Baldur's Gate 3, especially given the new epilogues added in Patch 5 and the ability to recruit Minthara without siding with the goblins in Act 1!
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
« Reply #66 on: 14 December 2023, 08:55:01 »

I'm also looking forward to that game as well  :cheesy:

Bunch of damn Taurian Concordant Farmers... Or whatever you're Peripheral Rats do...

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

elf25s

• Major
« Reply #67 on: 14 December 2023, 10:01:20 »
on and off
dysmantle
fun survivor game easy fun mindless but easy to fall into that gamer trance which in my case makes pain i am in most days bearable...lol
you sure cannot out run death...but sure as hell you can make that bastard work for it!

Sapphirus

• Lieutenant
« Reply #68 on: 17 December 2023, 18:36:32 »
in Pokemon Violet, I caught 2 Paradox Pokemon, which are Iron Boulder and Iron Crown

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #69 on: 17 December 2023, 18:38:20 »
i really need to get back on my living dex. still have to get through the DLC for Sw/Sh

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

elf25s

• Major
« Reply #70 on: 18 December 2023, 12:06:29 »
i did something sacreligious...i touched warhammer 40k game
the newest one wh40k rouge traders
have to grugenlly admit i am enjoying it some what...
nice story easy to get into combat system turn based and so far easy to get into sort of like original x com from 1992 fast enough and game so far does not feel like its rushing you so you will not how crappy it is...visuals are very nicely rendered controls are intuitive and story line does not make you eat the lore of wh40k
i will have to implant my foot up my friends bum for dropping it of at my place...but with love and care

IAMCLANWOLF

• Freelance Artist
  • Major
« Reply #71 on: 18 December 2023, 17:10:35 »
i did something sacreligious...i touched warhammer 40k game

More like sacrilege that it took you so long.
40k games are some of my all-time favorites. 
BFG, Dawn of War, BOLTGUN, Space Marine-- to name just a few of the masterpiece titles for your electronic enjoyment.
Purge the Xenos, already!!

elf25s

• Major
« Reply #72 on: 18 December 2023, 18:56:29 »
More like sacrilege that it took you so long.
40k games are some of my all-time favorites. 
BFG, Dawn of War, BOLTGUN, Space Marine-- to name just a few of the masterpiece titles for your electronic enjoyment.
Purge the Xenos, already!!
not really i had a bad encounter about 25  plus years ago with a warhammer twitwaffle that made me stay away from the whole thing that had anything to do with warhammer40k.
this was when mall hobby stores were a thing and gamers were flocking to them to play...

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
« Reply #73 on: 20 December 2023, 08:29:11 »
Yeah, I can kick myself for selling my Necron Army right when the 4th Gen came out...

Now while most of them have been retired from the game, a local store near me happened to be running an older Gen 2 game as a demo...

I happily played a run with them, even showed up with my old Polaroids of my Army the next time I was there. Turns out, I could have gotten five times the amount I sold them, based off my Polaroid pictures. Like $2k and I had more not even pictured.

But alas, tis gone...

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #74 on: 24 December 2023, 16:19:57 »
Just discovered a demo game that's mech based called Kriegsfront Tactics on steam.  It's a Front Mission style game (early, like turn style type.)

Really fun, I can't wait for the full on game comes out.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

Akamia

• Captain
  • No challenge too great!
« Reply #75 on: 25 December 2023, 03:59:29 »
Been playing Barony with my partners lately, trying to get as far as we can. It’s a really hard game.

I’ve been playing an Automaton Mechanist, while my partners seem to tend toward a succubus and a skeleton, respectively. The succubus is our healer, and the skeleton is a monk who seems to prefer picking up axes instead of staying unarmed as the class would normally play. I believe the furthest we’ve gone was somewhere between Floor 10 and Floor 18. We don’t know how many floors there are.
« Last Edit: 25 December 2023, 08:10:38 by Akamia »
Let's all go to Cargonia, land of stolen things
Obey the quartermaster unless he is a 'ling
Cargo techs guard the station and find more stuff to take
But the boss is never satisfied until the station breaks...

elf25s

• Major
« Reply #76 on: 25 December 2023, 13:09:19 »
allrighty then
fallout 4 london mod it seems that they had pushed the release date to april 23 2024
had been following the progress for a while and it seems to be good

elf25s

• Major
« Reply #77 on: 25 December 2023, 15:38:22 »
ok had any ne even played the newest armored core at al? no one mentioned it so far

NeonKnight

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Cause Them My Initials!
« Reply #78 on: 25 December 2023, 22:37:32 »
allrighty then
fallout 4 london mod it seems that they had pushed the release date to april 23 2024
had been following the progress for a while and it seems to be good

It's a question of what platform it would be for.
AGENT #575, Vancouver Canada

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #79 on: 26 December 2023, 00:02:53 »
Hopefully it won't turn out like the Anchorage mod did.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

elf25s

• Major
« Reply #80 on: 26 December 2023, 08:04:39 »
https://fallout4london.com/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PuzpblWpVM&ab_channel=TeamFOLON
according to the info its supposed to be bigger than base game and anchorge expansion new assets new characters and voice acting

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #81 on: 26 December 2023, 08:14:23 »
Did a random number generator to relieve some decision paralysis about which of my 700 unplayed steam games to try out.

The wheel of fate gave me The Forgotten City. It’s a trippy time travel / time loop game where you end up in the Roman Empire and have to solve a supernatural mystery. Pretty good voice acting and an interesting story so far

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

elf25s

• Major
« Reply #82 on: 29 December 2023, 15:57:17 »
ok silly independent game
choo choo charles
silly mix of horror and comedy rolled into one
you are invited to an island to obtain a special item for a museum ...monster is like thomas the tank engine but with 8 legs and it hunts you down while you try to get the item

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #83 on: 29 December 2023, 16:50:20 »
If you haven't seen it already, the Stupendium has a fantastic filk song about that game called The End of the Line on YouTube.

ISD

• Master Sergeant
    • Project Mumblings
« Reply #84 on: 30 December 2023, 03:41:15 »
Factorio and System Shock remake on the Deck. I guess I’ll be returning to the nineties after the vacation as I bought the Commander Keen series from the Steam Sale the other day 🙈
Clan Jade Falcon
Gamma Galaxy
3rd Falcon Talon Cluster

Sapphirus

• Lieutenant
« Reply #85 on: 30 December 2023, 21:32:08 »
Yesterday I played Portal 1 (that was bundled with the Portal Companion Collection) for the Switch.  TTBT, it plays very well on the Switch.  I do have the original steam games though.  :smiley:

Green Knight

• Recruit
« Reply #86 on: 07 January 2024, 09:26:15 »
League of Legends. I've been playing it for 5 years. I consider myself a veteran, but there's still much to learn. Five years is not enough to fully understand it. That's how complex this game is.
If you're a newbie starting out, some additional help can come in handy. Read as much as you can about this game, such as this League of Legends blog, where you can find tips and strategies to play better. Watch how others play. You'll find on Youtube many streamers. Just don't give up. The first period will be hard, but you'll get the hang of it eventually. This game is worth it.
« Last Edit: 10 January 2024, 05:04:04 by Green Knight »

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #87 on: 07 January 2024, 10:52:07 »
The Forgotten City was a great little game. Only 7-12 hour depending on your detective skills but full of interesting characters a number of unexpected twists.

Akamia

• Captain
  • No challenge too great!
« Reply #88 on: 10 January 2024, 10:35:47 »
Cleared Barony for the first and second time, yesterday and this morning respectively. First time was in co-op, I was mesmer succubus and my ally was a conjurer skeleton. Second time, I played conjurer skeleton alone.

My conjurer run was pretty slow going for the first half of the game on account of the skeleton’s painfully slow mana and health regen, but my conjured skeleton minions carried me through. Despite being its signature class, skeletons don’t play conjurer or other caster classes very well at all. I had a good time regardless, though. Don’t think I’ll play skeleton casters again, though. Heh.

Next, I’m trying my hand at beating the game as a punisher incubus and hunter insectoid. I want to unlock all the DLC signature classes so I can freely choose between them regardless of race by the end of the month. Humans may be able to play whatever class they want, but to play a monster’s signature class as any other monster, you have to beat the game as that monster – not necessarily their associated class, though because I’m also achievement hunting, I’m doing exactly that anyway.
Let's all go to Cargonia, land of stolen things
Obey the quartermaster unless he is a 'ling
Cargo techs guard the station and find more stuff to take
But the boss is never satisfied until the station breaks...

Darth Nichos

• Lieutenant
« Reply #89 on: 21 January 2024, 21:03:39 »
Finished Fate Samurai Remnant on the Good Ending with 52% achievements completed on the first play though. I dislike the fact that you are cut off from completing alot of things because your never warned in advance.

Otherwise, loved the story though I wish we got more to the Good Ending

Now I just have to distract myself for another couple of weeks till Granblue Fantasy Relink comes out
To End is to Begin; therefore there are no Endings, only Beginnings

Peace without Liberty is Oppression with Clothing

Register