Author Topic: The Wreckolution!  (Read 563 times)

Charistoph

• Major
The Wreckolution!
« on: 18 January 2024, 21:04:03 »
So our local scenario organizer is going to be out of town due to visiting LVO.  So I offered to do the scenario.  What do you think?

The Battlemaster's out, so let's get a little nuts.
Viva la Wreckolution!  Time for a new King?!

BV: 14,000
Units: No Aerospace
Pilots: Per Purchasing Rules
Era: None
Tech: Intro, Standard, Advanced, Experimental
Rules: Total Warfare, Tactical Operations, Interstellar Operations
Customs: No
Forced Withdrawal: Yes
Rounds: 4 hours
VC: Secure the King's Palace.

Special Rules: 
1) In order to Secure the King's Palace, you need to capture a series of posts:
 - 2 Pawn Posts need to be captured in order to capture an Officer Post.
 - 1 Officer Post must be captured in order to capture a General's Post.
 - 1 General's Post must be secured to capture the King's Palace.
2) Capturing Posts:
 - To capture a Post, the same unit within 2 Hexes of Post for 2 End Turns.
 - Only 'Mechs and Infantry can Secure a Post.
 - Infantry in a Post's hex Control a Post, and can prevent units outside of the Hex from capturing it.
 - In case of a tie, Combat Vehicles are tie breakers.
 - Only Infantry may enter a Post's Hex.
3) Controlling a Post:
 - Infantry can control a Post so long as they are the only one in the Post.
 - A controlled post will provide extra firepower and benefits, depending on its Rank.
 - Firepower is done at Infantry's Gunnery, and Infantry cannot use their own Weapons.
 - Infantry are considered Under Cover while in a Post's Hex, but not in a Building.
4) Optional Rules Used At This Venue:
 - Floating Criticals
 - Elevation Changes while Moving Backwards
 - Flamers, Apply Heat and Damage
 - Machine Guns, Rapid Fire Option
 - Sprinting
 - One Arm Prop Firing while Prone
 - Evading Movement
 - Guardian Movement
 - Careful Stand

Map:

Using Chess pieces to represent the different posts, Pawns are obvious, with Rooks and Bishops being Officer Posts and Queens being the General.  The King is obviously the King's Palace.  The Map is limited because I've spent more on getting my collection updated than redeveloping my map collection.

I plan on giving out some Stat cards for the different Posts.  They will all be armed with something relatively light, but heavier than the average Infantry unit without Field Guns deploys.

I will also add an option to use Battlefield Support Cards (minus Mines) to be drawn for the Pawn.  Cards with Special Force Abilities, which I can't decide if they should be drawn by Officer or General Post Secure, probably General.  I can't think of what to do with Officer.  Maybe split the BSPs between Light and Heavy, and allow the Lights for the Pawns and Heavy for Officers?

Aside from forgetting about Protomechs (which is only a problem for me as I'm the only one who has or uses them), limited map options, and visibility of the Chess pieces, any thoughts or constructive criticism?
Are you a Wolf, a Sheep, or a Hound?
Quote from: Megavolt
They called me crazy…they called me insane…THEY CALLED ME LOONEY!! and boy, were they right.

Charistoph's Painted Products of Mechanical Mayhem

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
Re: The Wreckolution!
« Reply #1 on: 19 January 2024, 19:00:38 »
Two questions:

1) What side do the various forces enter from?

2) How much infantry does it take to hold a position?  Squads of two are easy to make... ;)

Charistoph

• Major
« Reply #2 on: 25 January 2024, 20:52:37 »
1) What side do the various forces enter from?

I originally set it up with 6 entry points, 1 for each corner, and them mid-way on the long side.  If more showed up, I was going to put 2 more on the middle of the sort edges.

Ended up being a no-show thanks to LVO and a baby birth, so trying it again tomorrow.

2) How much infantry does it take to hold a position?  Squads of two are easy to make... ;)

Just an Infantry unit.  Battle Armor Squad or ConvInf Squad works.  However, the Posts only provides Cover, not Building Resistance.  It doesn't take much for a Squad of 2 be taken out by... well, anything.
They called me crazy…they called me insane…THEY CALLED ME LOONEY!! and boy, were they right.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #3 on: 25 January 2024, 21:03:58 »
Most squads are easy to kill... but if you have multiple ones of two, you can just retake the point afterward... ;)

Charistoph

• Major
« Reply #4 on: 26 January 2024, 12:35:28 »
Most squads are easy to kill... but if you have multiple ones of two, you can just retake the point afterward... ;)

You can only have 2 of those Squads in a hex, though, and the rules allow for A-Pods and Artillery, so...

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #5 on: 26 January 2024, 18:47:02 »
Retaking a point should only take one move, and with 3 possible for jump troops... ;)