Author Topic: MD: All your units are belong to The Master?  (Read 1686 times)

beachhead1985

• Major
  • 1st SOG; SLDF. "McKenna's Marauders"
    • Kilroy's Wall
MD: All your units are belong to The Master?
« on: 04 October 2019, 23:47:05 »
I checked my books and I could not find this, but do I recall correctly that the WOB had some kind of MD super-weapon that allowed an MD to actually *take over* and control an enemy ground unit? I though that was VDNI interface armour...but doesn't look like it to me when i read the rules in IO.

Thanks for your time.
Epitaph on an Army of Mercenaries

These, in the day when heaven was falling,      Their shoulders held the sky suspended;
The hour when earth's foundations fled,         They stood, and earth's foundations stay;
Followed their mercenary calling,               What God abandoned, these defended,
And took their wages, and are dead.             And saved the sum of things for pay.

A.E. Housman

dgorsman

• Captain
Re: MD: All your units are belong to The Master?
« Reply #1 on: 05 October 2019, 04:56:59 »
Closest thing I can think of would be the "hacking" in Mech Assault.
Think about it.  It's what we do.
- The Society

Thunder LRMs: the gift that keeps on giving.  They're the glitter of the BattleTech universe.

SteelRaven

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Fight for something or Die for nothing
    • The Steel-Raven at DeviantArt
« Reply #2 on: 05 October 2019, 08:41:55 »
The Interface Armor was just for their mechs, a non invasive alternative to implants. I would chalk up mech hacking to a in universe rumor/myth with other never seen super weapons that probably came about thanks to turn coats and operations the Wobbies pulled off using other flags.
Battletech Art and Commissions
http://steel-raven.deviantart.com

beachhead1985

• Major
  • 1st SOG; SLDF. "McKenna's Marauders"
    • Kilroy's Wall
« Reply #3 on: 05 October 2019, 10:46:33 »
The Interface Armor was just for their mechs, a non invasive alternative to implants. I would chalk up mech hacking to a in universe rumor/myth with other never seen super weapons that probably came about thanks to turn coats and operations the Wobbies pulled off using other flags.

I wondered.
Epitaph on an Army of Mercenaries

These, in the day when heaven was falling,      Their shoulders held the sky suspended;
The hour when earth's foundations fled,         They stood, and earth's foundations stay;
Followed their mercenary calling,               What God abandoned, these defended,
And took their wages, and are dead.             And saved the sum of things for pay.

A.E. Housman

dgorsman

• Captain
« Reply #4 on: 05 October 2019, 10:50:41 »
No, you still need VDNI for the NIU interface PAL.
Think about it.  It's what we do.
- The Society

Thunder LRMs: the gift that keeps on giving.  They're the glitter of the BattleTech universe.

Register