Author Topic: Truck - WIP  (Read 2854 times)

boilerman

• Lieutenant
  • Spinning wrenches since 1968.
Truck - WIP
« on: 28 January 2011, 02:13:21 »
I've never posts on the Fan Art board before.  I've been working with Profantasy's Campaign Cartographer off and on for 3 or 4 years now.  I'm not much of an artist but I've had fun with it.  I've wanted to branch out to 3d modeling for a while but just haven't had the time to devote to learning something like Blender.  I've checked Blender out but the learning curve looks to be really steep so I've had my eye out for something a little easier to use.  I stumbled on Google's Sketchup a few days ago and have been tinkering.  This is the result - a cargo truck cab.  It's not necessarily BattleTech but I think most people know I like to flesh out the support forces.  Of course it's a work in progress and I've a lot to learn but I thought I'd share and see what people think.
Avatar by Wombat. Thanks Wombat!

boilerman

• Lieutenant
Re: Truck - WIP
« Reply #1 on: 06 February 2011, 00:59:29 »
I've been working on some components.  :)

3rdCrucisLancers

• SAVAGE
  • Freelance Writer
  • Captain
  • Smallest star in the firmament
« Reply #2 on: 06 February 2011, 01:28:53 »
Looks snazzy, man! Kinda reminds me of a 1980s era heavy truck, and what's more CBT than that?
Fighter of the Nightman (ah-ah-ah)
Champion of the Sun (ah-ah-ah)

boilerman

• Lieutenant
« Reply #3 on: 06 February 2011, 02:56:59 »
Yea, form follows function for military stuff so I don't see stuff changing a lot, even in 1,000 years.

Here's a more complete prototype truck.  I had to totally revamp the design because I got sloppy with the entities in the program so it was being a real pain to manipulate from this incarnation.  I'm finding I have to put in far more thought into how to layout the design than into actually drawing it.

Register