Author Topic: Kooken's Pleasure Pit: Founding?  (Read 1518 times)

Liam's Ghost

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Miss Chitty finds your honor rules quaint.
Kooken's Pleasure Pit: Founding?
« on: 24 March 2018, 01:01:36 »
The original House Steiner Sourcebook indicates that Kooken's Pleasure Pit was "created" during the reign of Alessandro Steiner, twenty years before the in universe date of the sourcebook. I assume this means founded.

However, the planet appears on the maps in the later Handbook: House Steiner as early as the first succession war under the name Kooken's Pleasure Pit. And again in the Liberation of Terra books on star league era maps.

So my question: Should the original story (founded by Alessandro Steiner to compete against the more illegal activities of Dustball) be considered completely abandoned, or might some of it remain true, such as being colonized earlier but only actually becoming the Pleasure Pit during Alessandro's reign?

Good news is the lab boys say the symptoms of asbestos poisoning show an immediate latency of 44.6 years. So if you're thirty or over you're laughing. Worst case scenario you miss out on a few rounds of canasta, plus you've forwarded the cause of science by three centuries. I punch those numbers into my calculator, it makes a happy face.

(indirect accessory to the) Slayer of Monitors!

Register