Author Topic: The Hanseatic League in 3150ish  (Read 6516 times)

tropheus

• Recruit
The Hanseatic League in 3150ish
« on: 21 September 2019, 08:30:49 »
I for some reason have a weird fascination with the Hanseatic League. What is its status in the modern times? I know Diamond Shark had an interest in them back in the golden age of BT so I am just curious if the black out and Jihad affected them or the weird way the Clans are operating now did anything.

fever_Dream.)

• Private
Re: The Hanseatic League in 3150ish
« Reply #1 on: 21 September 2019, 13:52:18 »
I for some reason have a weird fascination with the Hanseatic League. What is its status in the modern times? I know Diamond Shark had an interest in them back in the golden age of BT so I am just curious if the black out and Jihad affected them or the weird way the Clans are operating now did anything.
The League has been in the back of my mind, too.  Few years back, I had the opportunity to visit a real-life Hansa fortress and pick up a couple coins, and ended up getting lost in a Hansa terminal.  So they resonate as a "second" faction for me.

I hope they're still alive.  Though they did piss off way too many people.  And then there's the Escorpiones, who I believe was mentioned as looking for ways to go after the League.

Tyler Jorgensson

• Captain
« Reply #2 on: 24 September 2019, 04:56:46 »
Last we heard some of the Clans were considering an attack against them. The Eacorpion Imperio to train and blood their new warriors and Galaxies, and IIRC the Homeworld to start with a base to attack the Imperio.

Offworlder

• Sergeant
« Reply #3 on: 27 September 2019, 09:35:39 »
I believe that the latest news about the League was that found in WoR Supplemental which detailed the HW Clan raids post Jihad and the IE book which mentions it sparingly. The former book also seems to point to some unspecified trouble taking place in the wake of these raids.

What is really strange is that they seem to have fallen off the radar in the post-Jihad era, which gives the impression that they have become isolated. As for the Escorpions, they basically can't even control their own subjects, let alone assimilate others, in even greater numbers. I think that the biggest threat is a HW clan invasion force (which will also probably target the Imperio). Having said that, it would be a shame as the League is quite different from other realms (political setup, economy etc) and could be fleshed out a bit more.
Someone said that information is ammunition. Both are for sale at the nearest League outpost...and more!

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
« Reply #4 on: 18 November 2019, 15:40:19 »
The Hansiatic League is in the off limits part of the Deep Periphery along with the Escorpion Imperio and the Home Clans.  Something special will be coming from there one day.  Otherwise, why the extended secrecy since 3090 or so?
Playing Guitar On My YouTube Channel:
Current cover tune: "The Wind Cries Mary" (by Jimi Hendrix)
https://youtu.be/m6a8wZiCsjM?si=0w7tVOgk7yylNv6a

"Thou shalt not create a machine in the image of the human mind." ~ The Orange Catholic Bible, Dune, Frank Herbert

Frabby

• Major
« Reply #5 on: 18 November 2019, 15:53:21 »
The idea of an "off-limits" zone in the deep periphery is weird though. It's essentially impossible to effectively blockade a region this large.
Sarna.net BattleTechWiki Admin
Author of the BattleCorps stories Feather vs. Mountain, Rise and Shine, Proprietary, Trial of Faith & scenario Twins

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
« Reply #6 on: 18 November 2019, 16:34:15 »
Oh, I meant "off limits" from a writer's point of view.  That was what I had read, anyway.  I could be wrong, but it seems that something special  will be done with it when the time is right. 

"Thou shalt not create a machine in the image of the human mind." ~ The Orange Catholic Bible, Dune, Frank Herbert

Frabby

• Major
« Reply #7 on: 23 November 2019, 04:53:40 »
 :) Ah ok, misunderstanding then.
Though the general area is sort of off-limits - Interstellar Explorations complained in their sourcebook that JumpShips wandering too close to the holdings of the homeworld Clans in the deep periphery keep vanishing, and in some cases attacks were confirmed.
Sarna.net BattleTechWiki Admin
Author of the BattleCorps stories Feather vs. Mountain, Rise and Shine, Proprietary, Trial of Faith & scenario Twins

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
« Reply #8 on: 23 November 2019, 08:47:46 »
That too.  I'm eaten up by curiosity about what has been happening in that region of space and I hope we find out sometime soon.