Author Topic: lost info on mech  (Read 1085 times)

gunner

• Sergeant
  • Todays a good day to die, YOU FIRST
lost info on mech
« on: 23 September 2019, 11:12:05 »
Help I have a mini which I can't seem to find on Iron Wind site.   It looks a lot like a Blade,  BUT  it has a cockpit like a chameleon and has an extended heel on both feet.  It also has a side way B  butt shirt like a Dasher.

THANKS for the HELP
Long life through fire superiority
IN range  and ON target  M 60 MG

Cache

• Captain
    • Lords of the Battlefield
Re: lost info on mech
« Reply #1 on: 23 September 2019, 12:39:33 »
Can you attach a pic?

God and Davion

• Excelencia Steiner
  • Administrator
  • Major
  • This place for rent
« Reply #2 on: 23 September 2019, 12:44:43 »
We are back again... but we never forget Albatross

dgorsman

• Captain
« Reply #3 on: 23 September 2019, 15:02:30 »
Enfield?  But yeah - picture is needed.
Think about it.  It's what we do.
- The Society

Thunder LRMs: the gift that keeps on giving.  They're the glitter of the BattleTech universe.

gunner

• Sergeant
« Reply #4 on: 24 September 2019, 01:20:48 »
Sorry I don't have camera phone.  The torso are similar the hex shape aka {missile launch style}  but the cockpit does NOT have risers nor a boxed in windscreen in the front {like a ME 109}  but has loops across the top from side to side like a early P 51.  It also has a stub nose with an X on it just in front of and below the cockpit   with a small tube  {small laser?} above the cockpit.  The center torso looks more like a cockpit over a long box with a smaller gondola  under it.   The rear torso is rounded with 6 small circular holes on each side of the rear.
  The legs have hefty lower legs with a box with a slash  on them  in the oppset angle of the Blade  {they point inward not out}  the legs also have the huge calf "muscles"  on both sides of each leg.  the feet  look normal from the front  but  have a extended heel sort of like the heavy gear mechs did.

Not an Enfield or Crimson hawk.   DID Iron Wind by chance make  2 sculpts of this mech???   different cockpit on each???

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #5 on: 24 September 2019, 02:32:49 »
Did you also peruse the Archives mech section?  There is indeed a second Blade sculpt there.  The description also sounds like the Ghost possibly as well.

gunner

• Sergeant
« Reply #6 on: 24 September 2019, 12:45:32 »
Both sculpts of the blade have the boxed in shape of the cockpit.    The mini I have does not, it has more of a teardrop shape and the sliding closer  with  an above semi-circular rib of  most WW II fighters.  Ghost does not have the hex shaped  torsos.

Xiwo Xerase

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #7 on: 24 September 2019, 13:49:57 »
A picture would be really helpful.  But, barring that, let's try a different tack.

What obvious weaponry does it have?  (Or looks like it has?)  What are the arms like? 

Xiwo Xerase

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #8 on: 24 September 2019, 14:05:43 »
Also, as I understand the description, the Ghost is the best fit I've come up with so far.

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Lieutenant General
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
« Reply #9 on: 24 September 2019, 14:06:56 »
Yup, the Ghost

Or possibly the Valiant

Noting that the DA mini lacks the shield.
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

gunner

• Sergeant
« Reply #10 on: 25 September 2019, 23:03:30 »
its a GHOST    The IWM  photo does not show enough details to seem the entire torso  nor does it show the unusual feet

Register