Author Topic: You know you have a good group of players when...  (Read 2012 times)

fever_Dream.)

• Private
You know you have a good group of players when...
« on: 22 September 2019, 18:29:59 »
I was inspired to make this threat due to the last game.  I had to keep pressing my players if they were truly having fun and they swore up and down that they had a blast, so I was wondering if anyone else had similar stories to share:

So the party is plotting to storm a noble's holdings on a planet as part of an objective raid.  The party consists of two Lyran nobles, one a tech genius who hates his family, the other wanting to live a more "rustic" life in the periphery, a Rim Collection refugee, a Belter doctor, an ex-Extractor pirate, and a pirate dropship pilot.  They were to park themselves on a planet and smash and grab for a special package that was being delivered.  They arrived a few days early, so what did they do?  A four hour session of going to dinner, going shopping, trying on clothes, and teaching the non-noble characters basic cotillion.  They had me create an entire menu for the fancy restaurant.  They had dinner conversations in-character.  They spent nearly an hour and a half roleplaying dinner conversation.  "No, no.  That is the salad fork.  Please don't mess this up, there will be people watching you, what with all those skull tattoos you have..."

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
Re: You know you have a good group of players when...
« Reply #1 on: 22 September 2019, 18:55:22 »
Yes indeed!  When I first introduced my kids to D&D, they were more into just being peasants than chasing the goblin that was stealing their sheep!  8)

beachhead1985

• Major
  • 1st SOG; SLDF. "McKenna's Marauders"
    • Kilroy's Wall
Re: You know you have a good group of players when...
« Reply #2 on: 22 September 2019, 19:32:51 »
I ran a firefly game like that that devolved into the companion's ...business dealings and the party's laundry.
Epitaph on an Army of Mercenaries

These, in the day when heaven was falling,      Their shoulders held the sky suspended;
The hour when earth's foundations fled,         They stood, and earth's foundations stay;
Followed their mercenary calling,               What God abandoned, these defended,
And took their wages, and are dead.             And saved the sum of things for pay.

A.E. Housman

Register