Author Topic: My unofficial rules to find better metals for armor.  (Read 2364 times)

partyon

• Recruit
My unofficial rules to find better metals for armor.
« on: 08 October 2011, 09:36:44 »
Here's what you do: Use the LosTech Prospector Life Path to get a Custom Vehicle and have in tha vehicle's cargo bay any armor of any strength you want.  So if you want armor that is 100,000 times stronger than standard armor, then go for it.
Let's have parties forever!

Cannon_Fodder

• Warrant Officer
  • Dream of freedom from the 2d6 bell curve.
Re: My unofficial rules to find better metals for armor.
« Reply #1 on: 08 October 2011, 09:59:43 »
Here's what you do: Use the LosTech Prospector Life Path to get a Custom Vehicle and have in tha vehicle's cargo bay any armor of any strength you want.  So if you want armor that is 100,000 times stronger than standard armor, then go for it.

Think you miss the part where Custom Vehicle trait doesn't allow that at all. Look in the core rule book to see just what Custom Vehicle does.

It allows stuff like Pick from RATs, get different RATs, or build your own (within established rules).

Find another way young munchkin, the munchieness is weak in you.

EDIT: Plus you can't use vehicle traits to get a cargo vehicle and have the cargo hold magically filled with stuff you did not buy with character wealth let alone stuff that doesn't even exist.
« Last Edit: 08 October 2011, 11:43:08 by Cannon_Fodder »

Avatar by ShadowRaven  Sig banner by HikageMaru

guardiandashi

• Major
« Reply #2 on: 08 October 2011, 13:27:34 »
arguably you COULD do it through the custom vehicle trait ... but you would have to go off the top of the existing tech base chart

example custom vech 0-4 allows varying levels of IS vechicle
clan is ~2-6
my house could be 4-8 etc

by doing that I could allow a player to have a DHI mech in a personal compaign if I choose to.  the thing was that the DHI tech base had a tendancy to make clan tech look like the clans vs 3025 tech

examples of DHI tech:
ferro-fibrous-carbide armor 36 armor/ton 7 crits

"poured" ferrocarbide armor, was origionally developed as tank armor on mechs is completely incompatable with omnitech and doubles repair times.  the reason this is considered an acceptable tradeoff is it prevents all crits until the armor is destroyed in a location.  protection 40 armor /ton (on vehicles) 36 armor/ton on mechs takes all unused crits. note refits of standard mechs to change configuration take at least double time as all armor must be removed the new equipment mounted and then the armor re"poured"

"standard" DHI ff armor multiplier is 1.36 1 crit

DHI also developed advanced advanced armoring techniques upgrading standard and endosteel chassis's armor multiplier from the clans/is 2.0/3.0 (2x internal for all locations 3 for head) to the DHI standard 2.66/3.99

DHI also developed enhanced weapons

frankly a DHI Sandpiper MK 5 the last time I calculated the bv for the mech was pushing 15-20K bv for 1 60 ton mech

Bobby Hostile

« Reply #3 on: 31 October 2011, 09:19:57 »
What does "DHI" stand for?

Martius

• Captain
« Reply #4 on: 31 October 2011, 11:00:55 »
  So if you want armor that is 100,000 times stronger than standard armor, then go for it.

But what do you mount it on? Can a Mech/Tank/Armoured Vest/Whatever support it?

Hehe reminds me when some greedy players traded with C* for a container full of SL Tech in a friends game. They got it of course- 20t of the SLs finest.... gauss balls.  Of course Gauss Rifles were hard to get in 3010....  :D

guardiandashi

• Major
« Reply #5 on: 31 October 2011, 16:49:58 »
DHI was a brand name.
Acronym for the company Draconous Heavy Industries
DHI is in no way affiliated with house Kurita or the Draconus Combine