Author Topic: Chicagoland Battletech at Gamers Plus  (Read 2868 times)

AETiglathPZ

• Recruit
Chicagoland Battletech at Gamers Plus
« on: 09 April 2021, 12:19:13 »
Wednesday, Weekly, 5pm to about 10pm.: We have a Wednesday group at Gamers Plus in Mount Prospect that plays from 5PM to about 10PM since AUG2020. Some weeks it is two or three of us. Last week we had 6 players with a couple more expressing interest in playing in the future. Current campaign is a AU set in 3020 in the Chaos Provinces of the former Rim Worlds Republic using Introtech. We did have a standard Clan Trial of Position game gone wrong scenario a couple weeks back. We can always sneak a player into a existing game as reinforcements or having a player take over a couple mechs already in play if needed. I have extra record sheets, mechs in metal and cardboard form.

Saturday group, Monthly: TBD

jasonf

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Warrant Officer
Re: Chicagoland Battletech at Gamers Plus
« Reply #1 on: 14 April 2021, 09:32:11 »
Thanks for the info. I'm in downtown Chicago and have visited Games Plus a couple times but haven't played there (mostly since I've gotten back into BT during the pandemic).

I wouldn't mind joining sometime, though just to warn you, I'm still refreshing my brain on TT play via MegaMek games vs the bot after 20 years away and after the HBS PC game as warped my memory of the rules.

I also have plenty of old carboard pieces and maps, and a handful of minis, if needed.

Dark_Falcon

• Warrant Officer
  • Over, under, or through.
« Reply #2 on: 22 April 2021, 19:12:43 »
I am interested, as I regularly played in the monthly games at Games Plus before COVID. I was planning to run something myself from Tukayyid in May or June no that I've had my 2nd Pfizer shot.

I have many minis, a good number of maps, a Type D Battlemat, and even a box of desert Geo-Hex.
To the utmost!

akuma1x

• Recruit
« Reply #3 on: 11 May 2021, 10:03:23 »
Let's do it, let's try to get back together. I was part of one of the groups back in the '00s, and specifically the group that met the morning of the Space Shuttle Columbia disaster on Feb. 1st, 2003. Ironically, we played our first space battle that day. Anyway, lots of past experience with table top, and recently COVID crashing into lots of games of MegaMek. Let's get a game together, could even be online.

And to the OP, it's Games Plus, in case anybody is searching for it.

https://www.games-plus.com/
https://goo.gl/maps/kcQe24VwZhoKYCQ27

Youngblood

• Captain
  • metalmans no longer dumpy or metal, can't touch
« Reply #4 on: 31 March 2022, 08:54:04 »
cool group

Dark_Falcon

• Warrant Officer
  • Over, under, or through.
« Reply #5 on: 21 April 2022, 20:02:56 »
I did want to ask if the Agents have any game planned for May.  Not trying to push at folks, just trying to plan my month.
To the utmost!

AETiglathPZ

• Recruit
« Reply #6 on: 22 May 2022, 17:52:54 »
cool group

Thanks for playing.

Currently we have started our own version of Operation Revival. Every player is a representative of their own Clan trying to win honor in a effort to grow ones own force.

In June 3049, the 1st Recon Cluster with elements of all the Clans jumps onto the former Rim Worlds Republic world of Idrmach. The first to great them were elements of the Oberon Star Empire.

Every Wednesday, Gamer Plus, 5-9PM, back table by the rear door
« Last Edit: 22 May 2022, 19:33:07 by AETiglathPZ »

Red wolf

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Private
« Reply #7 on: 24 May 2022, 15:02:47 »
do you all have a discord or Weekend Games?

houndzilla

• Recruit
« Reply #8 on: 01 June 2022, 15:48:58 »
I'm local to Games Plus and would love to get some games in.  Not sure I can make the weekly game, but the Monthly Saturday Group interests me. 

jasonf

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Warrant Officer
« Reply #9 on: 02 June 2022, 08:29:19 »
Info on the next weekend game is here (June 18), in case you missed it:
https://bg.battletech.com/forums/challenges-and-gatherings/chicagoland-june-battletech-game-77531/