Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Strategic Combat / Re: CHAOS Campaign with Battleforce
« Last post by Zematus737 on Today at 16:11:53 »
Or, on the other hand, are Battalion formations supposed to be comprised of 1 or 2 mech companies with a mishmash of support vehicles, Aero and infantry?  You might possibly be able to squeeze a diverse battalion together with several different things.  Still scratching my head about this one.  I like the Chaos campaign SP cost tables and would really like to shape it around a BF short campaign scenario.
You could always split the difference with an X-Pulse Laser
Strategic Combat / CHAOS Campaign with Battleforce
« Last post by Zematus737 on Today at 16:04:28 »
I tried to play with the numbers for the Base Force Size Modifier, but I can't seem to get anything realistic in terms of a reasonable budget for anything at the size that Battleforce would require.

The example given on some of the BFSM of 5 with B tech would be the following:  to convert 100 Warchest Points, you would multiply 100wp by the BFSM, multiplied again by the tech rating of B as 1.5, giving you 750 Support Points to play with.  750sp translate to 7,500,000 C-bills.

It's just not enough if you follow the base steps for a larger force of say a Battalion.  36 divided by 4 (inner sphere) would give you a BFSM of 9.  9x100wp=900sp/9,000,000 C-bills.  At best, you would get 90 million for the full warchest conversion.  Not enough for even 2 Medium Mech companies.

Again, for a Regiment of about 106 units divided by the 4 for the Inner Sphere organizational Lance composition would give you a BFSM of 27.  Netting you about 27,000,000 for the conversion of each 100.  270,000,000,000 for the whole amount.  I'm not about to figure how that one would fit. 

Needless to say, I was wondering if multiplying the final conversion by the same factor of most Battleforce conversions of x3, would bring it to a working budget.  So, back to the Battalion level.  Multiplying the 9m per 100 points conversion by three times would leave you with 27m -- or about 270 million all together for the full 1000 Warchest reserve point total.  I think this is manageable, but I would like anyone else to run the numbers and see if a campaign based on C-bills would work in BF with this tweek.  There is a Faction Specific rundown of mech list file out there that has all the Cbill costs that may help shave time from having to MUL or Record Sheet hunt each entry.
Fan Articles / Re: Mech of the Week: THR Thunder
« Last post by Starfury on Today at 16:00:31 »
Hey don't joke about LRM-5s! The Hornet's been doing OK for centuries, and even Wolf's Dragoons uses them!
MechWarrior Hall / Re: Word Association 36: SAY WHAT AGAIN!!!
« Last post by Wrangler on Today at 15:55:51 »
guarding
Fan Fiction / Re: Opalescent Reflections
« Last post by PsihoKekec on Today at 15:49:54 »
The manoeuvre even has a theme song

Do it if you dare
    Leaping from the sky
    Hurling thru the air
    Exhilarating high
    See the earth below
    Soon to make a crater
    Blue sky, black death
    I'm off to meet my maker

Energy of the Gods, adrenalin surge
    Won't stop 'til I hit the ground
    I'm on my way for sure
    Up here in the air this will never hurt
    I'm on my way to impact
    Taste the high speed dirt

Paralyzed with fear
    Feel velocity gain
    Entering a near
    Catatonic state
    Pressure of the sound
    Roaring thru my head
    Crash into the ground
    Damned if I'll be dead

Energy of the gods, adrenalin surge
    Won't stop 'til I hit the ground
    I'm on my way for sure
    Up here in the air this will never hurt
    I'm on my way to impact
    A Taste of high speed dirt

Jump or die!

Dropping all my weight
    Going down full throttle
    The Pale Horse awaits
    Like a genie in a bottle
    Fire in my veins
    Faster as I go
    I forgot my name
    I'm a dirt torpedo

High speed dirt
Megadeath - High Speed Dirt
:police: MOD NOTE

Locked per original posters request.

His name is General Ludwig Steiner, Grand Duke of Furillo, Margrave of Buena, Duke of Porrima, Duke-in-Exile of Tamar and Skye, Victor of Valloire, Liberator of Bolan.

I'm suddenly envisioning you following him around, carrying a banner and him being all "CSFA! Introduce me!" whenever he enters a room :)
Clan Chatterweb / Re: Clan Fire Mandrill: Monkey Talk
« Last post by Alan Grant on Today at 15:31:48 »
I think he meant standalone dropship that is also a mobile factory, that can be hauled around by an unmodified Potemkin. I could be wrong though. I interpreted his post as an attempt to explore how to magnify the value of an unmodified Potemkin, particularly in areas like commerce or exploiting resources or industrial roles like factories.

I don't have the book that covers HH-1. So I don't know a lot about it.
Fan Fiction / Re: Opalescent Reflections
« Last post by Moriarty74 on Today at 15:28:55 »
Well, at least she'll maybe get a battlemech maneuver named after herself ... the Sarah Weaver Highdiving Headbutt, patent pending and odds of survival not revealed at this time.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Register