Author Topic: Medallion Availability?  (Read 4389 times)

Hayden.

• Master Sergeant
Medallion Availability?
« on: 21 June 2018, 02:44:24 »
Over the years I've happened across a few "Medallions" in various boxed sets I've purchased (I've got Liao, Kurita, and Wolf's Dragoons).  For a number of years I just hung on to these, without any real inkling as to what I could do with them. I recently hit on a few ideas (Objective markers on AS maps, and use as decorative terrain pieces, representing sculptures or reliefs on buildings).  I was wondering if there was a way to acquire more of these, other than buying boxed sets or hunting for them on the second-hand market?

Also, was there ever a St. Ives medallion?

Thanks!
Hayden

JadeHellbringer

• Easily Bribed Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
  • Third time this week!
Re: Medallion Availability?
« Reply #1 on: 21 June 2018, 08:15:28 »
Not aware of a St. Ives medallion having been made- I've got a few of each made (except Clan Wolf, sadly), and there's no horse head in there. Pity, really.

The others though... not sure about their availability at this point. I know they aren't on the IWM web store (I looked a while back), but it couldn't hurt to contact IWM by e-mail and ask if they're still available at all. I got mine at a convention, so they might have some around for con season or something. Worst they can say is 'no'.

...well, I guess they COULD say worse, but they're pretty nice folks.  ;D
"There's a difference between the soldier and his fight,
But the warrior knows the true meaning of his life."
+Larry and his Flask, 'Blood Drunk'+

"You know, basically war is just, like, a bunch of people playing pranks on each other, but at the end they all die."
+Crow T. Robot+

speck

• IWM Web Support
  • Captain
« Reply #2 on: 21 June 2018, 08:41:12 »
I know there are two different styles, the newer style that is in a few of the Lance packs out now and a older style that were all round that I am not sure what they were sold with before my time. Older ones I do not have any part numbers for would have to check on that. I saw them a few years ago when I was at IWM. I can look into it and see about having them added to the web store.

JadeHellbringer

• Easily Bribed Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
  • Third time this week!
« Reply #3 on: 21 June 2018, 09:53:00 »
Oh that would be awesome! Thanks Speck!

Would they be an option for fan funding in the future, for those interested? I'd love to do a Republic one.
"There's a difference between the soldier and his fight,
But the warrior knows the true meaning of his life."
+Larry and his Flask, 'Blood Drunk'+

"You know, basically war is just, like, a bunch of people playing pranks on each other, but at the end they all die."
+Crow T. Robot+

Shin_Fenris

• Master Sergeant
  • Honor never dies
    • 357th Infernal Division
« Reply #4 on: 21 June 2018, 14:26:51 »
Oh that would be awesome! Thanks Speck!

Would they be an option for fan funding in the future, for those interested? I'd love to do a Republic one.

If that's ever an option, I'd definitely be interested in contributing. They're pretty useful in Alpha Strike, and I've used a couple of the Word of Blake's in terrain building.
If this battlefield is Hell, then it is our home and wherever we go, Hell and chaos shall follow.

Lead 'Mech Wrangler: 357th Infernal Division, NE USA
Tai-sa Shiro "Fenris" Takeda, Mercenary: Kuroi Kaze (MAD-6KK Marauder II)
Galaxy Commander Zane Schmitt, Clan Blood Spirit: Iota Galaxy (Blood Kite 2)
Captain Brutus "Bloodsport" Carver, Mercenary: Song's Sentinels (SQS-TH-002 Sasquatch)
CI Backer #138 Merc Backer #32
Just here for KS info - y'all are too argumentative for real discussions.

Dak

• CamoSpecs
  • Master Sergeant
« Reply #5 on: 21 June 2018, 21:10:34 »
Pretty sure I could crank these out pretty quickly in my 3D sculpting program. (I have the 2D vector files to draw off of.) Get Iron Wind on board and let's go nuts!

Dak

Hayden.

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #6 on: 21 June 2018, 22:22:36 »
I know there are two different styles, the newer style that is in a few of the Lance packs out now and a older style that were all round that I am not sure what they were sold with before my time. Older ones I do not have any part numbers for would have to check on that. I saw them a few years ago when I was at IWM. I can look into it and see about having them added to the web store.

That would be truly sublime!

On a related note, I would happily kick in money for an old-style St. Ives Compact medallion.
Hayden

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #7 on: 22 June 2018, 00:27:19 »
Oh I'd love to complete a set too.

GRUD

• Captain
  • Quinn's Quads - 'Mechs on the March!
« Reply #8 on: 22 June 2018, 00:40:55 »
I already had a few, and was able to get the rest through Mr. Fox when he was in charge of the iWM Booth at Gen Con a few years back.  That was around 2014 or '15 though.   :-\
To me, Repros are 100% Wrong, and there's NO  room for me to give ground on this subject. I'm not just an Immovable Object on this, I'm THE Immovable Object. 3D Prints are just 3D Repros.

Something to bear in Mind. Defending the BT IP is Frowned upon here.

Remember: Humor is NOT Tolerated here. Have a Nice Day!

Hey! Can't a guy get any Privacy around here!

CDAT

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #9 on: 01 July 2018, 21:49:41 »
Any word on this?

speck

• IWM Web Support
  • Captain
« Reply #10 on: 02 July 2018, 07:44:59 »
Any word on this?

Nothing new on my end. If I have time when I am at IWM before gencon going to check for what was done.

CDAT

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #11 on: 02 July 2018, 13:01:57 »
Thank you.

speck

• IWM Web Support
  • Captain
« Reply #12 on: 31 July 2018, 14:44:37 »
We will have some of these available for sale at Gencon in the booth.

Colonial13

• Private
« Reply #13 on: 07 October 2018, 13:54:03 »
That would be truly sublime!

On a related note, I would happily kick in money for an old-style St. Ives Compact medallion.

As a fellow St. Ivian, I’d kick in for that as well.
That moment when you realize all your favorite mechs are Capellan designs... *shrug* Long live the Chancellor!

General308

• Captain
« Reply #14 on: 14 October 2018, 12:57:57 »

The old ones were actually sold by Reaper before FASA died.  I have a few of them around.  They also had a key chin.  I had one melt in my pocket at the dear camp sitting at the firepit one cold winter night.