Author Topic: Armored Motive System  (Read 1064 times)

Goose

• Lieutenant
  • … the Laws on his tail, burning for home …
    • Home of HeavyMetal Pro
Armored Motive System
« on: 12 November 2019, 23:05:23 »
Anybody have any seat-time with them? Life-saver, or lodestone?
Goose
The Ancient Egyptian God of Fractional AccountingAnimare Tai-sa Shikishima
I'm always ready to learn, although I do not always like being taught.

Sabelkatten

• Lieutenant Colonel
Re: Armored Motive System
« Reply #1 on: 13 November 2019, 05:37:49 »
I tried them once. Very nice to have, but IMHO way to heavy for the benefit.

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #2 on: 13 November 2019, 06:42:35 »
Their pretty darn durable without having to use the TacOps optional vehicle damage rules. 
I'm not fan of multi-million c-bill pillar boxes.  I want run for my money when i'm driving or fighting a tank.  The best example of one of these is Schildkröte Line Tank (Dark Age tank), its pretty durable but it doesn't offer alot choices of weapons. If your building tank with one these AMS, you need choose wisely what your slapping in to it.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

Retry

• Lieutenant
« Reply #3 on: 13 November 2019, 17:08:50 »
First time using it was a Schildkrote HPPC.

Got Whacked on the side arc a few turns in.  Some missile thingy (like a LRM or SRM, not sure but I remember because my AMS engaged and shot down nothing) grazes the hull, gets a motive crit, roll on the table, 12.  +2 for side arc, -2 for motive system, so still 12.  Bam, tracked Schildkrote.

Jeez!  I mean, I know that's a hundred-to-one hit (almost literally, by the probabilities), but still.

You can probably guess my opinion of it.

Register