Author Topic: Battletech Kickstarter thread part deux  (Read 55311 times)

Bren

• Warrant Officer
Re: Battletech Kickstarter thread part deux
« Reply #30 on: 08 February 2017, 19:22:08 »
Given they appear very much to be in the MWO style, I'd guess the MWO concept artist (sorry, his name escapes me atm) did it. And I'm inclined to think he knows his 'Mech configs.

Maybe he just hit the 'grimdark' button a little hard ;)

Jenn Ravenna
https://twitter.com/JennRavenna
https://www.instagram.com/jennravenna/

I think Cache probably has it.

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Lieutenant General
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
« Reply #31 on: 08 February 2017, 21:16:07 »
If so ... whoops!
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

Dmon

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #32 on: 09 February 2017, 08:11:06 »
Yeah... uh... do the 'Mechs have no weapons in the story? Those appear to have none. There are no missile ports or lasers on the Treb either (PGI version does not have missile pod covers). PGI's 'Mech (images) are designed to function as OmniMechs and these look like copies of the base chassis of an Omni, sans weaponry, just as they look in the MechLab with all weapons stripped. Perhaps there was a lack of communication with the artist.

Yes they feature weapons in the story, even descriptions of the loadout. Not sure what variants but if I have a re-read I expect them to match one of the MWO loadouts.

Cyc

• Captain
    • CycKath at DeviantArt
« Reply #33 on: 09 February 2017, 16:03:11 »
The descriptions seem to match (or at least not conflict with) the standard BJ-1 (two medium lasers in torso, laser and "small autocannon" in the arm - chapter six/page 50 in pdf) and TBT-5N (lasers and LRMs, maybe could open the door for a TBT-3c or TBT-5J I suppose).

elf25s

• Major
« Reply #34 on: 09 February 2017, 22:26:00 »
ok here is alittle gem it seems that we are not the only ones sitting on pins to get our hands on it
http://www.pcgamer.com/new-games-2017/8/
its on very top of the most anticipated titles in its genere...
nice...?
you sure cannot out run death...but sure as hell you can make that bastard work for it!

solmanian

• Captain
« Reply #35 on: 25 February 2017, 05:38:19 »
Neat
Making the dark age a little brighter, one explosion at a time.
Have you met the clans? Words like "Naïve" and "misguided" are not enough to describe the notion that a conquest of the IS by the clans would result in a Utopian pacifistic society.

Mech42ace

• Lieutenant
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #36 on: 25 February 2017, 12:35:16 »
That's good news!
At Comstar we listen. It's that simple.

pheonixstorm

• Major
« Reply #37 on: 03 March 2017, 14:26:10 »
Two more weeks till the beta. Can't ******* wait!!!

Mendrugo

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Manei Tetatae
« Reply #38 on: 03 March 2017, 14:56:52 »
Also of note - the BattleTech beer stein and Solaris VII coasters hit their targets and will be manufactured.  The campaign is still open until March 7.
"We have made of New Avalon a towering funeral pyre and wiped the Davion scourge from the universe.  Tikonov, Chesterton and Andurien are ours once more, and the cheers of the Capellan people nearly drown out the gnashing of our foes' teeth as they throw down their weapons in despair.  Now I am made First Lord of the Star League, and all shall bow down to me and pay homa...oooooo! Shiny thing!" - Maximillian Liao, "My Triumph", audio dictation, 3030.  Unpublished.

Cyc

• Captain
    • CycKath at DeviantArt
« Reply #39 on: 03 March 2017, 16:15:15 »
Hit their targets? Yeah, but only because Jordan Weisman chipped in the difference :/

Mech42ace

• Lieutenant
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #40 on: 03 March 2017, 22:48:00 »
Hit their targets? Yeah, but only because Jordan Weisman chipped in the difference :/
How do you know this?

Regardless, I'm glad to see them being made.
At Comstar we listen. It's that simple.

ColBosch

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Legends Never Die
« Reply #41 on: 04 March 2017, 00:26:33 »
How do you know this?

Because they emailed us to say so.
BattleTech is a huge house, it's not any one fan's or "type" of fans.  If you need to relieve yourself, use the bathroom not another BattleTech fan. - nckestrel
1st and 2nd Succession Wars are not happy times. - klarg1
Check my Ogre Flickr page! https://flic.kr/s/aHsmcLnb7v and https://flic.kr/s/aHsksV83ZP

Mendrugo

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Manei Tetatae
« Reply #42 on: 04 March 2017, 01:39:52 »
What day was that e-mail sent?  I don't see it in my inbox.  (I didn't buy in until Feb. 19)
« Last Edit: 04 March 2017, 01:42:04 by Mendrugo »
"We have made of New Avalon a towering funeral pyre and wiped the Davion scourge from the universe.  Tikonov, Chesterton and Andurien are ours once more, and the cheers of the Capellan people nearly drown out the gnashing of our foes' teeth as they throw down their weapons in despair.  Now I am made First Lord of the Star League, and all shall bow down to me and pay homa...oooooo! Shiny thing!" - Maximillian Liao, "My Triumph", audio dictation, 3030.  Unpublished.

ColBosch

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Legends Never Die
« Reply #43 on: 04 March 2017, 18:03:58 »
February 28th.
BattleTech is a huge house, it's not any one fan's or "type" of fans.  If you need to relieve yourself, use the bathroom not another BattleTech fan. - nckestrel
1st and 2nd Succession Wars are not happy times. - klarg1
Check my Ogre Flickr page! https://flic.kr/s/aHsmcLnb7v and https://flic.kr/s/aHsksV83ZP

Mendrugo

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Manei Tetatae
« Reply #44 on: 04 March 2017, 18:13:28 »
Interesting.  I got the order confirmation e-mail, but nothing since.  Nothing in spam on the 28th, either.  I wonder how they compiled the mailing list for the update...

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #46 on: 06 March 2017, 22:40:26 »
So the source code for HBS Battletech was unity and it was updated.  Infrastructure of HBS was needing update as well. Do they mean they need new software or computer/servers?
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

Jayof9s

• Captain
« Reply #47 on: 07 March 2017, 08:51:54 »
Infrastructure usually applies to hardware but also can be the stuff your application runs on (which can include OS/databases/servers/etc.)

Sounds like they had someone come in to update that stuff and the work ended up interfering with their ability to continue development while it was still in progress.

NeonKnight

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Cause Them My Initials!
« Reply #48 on: 07 March 2017, 14:15:13 »
Infrastructure usually applies to hardware but also can be the stuff your application runs on (which can include OS/databases/servers/etc.)

Sounds like they had someone come in to update that stuff and the work ended up interfering with their ability to continue development while it was still in progress.

There is a little nugget of info here:

http://community.battletechgame.com/forums/threads/5950/comments/112942

The email for those who backed the game outside of Kickstarter went out this morning. The same issues that affected development caused havoc with our email servers - we actually lost a bunch of data because of it - but we're up and running again. Sorry for the delay.
AGENT #575, Vancouver Canada

Bedwyr

• A Sticky Wicket
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • RIP. Again. And again. And again.
« Reply #49 on: 07 March 2017, 15:04:12 »
Par for the course.

I see nothing out of the ordinary and it's a good upfront heads up.
Alas poor Photobucket. I knew him Horatio, a fellow of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy.

daskindt

• Private
« Reply #50 on: 28 March 2017, 17:20:18 »
Latest Kickstarter update has some nice screenshots to hold you over while waiting for Backer Beta news.

Bren

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #51 on: 28 March 2017, 17:38:49 »
Preview of the PGI (HBS) Wasp on the cover?

Cyc

• Captain
    • CycKath at DeviantArt
« Reply #52 on: 28 March 2017, 19:25:54 »

It actually just looks like a Primative Wasp, but the right arm is a little off.

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #53 on: 28 March 2017, 19:30:47 »

It actually just looks like a Primitive Wasp, but the right arm is a little off.
That's what it looks like to me too. Way the right arm is, the way the head is structured, the whole body setup like it. 
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

Cache

• Captain
    • Lords of the Battlefield
« Reply #54 on: 28 March 2017, 22:02:40 »
Preview of the PGI (HBS) Wasp on the cover?
I can't see it very well on my phone, did the artist put weapons on it this time?

IAMCLANWOLF

• Freelance Artist
  • Major
« Reply #55 on: 29 March 2017, 10:23:29 »
I can't see it very well on my phone, did the artist put weapons on it this time?

Funny thing; the cover art appears to have weapons (it's just a silhouette). However, one of the supposed in-game hero pose shots of the Battlemaster lacks any weapons at all. In fact-- it's even missing the weapons pods this time.

Also, some of the screen shots show excellent foot placement on rocky and uneven terrain. I mean; really excellent here. While also, in these same pictures we're shown mechs feet with worse clipping issues than seen in MWO. Kind of odd...

Ghost0402

• Lieutenant
« Reply #56 on: 10 May 2017, 16:34:14 »
So month and a half and nothing.  This bodes well.
"Kiss my hairy ass Falcon,"  Star Colonel Onyx,  17th Wolf Regulars Cluster, Clan Wolf  Wars of Reaving.

DarkSpade

• Major
« Reply #57 on: 10 May 2017, 16:38:01 »
They've delivered with all their other kickstarters.  No reason to believe they won't this time.
Space Marines are guys who look at a chainsaw and think, “That should be balanced for parrying.”

YingJanshi

• Major
  • Switch Friend Code: SW-4326-4622-8514
« Reply #58 on: 10 May 2017, 22:00:41 »
Yeah, they have a proven track record when it comes to Kickstarter. If anything serious were to pop up, we'd be sure to hear about it.

In all probability they're working on getting everything for the Beta and are saving their next update for when it's ready.

Initiate of the Order of Valhalla

(HBS: Backer #4,960)
(Clan Invasion: Backer #314)
(Mercenaries: Backer #6,017)

elf25s

• Major
« Reply #59 on: 11 May 2017, 08:21:33 »
tbh i rather wait extra few weeks or months to get a quality product
with bt games these days its a must to make sure it is done with as little bugs as possible since there really had not been a stand alone bt game in about 20 years...
for me now its just a matter of wait that game itself comes out if delayed with better than most stuff being released quality wise.
you sure cannot out run death...but sure as hell you can make that bastard work for it!