Author Topic: Work In Progress: Clan Wolf (In Exile) Gamma Galaxy  (Read 1571 times)

Karack Blackstone

• Lieutenant
Work In Progress: Clan Wolf (In Exile) Gamma Galaxy
« on: 03 April 2018, 19:07:00 »
Hello all, first post here, just not online!

I do hope all of you are well, and, thanks to a great friend of mine, I am in the process of collecting 'Mechs for my fan-made unit, Clan Wolf (In Exile) Gamma Galaxy.
To that end, I have some questions, to better train myself at how the game works, overall. I plan to collect a near-full, four Cluster Galaxy; as the unit is set after Tukayyid, there reasonably cannot be a fifth Cluster, as my friend has informed me.

I am currently thinking of the following, at least, for one Star, and one Trinary, each.

Star:

Orion IIC
Daishi A
Daishi D
Daishi H
Daishi H

Trinary:

Daishi W
Daishi Widowmaker
Daishi Widowmaker
Daishi Prometheus
Daishi Prometheus

Mad Cat A
Mad Cat A
Mad Cat B
Mad Cat B
Mad Cat H

(Third Star I think will be a custom mech, in the end)

Do I focus the entire Trinary into a medium to short range skirmisher force? I am unsure of what variants to go with, in the end. If I go with the 'Cats as long range, I will use I think two Primes, two C's, and one E. As written above, a more brawler Trinary, is a focused role unit, as a part of a larger Cluster.

As far as the custom Omnimech goes, I am pretty well satisfied with the current design; I do not however know how to best discuss the details of the mech, although, I can type up some of what it has, to aid anyone looking to build the design in any battlemech designer program.

So, if I may get some advice please? The Mad Cat Star if short range will be as above, A, A, B, B, H. If long range, Prime, Prime, C, C, E.

The custom Omnimech is as follows below.

40 Ton Clan Omnimech
Endo Steel Frame
6 / 9 / 5 - Walk, Run, Jump
240 XL
1 Double Heat Sink, fixed, Left Arm
7.5 Tons of Ferro-Fibrous Armor (17 / 7 F/R CT, Full everywhere else; both Side Torsos are 15 / 5, F/R)
Same Endo and Ferro Critical Slot allotment as the Mad Cat (1 FF in each arm, 2 FF per Side Torso, 1 Endo per Side Torso, 2 Endo per Leg, 1 FF in the Head, 1 Endo in the Center Torso)
5 Jump Jets, 2 per Side Torso, 1 in the Center Torso

16 Tons Omnipod Space Available

Thoughts please?

Thanks.

Ice Hellion

• Master Sergeant
  • Part-time builder of fallen empires
Re: Work In Progress: Clan Wolf (In Exile) Gamma Galaxy
« Reply #1 on: 04 April 2018, 15:15:55 »
Clan Wolf and therefore the Wolves-in Exile also makes use of the mixed Trinary and Cluster formations and also of Command Stars (four Points of either OmniMechs or Elementals with an AeroSpace Point).

Is it a front-line or a second-line unit? This would impact the number of Clusters it might field.
In turn they tested each Clan namesake
In trial against the ice hellion's mettle.
Each chased the ice hellion, hunting it down.
All faild to match the predator's speed and grace.
Khan Cage smiled and said. "And that is how we shall be."

The Remembrance, Passage 5, Verse 3, Lines 1-5

Karack Blackstone

• Lieutenant
Re: Work In Progress: Clan Wolf (In Exile) Gamma Galaxy
« Reply #2 on: 04 April 2018, 18:44:50 »
Front line.

My friend is very sure about having at most four Clusters.

I have no interest anymore of asking for a fifth; I was rather into the thought for a while.