Author Topic: Battlearmor Anitimech Question  (Read 1082 times)

Spikerigger

• Recruit
Battlearmor Anitimech Question
« on: 03 March 2024, 12:03:54 »
Hello,

We have finishe a game with Elementals with Anti Mech attacks.
The must have Base to base contact for the attack, can they be attacked from another mech or unit when they attacking the Mech with the Antimech skill.
They are on the Mech itself and you would  have a high risk damaging the mech by attacking the Battlearmor.
Or is it an normal attack on the Battlearmor?

Greetings from Germany!

Nils

T-DOG

• Recruit
Re: Battlearmor Anitimech Question
« Reply #1 on: 13 May 2024, 12:11:38 »
From what I see, other mechs should be able to make a normal weapon attack on them.

The unit that's engaged in base-to-base contact with the infantry would be restricted to a melee attack though.

Charistoph

• Major
Re: Battlearmor Anitimech Question
« Reply #2 on: 13 May 2024, 12:51:24 »
The must have Base to base contact for the attack, can they be attacked from another mech or unit when they attacking the Mech with the Antimech skill.

There is nothing preventing them from being attacked by another unit when they conduct an Anti-Mech Attack.  While it is similar to Swarming in many ways from Classic, it's not exactly Swarming so they are fully exposed.

They are on the Mech itself and you would  have a high risk damaging the mech by attacking the Battlearmor.

You're thinking of Swarming from Classic.  Anti-Mech Attacks simulate a Swarming Attack, but nothing says they are mounted on the unit they Attack like a Swarm Attack does.  Think of it halfway between a Legging and Swarm Attack.
Are you a Wolf, a Sheep, or a Hound?
Quote from: Megavolt
They called me crazy…they called me insane…THEY CALLED ME LOONEY!! and boy, were they right.

Charistoph's Painted Products of Mechanical Mayhem