Author Topic: The Sword of the Righteous: Fiefdom/Brotherhood of Randis  (Read 31999 times)

AlphaMirage

• Major
Re: The Sword of the Righteous: Fiefdom/Brotherhood of Randis
« Reply #120 on: 17 May 2021, 15:03:30 »
The Grand Knight of Randis in the 3060s was a Smoke Jaguar and brought that to the Order just like the Fidelis.

Baldur Mekorig

• Lieutenant
  • Join the Brotherhood, our mechs are cuter!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #121 on: 17 May 2021, 17:23:03 »
This composition matches the Fidelis. Not surprised if the Brotherhood is a Fidelis/Jaguar front or at the very least close allies.

Dont think so. We know  the Fidelis´s origins. But between Kit mentioning the discarded line about the RotS helping the BoR, and someone fogetting that "ghost battalion" os ex-clanners, you can build a nice and cozy conspiracy.  ;D
Oh my brother, with your courage we can conquer,
In your sword I put my trust that you will honor
I will be the higher ground should you concede it
And my body be your shield if you should need it.

ArkRoyalRavager

• Major
  • Ravaging the enemies of House Davion
« Reply #122 on: 17 May 2021, 19:14:14 »
I'd always assumed that was where Stone brought the Fedelis first before entering the inner sphere, would also explain why Stone's republic used the same ranks for its knights.

Wonder if some of the surviving knights from the Republic will end up joining the Brotherhood?

They are entirely unrelated. Stone's knights were the Knights of The Inner Sphere donated by the FWL. The brotherhood has a much-more fledged out rank structure.

The Grand Knight of Randis in the 3060s was a Smoke Jaguar and brought that to the Order just like the Fidelis.

He didn't bring that to the Order. He focused the Brotherhood on Clan-style duels and standard battlefield tactics which is the opposite of the Fidelis' seamless special ops combined-arms cross-training.

ArkRoyalRavager

• Major
« Reply #123 on: 17 May 2021, 19:16:26 »
Dont think so. We know  the Fidelis´s origins. But between Kit mentioning the discarded line about the RotS helping the BoR, and someone fogetting that "ghost battalion" os ex-clanners, you can build a nice and cozy conspiracy.  ;D

Yeah. I thought that the open standard approach of the Brotherhood regiment would be perfect complemented by the shadowy black ops tactics of the ghosts/Fidelis.

Rainbow 6

• Captain
« Reply #124 on: 18 May 2021, 14:23:53 »
Yeah. I thought that the open standard approach of the Brotherhood regiment would be perfect complemented by the shadowy black ops tactics of the ghosts/Fidelis.

Well we know from the ending of HotW that not all the Fidelis joined the reformed Clan Smoke Jaguar, they could do worse than re-locate to Randis.

Baldur Mekorig

• Lieutenant
    • My Facebook
« Reply #125 on: 18 May 2021, 15:36:28 »
Well we know from the ending of HotW that not all the Fidelis joined the reformed Clan Smoke Jaguar, they could do worse than re-locate to Randis.

Maybe, maybe not. The whole "Philosopher Warrior-Monk" is not for everyone. I can understand a Josian Cloister former CCC warrior, heck, even an ex-CC warrior (with a thing against WoB), but the Fidelis guys have been their own thing for a long time.

ArkRoyalRavager

• Major
« Reply #126 on: 18 May 2021, 20:34:32 »
I thought maybe they could have some sort of covenant with the Brotherhood that sees them have a separate enclave on Randis while operating alongside the Brotherhood on missions.

Baldur Mekorig

• Lieutenant
    • My Facebook
« Reply #127 on: 02 November 2021, 11:39:28 »
Good to see another entry about another Brotherhood pilot, Knight-Errant Cray “Rabbit”in this case, a former CSJ Longbow pilot. Also his recruitment goes well along with what was happening during the Jihad.

ArkRoyalRavager

• Major
« Reply #128 on: 03 November 2021, 00:18:14 »
His Mech works well with HawkWolves.

Even with the dismantling of the Republic-Randis storyline, the reborn Jaguars can still have a chance to deepen relationships with Randis.

Baldur Mekorig

• Lieutenant
    • My Facebook
« Reply #129 on: 03 November 2021, 17:58:57 »
His Mech works well with HawkWolves.

Even with the dismantling of the Republic-Randis storyline, the reborn Jaguars can still have a chance to deepen relationships with Randis.

Personally i see no problems with the Brotherhood absorving more clanners. But i would prefer not to see them becom another "clan occupied" faction like the OWA or Rasalhague....

CJC070

• Lieutenant
« Reply #130 on: 03 November 2021, 21:14:36 »
Personally i see no problems with the Brotherhood absorving more clanners. But i would prefer not to see them becom another "clan occupied" faction like the OWA or Rasalhague....

From what I have read the Brotherhood is a small periphery faction with Clan influence but not Clan dominated.  I also agree that we have enough Clan Occupied factions.

ArkRoyalRavager

• Major
« Reply #131 on: 04 November 2021, 00:36:05 »

I agree. I should have phrased my statements better. Randis could develop not as a Clan-annexed outpost, but as an independent ally associated with the 3rd Star League that benefits from Jaguar friendship and brings law and order to the surrounding pirate-infested space.

Baldur Mekorig

• Lieutenant
    • My Facebook
« Reply #132 on: 04 November 2021, 08:04:16 »
From what I have read the Brotherhood is a small periphery faction with Clan influence but not Clan dominated.  I also agree that we have enough Clan Occupied factions.

Well, the "clan influence" was a very short-time affair, and i dont know how extensive. One Grand-Knight was a former clansman (ex-CCC, ex-CSJ), he got at least 2 more former clan pilots, and there was the rumor of maybe more (a Jihad-era abandoned storyline IIRC).

ArkRoyalRavager

• Major
« Reply #133 on: 05 November 2021, 00:30:56 »
Even the Jihad rumor storyline was abandoned? It was an interesting adventure hook to have Knights and their shadow brothers hiding in another part of Randis

Baldur Mekorig

• Lieutenant
    • My Facebook
« Reply #134 on: 05 November 2021, 12:18:58 »
Even the Jihad rumor storyline was abandoned? It was an interesting adventure hook to have Knights and their shadow brothers hiding in another part of Randis

Looks like. The rumor of a secret batallion of former clanners made me think on the Fidelis once they were revealed. But they had a diferent origin.

ArkRoyalRavager

• Major
« Reply #135 on: 06 November 2021, 06:10:42 »
Until Forever Faithful, it would be likely for the Fidelis to originate from Randis. Too bad. Can always do an AU about it though ;D