Author Topic: Problems with the MUL  (Read 1270 times)

Diablo48

• Major
Problems with the MUL
« on: 22 February 2014, 12:33:01 »
I was just helping mdauben put together an invasion-era Ghost Bear force and discovered that the MUL is not allowing you to show faction availability before the Jihad which is rather problematic.  I seem to recall this functionality working fine before, although it has been a while since I tried to look at anything before the Jihad so I am not 100% sure.  I dropped a direct link to the Bear's page below which shows correct eras in the bar at the top but does not show anything before the Jihad in the clickable links on the right.

http://www.masterunitlist.info/Faction/Details/11

View my design musings or request your own custom ride here.

cavingjan

• Spelunca Custos
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
    • warrenborn
Re: Problems with the MUL
« Reply #1 on: 22 February 2014, 13:11:37 »
We didn't have any eras prior to the Jihad for the MUL for units. The eras at the top are only showing when that faction was active in the IS. Note the homeworld clans do not have any eras showing.

Diablo48

• Major
« Reply #2 on: 22 February 2014, 13:48:32 »
That seems like a major oversight to me.  Oh well, I guess I cannot rely on the MUL then.  Kind of annoying, but oh well. :-[

View my design musings or request your own custom ride here.

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Lieutenant General
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
« Reply #3 on: 22 February 2014, 14:17:56 »
Or you could give the MUL team some time to continue wading through almost 30 years of often contradictory canon material in an attempt to make sense of it all. They've made the decision only to put up data they have confidence in for the whole era, not just some bits & pieces.

Given they do this in a purely voluntary way - no pay, no perks, except for recognition on these forums (both ways), I think you could cut them a little slack.

W.
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

Register