Author Topic: Question regarding Shilone art on Sarna & MUL  (Read 1044 times)

Death_from_above

• Lieutenant
Question regarding Shilone art on Sarna & MUL
« on: 15 January 2023, 10:05:25 »

Since the Clan Invasion KS gave us a new Shilone mini, is there a possibility of
having the Sarna & MUL pages for the Shilone updated with the new line art ?

Frabby

• Major
Re: Question regarding Shilone art on Sarna & MUL
« Reply #1 on: 15 January 2023, 12:16:10 »
Speaking for Sarna (only) here, yes this is possible from a technical standpoint.
However, regarding content presentation on Sarna, we still haven’t agreed on a policy or even unified approach to which image goes in the infobox. There is a vocal faction advocating for using the first image art that was used to introduce a given unit, because that image will never change. Using the latest or nicest or most popular or whatever other criterion means we'd endlessly chase down new images for literally thousands of articles, which I consider unworkable and thus, not desirable.
Sarna.net BattleTechWiki Admin
Author of the BattleCorps stories Feather vs. Mountain, Rise and Shine, Proprietary, Trial of Faith & scenario Twins

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #2 on: 15 January 2023, 15:16:32 »
Thanks. I had simply forgotten to update it. I’ll put it on my list.

Our art policy is pretty simple - use the new art unless a specific variant has art on a record sheet (ie the Marauder IIC 2 and 3). Some units without RS like those out of TRO Vehicle Annex or TRO 3057 required several hours of work with the eraser tool in MS Paint. Some were more mercifully extractable like the small vehicles from AToW Companion.

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

Death_from_above

• Lieutenant
« Reply #3 on: 15 January 2023, 15:30:08 »

@ Frabby ; Thank you for clarifying.

@ Sartris ; Cheers !