Author Topic: New and Upcoming Releases, Vol. X: All Systems Nominal...ish  (Read 219072 times)

Geont

• Master Sergeant
Re: New and Upcoming Releases, Vol. X: All Systems Nominal...ish
« Reply #1410 on: 08 February 2018, 15:41:32 »
I would expect that first box (beginners) is already done and it is shipped to CGL warehouse by this time. In several articles with CGL staff was said that shipping takes 4-6months.
Born in Czechoslovakia and living in Czechia (or Czech Republic).

Fan of FWL

CungrVanck

• Warrant Officer
  • Inner Sphere Historian
« Reply #1411 on: 08 February 2018, 15:46:23 »
Maybe he meant the print date.  :P

I know this is a joke, but man...sure feels like forever since anything new dropped.

Let me second the request for any new products coming out.  Perfectly happy to wait for the box set and IlClan.  Just need a little Spotlight On, Touring the Stars or Turning Point to tide me over.  Please?  ;D

RoundTop

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
  • In Takashi We Trust
« Reply #1412 on: 08 February 2018, 16:15:30 »
Edit: Self deleted.
No-Dachi has a counter-argument. Nothing further? Ok.
Demo team agent #772

I am Belch II

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • It's a gator with a nuke, whats the problem.
« Reply #1413 on: 08 February 2018, 20:30:14 »
It has been a while. Hopefully something will be coming soon.
Walking the fine line between sarcasm and being a smart-ass

Foxx Ital

• Captain
  • Still Clanilicious
« Reply #1414 on: 09 February 2018, 12:01:06 »
Personally im waiting for tro:Golden century
Clan Ghost Bear:  We may not like you, but you're not bothering us, so you may exist.
 If your BA tactics can't be described as shenanigans, you're probably doing it wrong. ^-^ -Weirdo
 <Kojak> Yeah, there's definitely a learning curve with BA, But once you learn how to use 'em well they're addictive,heck, just look at what happened to Foxx ;-)
<Steve_Restless> its YOU who I shouldn't underestimate. I could give you a broom handle and I'd find you sitting on top of the enemy stormcrow, smug surat grin on your face

MarauderD

• Major
« Reply #1415 on: 09 February 2018, 12:19:21 »
It has been so long, I would appreciate an update on ilClan.

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #1416 on: 09 February 2018, 12:22:54 »
I'd be happy see any major product (bookwise) come out.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

Tai Dai Cultist

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1417 on: 09 February 2018, 13:59:56 »
I'd imagine everything major is on hold until the lawsuit's outcome is finalized.  And depending on how that goes, it may well be another long time as things are reworked accordingly.

klarg1

• Captain
« Reply #1418 on: 09 February 2018, 14:11:22 »
I'd imagine everything major is on hold until the lawsuit's outcome is finalized.  And depending on how that goes, it may well be another long time as things are reworked accordingly.

I hope that's not the case. The lawsuit could drag on for a year quite easily, and it's length isn't really predictable. CGL is going to have to do something between now and then to keep the line going.

It seems like there should be plenty of PDF projects which could be made and released (resources permitting) without any reference to encumbered artwork. (As mentioned, "Spotlight On", "Turning Points", etc.)

Tai Dai Cultist

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1419 on: 09 February 2018, 14:23:11 »
Yeah hopefully little stuff can still come out in the interim.

But I'd be absolutely shocked if anything major (ilClan, Box sets, etc) come out before everything in the legal realm is firmly settled.

Cubby

• Space Wizard of Secrets
  • BattleTech Developer
  • Major
  • BattleTech Assistant Line Developer
« Reply #1420 on: 09 February 2018, 14:31:08 »
I'd imagine everything major is on hold until the lawsuit's outcome is finalized.

Nope!
Demo Team Agent #639, northeastern Maryland.

BattleTech Assistant Line Developer, writer and editor - Sarna.net Profile

Kit deSummersville

• Precentor of Lies
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • The epicness continues!
    • Insights and Complaints on Twitter
« Reply #1421 on: 09 February 2018, 14:38:14 »
Everything is on hold because Cubby spilled his soup on our keyboard.
Looking for an official answer? Check the Catalyst Interaction Forums.

Freelancer for hire, not an official CGL or IMR representative.

Everyone else's job is easy, so tell them how to do it, everyone loves that!

Millard Fillmore's favorite BattleTech writer.

Mendrugo

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Manei Tetatae
« Reply #1422 on: 09 February 2018, 14:56:00 »
And it was Jade Chicken'N'Stars, too...
"We have made of New Avalon a towering funeral pyre and wiped the Davion scourge from the universe.  Tikonov, Chesterton and Andurien are ours once more, and the cheers of the Capellan people nearly drown out the gnashing of our foes' teeth as they throw down their weapons in despair.  Now I am made First Lord of the Star League, and all shall bow down to me and pay homa...oooooo! Shiny thing!" - Maximillian Liao, "My Triumph", audio dictation, 3030.  Unpublished.

Cubby

• BattleTech Developer
  • Major
« Reply #1423 on: 09 February 2018, 14:58:05 »

NeonKnight

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Cause Them My Initials!
« Reply #1424 on: 09 February 2018, 15:03:17 »

There is got to be a better way!!!
AGENT #575, Vancouver Canada

I am Belch II

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • It's a gator with a nuke, whats the problem.
« Reply #1425 on: 09 February 2018, 15:54:35 »
All TROs I look forward to. It's my favorite series of books.
Walking the fine line between sarcasm and being a smart-ass

Tai Dai Cultist

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1426 on: 09 February 2018, 16:33:07 »
Nope!

I'll be happy to be proved wrong, but I'll believe it when I see it.  I ain't holding by breath ;)

Cubby

• BattleTech Developer
  • Major
« Reply #1427 on: 09 February 2018, 16:46:03 »
Not sure what to tell you, then. I completed some writing and editing for the box sets about a month ago, and some chip-in writing for another upcoming book this week. Things are progressing.

Cubby

• BattleTech Developer
  • Major
« Reply #1428 on: 09 February 2018, 16:47:14 »
There is got to be a better way!!!

I've spent >3 hours trying to figure out what the tray is made of that it seems to permanently bend so easily...

Tai Dai Cultist

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1429 on: 09 February 2018, 16:47:18 »
Not sure what to tell you, then. I completed some writing and editing for the box sets about a month ago, and some chip-in writing for another upcoming book this week. Things are progressing.

Oh I'm not saying TPTB are doing nothing.  I'm sure things are in the works.

I'm just expressing doubts about major new product actually hitting store shelves before a final ruling.  If I'm wrong, it's a win win.  You get to be right, and I get to have new BTech stuff.

Adrian Gideon

• BattleTech Developer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • BattleTech Line Developer
« Reply #1430 on: 09 February 2018, 16:53:13 »
It’s not about being right or wrong. It’s about being wrong and starting a damaging rumor. So there’s no wait and see to it. Products are in the pipeline.
If you appreciate how I’m doing, send me a tip: ko-fi.com/rayarrastia
fb.com/battletechgame
@CGL_BattleTech

Brigoon

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #1431 on: 09 February 2018, 16:59:17 »
It’s not about being right or wrong. It’s about being wrong and starting a damaging rumor. So there’s no wait and see to it. Products are in the pipeline.

What diameter is said pipeline?

I just got out of Btech rehab so I suspect something will hit soon. Because that's how this bad relationship has been working for years.
What does the fox say?

klarg1

• Captain
« Reply #1432 on: 09 February 2018, 17:04:21 »

Blast you Campbells! Curse you, and your creamy-tomato perfidy for all time!!!

Tai Dai Cultist

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1433 on: 09 February 2018, 17:04:44 »

I don't know what rumor you think I started... given here's an exact quote of what I said just a few posts upthread:

Yeah hopefully little stuff can still come out in the interim.

But I'd be absolutely shocked if anything major (ilClan, Box sets, etc) come out before everything in the legal realm is firmly settled.

My "WITNESS ME!" emoji in no way resembles a Beemer, so I don't see how anyone's going to conflate my uninformed opinion with inside knowledge of TPTB's financial strategies.  Uniformed as my opinion is by things going on behind the scenes, I can still see what's public: the lawsuit* and the no-way-it's-coincidental rolling out of the nuSeens in the most recent major products.  Honestly I'd have to assume it'd be irresponsible for TPTB to NOT wait and see how the lawsuit goes, at least until you have some excellent reason(s) to believe it's going to go in a way that supports the track you've already laid.  If that's where you're actually at, great*.  (and again for benefit of anyone who might think I have opinions based on inside knowledge: I don't).  Being overly defensive about it though may be understandable, but also strengthening the optics I verbalized (contextualized?  can you verbalize in text format?). 

* I ain't asking about the lawsuit, and I know there'd be no answer if I DID ask about the lawsuit.

NeonKnight

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Cause Them My Initials!
« Reply #1434 on: 09 February 2018, 17:14:09 »
I've spent >3 hours trying to figure out what the tray is made of that it seems to permanently bend so easily...

Something like this maybe?

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Pactiv-Y112045-CPC-Lid-or-Cover-for-Full-Size-Aluminum-Foil-Pan-Case-of-80/157811223

But I always love those types of commercials, the OVER-the-Top, over acting is just like...seriously...WHO sits like that, opens cabinets in others etc...always a good laff!
AGENT #575, Vancouver Canada

Lorcan Nagle

• 75 tons of heavy metal mayhem
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • We're back, baby!
« Reply #1435 on: 09 February 2018, 18:17:23 »

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Pactiv-Y112045-CPC-Lid-or-Cover-for-Full-Size-Aluminum-Foil-Pan-Case-of-80/157811223

But I always love those types of commercials, the OVER-the-Top, over acting is just like...seriously...WHO sits like that, opens cabinets in others etc...always a good laff!

An old UK sketch show, This Morning with Richard Not Judy did a great parody of them, titled Greg Evigan's when stuff falls over, spills or falls out of cupboards.
The moderator formerly known as the user formerly known as nenechan

Scotty

• Alpha Strike Guru by appointment to the FWLM
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Colonel
« Reply #1436 on: 09 February 2018, 19:24:01 »
I don't know what rumor you think I started... given here's an exact quote of what I said just a few posts upthread:

The rumor that it's very easy to lift from the post you linked is "there isn't going to be anything new released until after the legal battle is resolved".  If you're unsure how anyone could possibly interpret it that way, welcome to the General Discussion board, you must be new here.  Not everything that's in production involves things in the lawsuit.

In fact, I'd say that most things in production right now don't involve anything related to the lawsuit.  By design.
Catalyst Demo Agent #679

Kansas City players, or people who are just passing through the area, come join us at the Geekery just off Shawnee Mission Parkway for BattleTech!  Current days are Tuesdays in the afternoon and evening.  I can't make every single week, but odds are pretty good that somebody will be there.

Tai Dai Cultist

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1437 on: 09 February 2018, 19:30:03 »
The rumor that it's very easy to lift from the post you linked is "there isn't going to be anything new released until after the legal battle is resolved".  If you're unsure how anyone could possibly interpret it that way, welcome to the General Discussion board, you must be new here.  Not everything that's in production involves things in the lawsuit.

You and I must define easy differently because I clearly (explicitly) mentioned that I didn't think MAJOR product would hit the store shelves.  I even went to the bother to give examples of the sort of product I meant.  I even prefaced my negative nancy prediction with a bit of optimism about what I DO expect will still be coming out.

Am I taking crazy pills here? I didn't say nothing was in the pipeline (what I opined about was how quickly major product currently IN that pipeline would come out of it...).  I didn't say nothing at all was going to be coming out anytime soon. I said what I said.  Are other people seeing something other than what I said?

At any rate I'm one poster out of however many hundreds that regularly post or thousands that went through the bother to register.  The more you say how wrong I am, the more attention my "wrong" opinion gets.  How many people would have even noticed my post by now if it hadn't been brought up twice now?  It's not like I'm a chronic complainer about release schedules. (granted I chronically complain about other things, but not that thing :D )  If I'm wrong, I'll be happy.  Hell I hope they prove me wrong.

In fact, I'd say that most things in production right now don't involve anything related to the lawsuit.  By design.

I'd certainly hope so.  I'm just doubting that major things are getting traction in that production pipeline right now.  And again, so what if I am doubting it.  Is my voicing of a doubt going to actually affect it?
« Last Edit: 09 February 2018, 19:46:39 by Tai Dai Cultist »

Cubby

• BattleTech Developer
  • Major
« Reply #1438 on: 09 February 2018, 19:55:59 »

I think that's it!

Enjoy, good sir.

Foxx Ital

• Captain
  • Still Clanilicious
« Reply #1439 on: 10 February 2018, 11:56:03 »
Im looking forward to clan related products.

Clan Ghost Bear:  We may not like you, but you're not bothering us, so you may exist.
 If your BA tactics can't be described as shenanigans, you're probably doing it wrong. ^-^ -Weirdo
 <Kojak> Yeah, there's definitely a learning curve with BA, But once you learn how to use 'em well they're addictive,heck, just look at what happened to Foxx ;-)
<Steve_Restless> its YOU who I shouldn't underestimate. I could give you a broom handle and I'd find you sitting on top of the enemy stormcrow, smug surat grin on your face