Author Topic: Helping Identified a Story Seed  (Read 2037 times)

Draven0019

• Recruit
Helping Identified a Story Seed
« on: 03 May 2020, 05:35:19 »
Hello all, First time I've come a crawling though the forums, hope I have come to the right area.

I have started designing a story to play with a couple of friends and remembering reading a small mission or scenario some were and I was going to use it as early Mission.
From what I can remember, It went something like this:
The group are asked to defend a homestead (possible noble) from a group of Bandits? raiders? "bad guys", there is a field gun mentioned in the front yard that they could use, a powerman mech could be found in a barn and refitted with the gun if they spent the time working on it, it was possible to find a couple one shot SRM launchers in the homestead they could use to ambush the attacking force and buy more time to prepare for the attack as well.
the last thing i can remember about the mission was the players could find some old paint and some building materials and if they have time and the skills can make the powerman look like a hunchback and paint it to match a well known mercenary unit.

Hope some one can point me towards were ever i read this, I skimmed though all the source books I could remember reading and had no luck.

Thanks again.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
Re: Helping Identified a Story Seed
« Reply #1 on: 03 May 2020, 06:28:28 »
It doesn't sound familiar, but I'd replace the SRMs with Rocket Launchers.

loki_gti

• Recruit
« Reply #2 on: 03 May 2020, 07:28:25 »
It sounded familiar to me, so I started looking.

The scenario is found in the ATOW Quick Start Booklet for Free RPG Day 2012, page 25:

https://bg.battletech.com/download/AToW_2012%20Free%20RPG%20Day%20Booklet.pdf
For space is wide and good friends are to few...

Draven0019

• Recruit
« Reply #3 on: 03 May 2020, 23:41:41 »
Thanks a bunch, one of the few ones I overlooked :D

Register