Author Topic: What is Kyalla Centrella's actual appearance?  (Read 1497 times)

Mendrugo

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Manei Tetatae
What is Kyalla Centrella's actual appearance?
« on: 08 March 2015, 07:32:43 »
Going through old sourcebooks, I hit upon a situation where the writers and the artists seem to have been working off different scripts, and would like to request clarification on the current canon.

The Periphery sourcebook (1E) p. 101 describes Kyalla Centrella as being "two meters tall with a black complexion, gray eyes, and dark, wavy hair."  This seems a fair match for the image at the bottom of the column.  (Attachment 1)

However, the opening of the Canopus section in the book shows a different picture (attachment 2) that doesn't match the text description at all.  Likewise, the 20 Year Update shows a picture of Kyalla being deposed that is neither dark haired nor dark skinned.

If attachment 1 is the official picture, then who are the women in the other pictures?
"We have made of New Avalon a towering funeral pyre and wiped the Davion scourge from the universe.  Tikonov, Chesterton and Andurien are ours once more, and the cheers of the Capellan people nearly drown out the gnashing of our foes' teeth as they throw down their weapons in despair.  Now I am made First Lord of the Star League, and all shall bow down to me and pay homa...oooooo! Shiny thing!" - Maximillian Liao, "My Triumph", audio dictation, 3030.  Unpublished.

Adrian Gideon

• BattleTech Developer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • BattleTech Line Developer
Re: What is Kyalla Centrella's actual appearance?
« Reply #1 on: 08 March 2015, 10:53:08 »
You forgot Brush Wars, which is the correct one (and closest to Periphery 1stEd.)
The opening image in the 1stEd. Periphery is not necessarily meant to be the Centrella. It's just a Canopian scene.
A lot of the art from 20 Year Update was questionable. This is one example.
If you appreciate how I’m doing, send me a tip: ko-fi.com/rayarrastia
fb.com/battletechgame
@CGL_BattleTech

Mendrugo

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Manei Tetatae
Re: What is Kyalla Centrella's actual appearance?
« Reply #2 on: 08 March 2015, 12:34:37 »
Thanks.  Much appreciated.
"We have made of New Avalon a towering funeral pyre and wiped the Davion scourge from the universe.  Tikonov, Chesterton and Andurien are ours once more, and the cheers of the Capellan people nearly drown out the gnashing of our foes' teeth as they throw down their weapons in despair.  Now I am made First Lord of the Star League, and all shall bow down to me and pay homa...oooooo! Shiny thing!" - Maximillian Liao, "My Triumph", audio dictation, 3030.  Unpublished.

Register