Author Topic: Fanmade Character Sheets?  (Read 3758 times)

MadLetter

• Private
Fanmade Character Sheets?
« on: 18 March 2011, 06:37:39 »
Hi folks!

Just wanted to ask if there are any redesigned Character Sheets out there for AToW? The normal ones do look a bit too small, esp. skill/trait-wise. Any good other ones out there? Saw at least one that was basically a hack of the original, including some reference data. What I am mostly looking for are complete redesigns for more space :)

Thanks in advance,
Mad
Arc-Royal Defense Cordon-Bleu. Yummy.

Saurok

• Sergeant
Re: Fanmade Character Sheets?
« Reply #1 on: 18 March 2011, 08:13:52 »
Hi folks!

Just wanted to ask if there are any redesigned Character Sheets out there for AToW? The normal ones do look a bit too small, esp. skill/trait-wise. Any good other ones out there? Saw at least one that was basically a hack of the original, including some reference data. What I am mostly looking for are complete redesigns for more space :)

Thanks in advance,
Mad

I use dieffenbachj's sheet in my campaign and it is great. It has large portion reserved for combat modifiers
which might be better for extra skills and traits, but it is far better compared to original

BirdofPrey

• Major
« Reply #2 on: 18 March 2011, 09:07:42 »
That sheet's not bad, the notes and tables, make filling it out much faster, but it falls victim to the fact a lot of those skills end up appearing multiple times

Saurok

• Sergeant
« Reply #3 on: 18 March 2011, 09:42:28 »
That sheet's not bad, the notes and tables, make filling it out much faster, but it falls victim to the fact a lot of those skills end up appearing multiple times

Indeed. It would be much better if inventory and other stuff from left side of second sheet where on first page where combat modifiers are. That would
increase space for skills greatly. But what I've been looking, it is best fanmade sheet out there.

Feign

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #4 on: 07 April 2011, 21:59:22 »
One thing I'd like to see is a fan-made character sheet that incorporates the hit locations and perhaps has a few small HL tables and Effects...  Or perhaps a separate sheet that JUST has the armor and HitLoc diagram and the most-used tables.
All that is born dies,
All that is planned fails,
All that is built crumbles,
But memories continue on,
And that is beautiful.

dieffenbachj

• Private
« Reply #5 on: 07 April 2011, 22:09:46 »
I did, at least, add a LOT more room to the traits and abilities / skills sections :P Haven't heard anyone say anything on whether I've added enough, though...

And I suppose if I wanted to narrow down the combat modifiers section (I personally love it and wouldn't be able to stand not having it), I would have to ask which modifiers people don't need or would never use.

Does Target Size come up very often? Should I eliminate Aimed Shots since I don't also have Hit Location rules?

And I wouldn't be opposed to adding hit location rules to it, I've just never figured out where I'd put it. I really like the combat modifiers because I'm simply rather noobish and forgetful, and my players (when I have them) aren't any better :P

But yeah. I received a lot of input on requiring more skill and trait room, so I added them. More input == better sheet :P So, which combat modifiers are best to keep and best to throw out... should I add hit tables... and is there enough skill room yet?!?

Feign

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #6 on: 08 April 2011, 12:44:41 »
I did, at least, add a LOT more room to the traits and abilities / skills sections :P Haven't heard anyone say anything on whether I've added enough, though...

And I suppose if I wanted to narrow down the combat modifiers section (I personally love it and wouldn't be able to stand not having it), I would have to ask which modifiers people don't need or would never use.
I really like the remastered sheet you came up with, LOTS of room on it for anything you'd ever want on a character.

Does Target Size come up very often? Should I eliminate Aimed Shots since I don't also have Hit Location rules?

And I wouldn't be opposed to adding hit location rules to it, I've just never figured out where I'd put it. I really like the combat modifiers because I'm simply rather noobish and forgetful, and my players (when I have them) aren't any better :P

But yeah. I received a lot of input on requiring more skill and trait room, so I added them. More input == better sheet :P So, which combat modifiers are best to keep and best to throw out... should I add hit tables... and is there enough skill room yet?!?
For the people who DO use HitLoc rules, I'd say an entirely different layout would be in order.

Shrink down the logos and Personal Data somewhat and have the first page include:  Attributes, Traits/Abilities, a smaller Inventory, and Life Module blocks along the left with the Skills along the right.

On the second page, include:  Combat Data, and Hit Locations as two blocks at the top with Combat Modifiers and Notes as full page width blocks below them.

The MW3rd record sheet had a decent diagram for hit locations, though with all that space, you ought to be able to put actual blanks by the locations for armor coverage.

That's just all my own opinion, of course.  Aside from my group, I don't know of that many people who consistantly used the HitLoc rules to begin with.  With the removal of damage randomization, it seems much easier to fit it into the pacing of personal combat now than it was before.
All that is born dies,
All that is planned fails,
All that is built crumbles,
But memories continue on,
And that is beautiful.