Author Topic: Radical Heat Sinks question.  (Read 1980 times)

bblaney

• Lieutenant
Radical Heat Sinks question.
« on: 08 March 2019, 12:03:18 »
If I have Radical Heat Sink system installed and trigger it on a mech with 10 heat sinks, it sinks 10 additional heat, yes?
Quote from: Nanaki
Realism is not going to cut it, Battletech is not a realistic universe by any stretch of the imagination, so please stop using it in an argument.

Quote from: HABeas2
That's debatable, but let's face it; some folks gave them a pass because they were big and claimed to be Scottish.

Luciora

• Major

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
Re: Radical Heat Sinks question.
« Reply #2 on: 08 March 2019, 13:47:59 »
Rules are in ER3145 . . . but I am not sure it has a TM entry though I maybe looking in the wrong version.  I am not sure if its like MASC or Supercharger for equipment purposes- built into the chassis or pod-able equipment so Omnis can mount it.

Best to think of it (and it really is) like MASC for your heat sinks.  I have yet to have it fail on me, but to be fair I have only gotten to use the Lament once on the table top.  No idea if its in MM yet, but its something I hope is working.
« Last Edit: 08 March 2019, 13:53:40 by Colt Ward »
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

bblaney

• Lieutenant
« Reply #3 on: 08 March 2019, 15:52:42 »
Basically reusable coolant pods it seems
Quote from: Nanaki
Realism is not going to cut it, Battletech is not a realistic universe by any stretch of the imagination, so please stop using it in an argument.

Quote from: HABeas2
That's debatable, but let's face it; some folks gave them a pass because they were big and claimed to be Scottish.

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #4 on: 08 March 2019, 15:55:42 »
That it is, the entry in Sarna.net is pretty dead on.  The rules and how it works is also in Interstellar Operations equipment section.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #5 on: 08 March 2019, 16:03:24 »
So . . . it can be used on Omni . . . makes things interesting there I guess.  Need to use the Lament more!

Actually, looking at the Doloire Omni . . yeah, its pod-able since its not on the base chassis but the A config carries it.
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Deadborder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Technical Victory!
    • Elmer Studios Blog
« Reply #6 on: 08 March 2019, 17:04:50 »
The 3145 NTNU also has a RHS-equipped Nobori-Nin
Author of BattleCorps stories Grand Theft Agro and Zero Signal

How to Draw MegaMek Icons the Deadborder Way. Over 9000 so far. Determination or madness?

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • It's just my goth phase
« Reply #7 on: 08 March 2019, 22:58:28 »
The 3145 NTNU also has a RHS-equipped Nobori-Nin

Which is a fun variant, though honestly I don't think it runs quite hot enough to justify mounting the system.

Edit: there's also a Diemos variant that mounts one in the same collection.
« Last Edit: 08 March 2019, 23:08:43 by MoneyLovinOgre4Hire »
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

glitterboy2098

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • The Temple Grounds - My Roleplaying and History website
« Reply #8 on: 09 March 2019, 22:49:41 »
If I have Radical Heat Sink system installed and trigger it on a mech with 10 heat sinks, it sinks 10 additional heat, yes?

yes. it lets each heat sink on the mech eliminate one extra heat. basically remove additional heat equal to the number of intact heatsinks. as a system it actually works better the more heat sinks you have on the mech.

AdmiralObvious

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #9 on: 10 March 2019, 04:34:26 »
I wonder how it works for compact sinks...

I don't see any reference to this working with it offhand...

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #10 on: 10 March 2019, 10:05:31 »
From what i understand, Compact Heat Sinks act like normal ones. Their just made out of fluff different material, thus less bulky. That's it.
« Last Edit: 10 March 2019, 16:08:42 by Wrangler »
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • It's just my goth phase
« Reply #11 on: 10 March 2019, 10:46:07 »
Yeah, an RHS should function normally with Compact heatsinks- when activated it adds one point of heat dissipation per heatsink that round.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman