Author Topic: The Rasalhague Dominion: Friend of a Friend (but not your Friend)  (Read 198774 times)

Kerfuffin(925)

• Major
Re: The Rasalhague Dominion: Friend of a Friend (but not your Friend)
« Reply #1200 on: 28 June 2020, 21:12:47 »
It's gonna have inner sphere plasma yo keep with the mix tech.

IS Plasma is one of my favorite weapons for how versatile and cool it is, but man is it hard to justify 7t for the gun and ammo alone that has the same range as a clan medium laser.
On something that slow it can’t afford to have short ranged stuff like that, unless it’s a total rebuild I can’t see that happening.
NCKestrel’s new favorite.

Foxx Ital

• Captain
  • Still Clanilicious
« Reply #1201 on: 29 June 2020, 11:03:24 »

IS Plasma is one of my favorite weapons for how versatile and cool it is, but man is it hard to justify 7t for the gun and ammo alone that has the same range as a clan medium laser.
On something that slow it can’t afford to have short ranged stuff like that, unless it’s a total rebuild I can’t see that happening.
I was mostly ribbing restless as I knew what he would  least like ^_^.
Clan Ghost Bear:  We may not like you, but you're not bothering us, so you may exist.
 If your BA tactics can't be described as shenanigans, you're probably doing it wrong. ^-^ -Weirdo
 <Kojak> Yeah, there's definitely a learning curve with BA, But once you learn how to use 'em well they're addictive,heck, just look at what happened to Foxx ;-)
<Steve_Restless> its YOU who I shouldn't underestimate. I could give you a broom handle and I'd find you sitting on top of the enemy stormcrow, smug surat grin on your face

SteveRestless

• Major
« Reply #1202 on: 29 June 2020, 20:36:08 »
ah but I like the Clan Plasma Cannons even less
Шонхорын хурдаар хурцлан давшъя, Чонын зоригоор асан дүрэлзэье, Тэнхээт морьдын туурайгаар нүргэе, Тамгат Чингисийн ухаанаар даръя | Let’s go faster than a falcon, Let’s burn with the wolf’s courage, Let’s roar with the hooves of strong horses, Let’s go with the wisdom of Tamgat Genghis - The Hu, Wolf Totem

marauder648

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • Project Zhukov Fan AU TRO's and PDFs
« Reply #1203 on: 03 July 2020, 06:18:30 »
Just had a bit of a 'bloody hell!' moment.

I think we can agree that this.

In the politest possible way is bad art for the cannoical look at the Ghost Bear.  And i've asked an artist friend of mine to look at doing it better. Whilst looking for references etc I got wondering about a 'banana for scale'. The obvious one is the Polar Bear which is a BIG animal.

Its about 5' tall at the shoulder, fully grown. A Ghost Bear is around the 7'5 mark at the shoulder. And if both animals were stood up on their hind legs, the Polar Bear would be 10' tall. A Ghost Bear is around 16' tall. Thats a whole ME taller!

Thats a banana for scale for a human vs polar bear. or if you had a 10 foot tall human and a 16 foot human.

https://www.mrinitialman.com/OddsEnds/Sizes/sizes.html?base_ft=10&base_in=0&comp_ft=16&comp_in=0

A fully grown Ghost Bear, springing from Ambush and rearing up to strike would probably stagger a 20 ton Mech! And the Ghost Bear's go out hunting these things with spears! O_o

Ghost Bears: Cute and cuddly. Until you remember its a BLOODY BEAR!

Project Zhukov Fan AU TRO's and PDFs - https://thezhukovau.wordpress.com/

Foxx Ital

• Captain
  • Still Clanilicious
« Reply #1204 on: 03 July 2020, 06:54:48 »

In the politest possible way is bad art for the cannoical look at the Ghost Bear.  And i've asked an artist friend of mine to look at doing it better. Whilst looking for references etc I got wondering about a 'banana for scale'. The obvious one is the Polar Bear which is a BIG animal.

Its about 5' tall at the shoulder, fully grown. A Ghost Bear is around the 7'5 mark at the shoulder. And if both animals were stood up on their hind legs, the Polar Bear would be 10' tall. A Ghost Bear is around 16' tall. Thats a whole ME taller!

Thats a banana for scale for a human vs polar bear. or if you had a 10 foot tall human and a 16 foot human.

https://www.mrinitialman.com/OddsEnds/Sizes/sizes.html?base_ft=10&base_in=0&comp_ft=16&comp_in=0

A fully grown Ghost Bear, springing from Ambush and rearing up to strike would probably stagger a 20 ton Mech! And the Ghost Bear's go out hunting these things with spears! O_o

At least there's no shame if you come back empty handed? There's a reason no poachers have come back after hunting them. The question is do they have 4 legs or 6?
Clan Ghost Bear:  We may not like you, but you're not bothering us, so you may exist.
 If your BA tactics can't be described as shenanigans, you're probably doing it wrong. ^-^ -Weirdo
 <Kojak> Yeah, there's definitely a learning curve with BA, But once you learn how to use 'em well they're addictive,heck, just look at what happened to Foxx ;-)
<Steve_Restless> its YOU who I shouldn't underestimate. I could give you a broom handle and I'd find you sitting on top of the enemy stormcrow, smug surat grin on your face

marauder648

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • Project Zhukov Fan AU TRO's and PDFs
« Reply #1205 on: 03 July 2020, 07:21:28 »
Four legs. Six would look...odd!
Ghost Bears: Cute and cuddly. Until you remember its a BLOODY BEAR!

Project Zhukov Fan AU TRO's and PDFs - https://thezhukovau.wordpress.com/

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
« Reply #1206 on: 03 July 2020, 14:24:21 »
Except their emblem has 6... and I believe they have that as well.

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

Jellico

• Spatium Magister
  • Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • BattleMechs are the lords of the battlefield
« Reply #1207 on: 03 July 2020, 14:26:04 »

. The question is do they have 4 legs or 6?

Depends on how many hunters they dismember.

SteveRestless

• Major
« Reply #1208 on: 03 July 2020, 17:55:45 »
Six Legs means 50% more bear hugs!
Шонхорын хурдаар хурцлан давшъя, Чонын зоригоор асан дүрэлзэье, Тэнхээт морьдын туурайгаар нүргэе, Тамгат Чингисийн ухаанаар даръя | Let’s go faster than a falcon, Let’s burn with the wolf’s courage, Let’s roar with the hooves of strong horses, Let’s go with the wisdom of Tamgat Genghis - The Hu, Wolf Totem

Zeruel

• Lieutenant
  • the Angel of Might
    • Z's DeviantArt gallery
« Reply #1209 on: 03 July 2020, 21:15:42 »
Depends on how many hunters they dismember.
This :D

More seriously though, it has 4
From what I recall, the idea it might have 6 comes from a passage in one of the novels describing a Bear Khan wearing the pelt of a ghost bear saying something like "the middle legs tied around his waist like a belt" ...thus implying the bear had a middle set of legs...that and the logo having 6 legs, but nothing has ever been shown in cannon stating 6 legs really, with the few canon depictions showing 4 legs I believe
The novel passage isn't very clear what is meant, and the logo is most likely just a stylized starburst thing (or I think someone once said they thought of it as the claws whirling about in an attack)
"I'll give the Bears this... they do not care about "being clan" one bit, and they own it." - cold1

"Question: Under zellbrigen, how does one engage Shadow Divisions?
Answer: With orbital bombardment."

73rd Battle Cluster - The Lash

(SMD)MadCow

• Lieutenant
  • 1st Earl of the Bixby Duchy
« Reply #1210 on: 03 July 2020, 22:17:35 »
Minsk looks nice, somehow I'm expecting one of those gauss rifles to turn into a large pulse laser.

DOC_Agren

• Major
« Reply #1211 on: 04 July 2020, 15:34:10 »
I have always enjoyed playing the native wildlife against mech forces, every since I got to be the native ants on a rim world that to groups of pirates were fighting on.

and on the Ghost Bear going out and hunting 1 with spears..  Is the Brave or Foolish?
"For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast, And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed:And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill, And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!"

David CGB

• Lieutenant
« Reply #1212 on: 04 July 2020, 15:39:27 »
I have always enjoyed playing the native wildlife against mech forces, every since I got to be the native ants on a rim world that to groups of pirates were fighting on.

and on the Ghost Bear going out and hunting 1 with spears..  Is the Brave or Foolish?
I would say both in equal amounts
Federated Suns fan forever, Ghost Bear Fan since 1992, and as a Ghost Bear David Bekker star captain (in an Alt TL Loremaster)

Foxx Ital

• Captain
  • Still Clanilicious
« Reply #1213 on: 04 July 2020, 16:28:58 »
I would say both in equal amounts
Could be worse, you could have to try and brand a man eating horse.

Zeruel

• Lieutenant
  • the Angel of Might
    • Z's DeviantArt gallery
« Reply #1214 on: 05 July 2020, 01:41:47 »

In the politest possible way is bad art for the cannoical look at the Ghost Bear.

I find it strange that Sarna has that little image of the Ghost Bear for the wiki page, and not the one from FM:Warden Clans
"I'll give the Bears this... they do not care about "being clan" one bit, and they own it." - cold1

Zeruel

• Lieutenant
  • the Angel of Might
    • Z's DeviantArt gallery
« Reply #1215 on: 11 July 2020, 03:32:17 »
do you guys think the Bears will get anything in the ilClan TRO/Recognition Guides?
and if so, what do you all want to see us get the most?

personally, I'm pretty pessimistic here, but I feel like the Bears are going to be sitting this one out...hibernation season hasn't come to an end yet...we probably won't be doing anything until after the ilClan is named and we get into the new storyline, so I'm guessing no new toys for us

BUT, if we do get something, I'd like to see a new Omni Medium to replace the Viper seeing as we don't make them anymore

Kerfuffin(925)

• Major
« Reply #1216 on: 11 July 2020, 03:55:49 »
do you guys think the Bears will get anything in the ilClan TRO/Recognition Guides?
and if so, what do you all want to see us get the most?

personally, I'm pretty pessimistic here, but I feel like the Bears are going to be sitting this one out...hibernation season hasn't come to an end yet...we probably won't be doing anything until after the ilClan is named and we get into the new storyline, so I'm guessing no new toys for us

BUT, if we do get something, I'd like to see a new Omni Medium to replace the Viper seeing as we don't make them anymore

I’m sure we’ll get some garbage refit, that we also somehow share with WiE. And an executioner variant.
A good viper replacement would be nice, but I really want a new Executioner, a modern one without fixed JJ and a better distribution of armor. Or anything in the 95t range, clans only have half a dozen or so mechs in that weight.

Foxx Ital

• Captain
  • Still Clanilicious
« Reply #1217 on: 11 July 2020, 04:14:15 »
I’m sure we’ll get some garbage refit, that we also somehow share with WiE. And an executioner variant.
A good viper replacement would be nice, but I really want a new Executioner, a modern one without fixed JJ and a better distribution of armor. Or anything in the 95t range, clans only have half a dozen or so mechs in that weight.

Careful what you say about executioners around big Z. ;)
 Id be down for a viper mkII.

Tyler Jorgensson

• Captain
« Reply #1218 on: 11 July 2020, 15:05:44 »
Fire Moth Mark III? A new Kingfisher variant or two? Definitely a Viper II.

Jellico

• Spatium Magister
  • Freelance Writer
  • Major
« Reply #1219 on: 11 July 2020, 15:22:19 »
Yes.

Omnis seem to be getting more variants so there is that. The question is which Omnis.

Foxx Ital

• Captain
  • Still Clanilicious
« Reply #1220 on: 11 July 2020, 16:03:34 »
I know no one wants to hear this but.... I'd like to see us get a new light or medium omni asf.

David CGB

• Lieutenant
« Reply #1221 on: 11 July 2020, 16:42:50 »
I know no one wants to hear this but.... I'd like to see us get a new light or medium omni asf.
I would love that news
Federated Suns fan forever, Ghost Bear Fan since 1992, and as a Ghost Bear David Bekker star captain (in an Alt TL Loremaster)

Jellico

• Spatium Magister
  • Freelance Writer
  • Major
« Reply #1222 on: 11 July 2020, 17:22:56 »
What are you hoping for that a Sulla doesn't do? The Wusun shows the problems with up armouring.

Foxx Ital

• Captain
  • Still Clanilicious
« Reply #1223 on: 11 July 2020, 17:33:02 »
What are you hoping for that a Sulla doesn't do? The Wusun shows the problems with up armouring.

I want something that looks cool and wastes C-bills. Also maybe a lam for the lol's.

Zeruel

• Lieutenant
  • the Angel of Might
    • Z's DeviantArt gallery
« Reply #1224 on: 11 July 2020, 18:05:10 »
Fire Moth Mark III? A new Kingfisher variant or two? Definitely a Viper II.

Fire moth III, I hope not...lore-wise it's supposed to be our BA taxi, and we still build the original...I don't see us needing a new light Omni for that role

A new Kingfisher config is interesting, but we don't build it anymore, so I think I'd rather just see a new Assault Omni replacement for it

Zeruel

• Lieutenant
  • the Angel of Might
    • Z's DeviantArt gallery
« Reply #1225 on: 11 July 2020, 18:08:06 »

I always felt JJs should not be pod mountable, or more recently I've been thinking that maybe pod mounted jets should at least be more bulky, like 1 extra ton or 2 crits

Zeruel

• Lieutenant
  • the Angel of Might
    • Z's DeviantArt gallery
« Reply #1226 on: 11 July 2020, 18:12:50 »

I want something that looks cool and wastes C-bills. Also maybe a lam for the lol's.

Hmmm, some kind of BA taxi LAM

Tyler Jorgensson

• Captain
« Reply #1227 on: 11 July 2020, 21:36:12 »
Fire moth III, I hope not...lore-wise it's supposed to be our BA taxi, and we still build the original...I don't see us needing a new light Omni for that role

A new Kingfisher config is interesting, but we don't build it anymore, so I think I'd rather just see a new Assault Omni replacement for it

I mean a Fire Moth III would be a ‘replacement’ for the Fire Moth II because ya know it was terrible (at least IMO).

I forgot we no longer produced it: so yes a replacement for it. Take some Gargoyle or Executioner configs and mod them to a Kingfisher chassis. 

Zeruel

• Lieutenant
  • the Angel of Might
    • Z's DeviantArt gallery
« Reply #1228 on: 11 July 2020, 23:14:44 »
I mean a Fire Moth III would be a ‘replacement’ for the Fire Moth II because ya know it was terrible (at least IMO).

I wouldn't call the Fire Moth II a replacement for the original though, kind of it's own thing

Kerfuffin(925)

• Major
« Reply #1229 on: 12 July 2020, 00:46:35 »
They certainly need a Executioner/Kingfisher replacement. They only produce ancient Executioners as omnis in the DA. Although almost every assault in the MUL for them are 4/6, aside from a few.
A medium scout or new BA ferry would be ideal.