Author Topic: Should we have spinal mount weapons besides Rail Guns?  (Read 16508 times)

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
Re: Should we have spinal mount weapons besides Rail Guns?
« Reply #30 on: 26 August 2019, 11:03:45 »
I really want this.

RNAC40 xp

Problem is the acceleration tended to turn the dropship crews into strawberry jam.
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

HobbesHurlbut

• Captain
  • Live Free or Die Hard
« Reply #31 on: 31 August 2019, 07:09:56 »
One alternate idea was a circular particle accelerator style NPPC, that would be a waist gun rather than spinal gun.  It also required the ship to maneuver to aim it at a target

The argument about why BA weaponry is smaller than Mech weaponry would be useful.

BA weaponry is smaller because the whole platform (the BA) handles all the turning and aiming of the weapon, while a Mech has to include motors/myomers to maneuver the weapon

A similar rule for Spinal weaponry would be that you get the weapon at half mass, but have to spend thrust to aim the weapon at a target.  Plus some other limit to the number of targets the ship can engage each turn?
Not really. Just look at the mass driver for the penalties.
Clan Blood Spirit - So Bad Ass as to require Orbital Bombardments to wipe us out....it is the only way to be sure!

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
« Reply #32 on: 26 January 2020, 09:56:41 »
Technically the Fredasa does happen to have a Spinal Mounted weapon., its NAC40!

If a weapon is in a bay, and/or it's an odd number, wouldn't it be considered a Spinal Mount? I mean, come on, I sure wouldn't want to mount it off centered, would you?  ::)

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #33 on: 27 January 2020, 11:20:40 »
Spinal is different than chase armaments.
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

I am Belch II

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • It's a gator with a nuke, whats the problem.
« Reply #34 on: 27 January 2020, 15:45:36 »
Depending on the rules, you can only make a weapon with a 70 AV in one bay. Now of course there are millions of ways around this rule. I guess if you mount 40 NL-55s in one bay together and say you have to fire them all at one you can call it a Spinal Laser.
Walking the fine line between sarcasm and being a smart-ass

Register