Author Topic: The *literally* Never-Seen  (Read 160844 times)

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
Re: The *literally* Never-Seen
« Reply #120 on: 24 November 2018, 09:18:41 »
Guardiandashi, even allowing them to use Infantry Bay quarters would work, but that was errata'd out too.

beachhead1985

• Major
  • 1st SOG; SLDF. "McKenna's Marauders"
    • Kilroy's Wall
« Reply #121 on: 25 November 2018, 09:29:00 »
More from the TRO: VA and other sources

Mining Mechs
  • Three-Man Digging Machine - this is the super heavy Mech which is suppose to have spurred development of the Aries.
  • GM MuckRaker
  • MicroTitan - Ultralight digging Mech

FireMechs
  • 90-ton St. Florian

CargoMechs
  • 80-ton Lugger battlefield salvage ’Mech
  • 90-ton King-class CargoMech

• 15-ton GS-54 Guard Quad SecurityMech
  • RiotMech - (Appeared in MWDA Novel Fortress of Lies)

Thanks Wrangler; added most of those. But the TMDM is an old favourite and I already had that one.
Epitaph on an Army of Mercenaries

These, in the day when heaven was falling,      Their shoulders held the sky suspended;
The hour when earth's foundations fled,         They stood, and earth's foundations stay;
Followed their mercenary calling,               What God abandoned, these defended,
And took their wages, and are dead.             And saved the sum of things for pay.

A.E. Housman

beachhead1985

• Major
    • Kilroy's Wall
« Reply #122 on: 25 November 2018, 09:31:04 »
Guardiandashi, even allowing them to use Infantry Bay quarters would work, but that was errata'd out too.

Indeed, I think that everyone who is very into Naval or Aerospace has their own take on the MkVII. I know I do. But the rules have been futzed with so much, it's hard to pin down. It's actually worse than the mobile longtom revisions.

These, in the day when heaven was falling,      Their shoulders held the sky suspended;
The hour when earth's foundations fled,         They stood, and earth's foundations stay;
Followed their mercenary calling,               What God abandoned, these defended,
And took their wages, and are dead.             And saved the sum of things for pay.

A.E. Housman

cawest

• Captain
« Reply #123 on: 25 November 2018, 13:29:06 »
the Seventh Kommando's dropship.  I can not remember were, but one of the books had them do a mission and then blast off planet in there own dropships. 

lrose

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #124 on: 25 November 2018, 17:48:47 »
the Seventh Kommando's dropship.  I can not remember were, but one of the books had them do a mission and then blast off planet in there own dropships.

Per the Wolf Dragoon's SB the 7th Kommando had 5 Fury class dropships assigned to them. 

Frabby

• Major
« Reply #125 on: 26 November 2018, 00:25:41 »
Per the Wolf Dragoon's SB the 7th Kommando had 5 Fury class dropships assigned to them.
At one point Wolf's Dragoons were mentioned to possess several Scout-class DropShips. That class is never mentioned anywhere else save the MUL. I think he meant these.
Sarna.net BattleTechWiki Admin
Author of the BattleCorps stories Feather vs. Mountain, Rise and Shine, Proprietary, Trial of Faith & scenario Twins

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #126 on: 26 November 2018, 12:59:21 »
Must been a typo. Makes more sense to me to have JumpShips for independent troops like the 7th Kommandos
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

Frabby

• Major
« Reply #127 on: 26 November 2018, 15:18:01 »
Must been a typo. Makes more sense to me to have JumpShips for independent troops like the 7th Kommandos
Not from the context. And like I wrote, the MUL does confirm the existence of a Scout class of DropShips.
Sarna.net BattleTechWiki Admin
Author of the BattleCorps stories Feather vs. Mountain, Rise and Shine, Proprietary, Trial of Faith & scenario Twins

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #128 on: 26 November 2018, 15:24:54 »
Not from the context. And like I wrote, the MUL does confirm the existence of a Scout class of DropShips.

Until somebody writes otherwise, and then the MUL will change to reflect whatever is written, or not, about it then.
Alpha Strike Introduction resources
Left of Center blog - Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets

Kit deSummersville

• Precentor of Lies
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • The epicness continues!
    • Insights and Complaints on Twitter
« Reply #129 on: 26 November 2018, 16:01:00 »
Well, the Scout DropShip is just how Malvina uses them....

xp
Looking for an official answer? Check the Catalyst Interaction Forums.

Freelancer for hire, not an official CGL or IMR representative.

Everyone else's job is easy, so tell them how to do it, everyone loves that!

Millard Fillmore's favorite BattleTech writer.

beachhead1985

• Major
    • Kilroy's Wall
« Reply #130 on: 29 November 2018, 16:35:51 »
At one point Wolf's Dragoons were mentioned to possess several Scout-class DropShips. That class is never mentioned anywhere else save the MUL. I think he meant these.

I think those are mentioned with the League-Class in one of the early GDL books as part of the Kuritan invasion force.

Also; we need more Drop ships.
« Last Edit: 29 November 2018, 16:37:57 by beachhead1985 »

A.E. Housman

beachhead1985

• Major
    • Kilroy's Wall
« Reply #131 on: 01 December 2018, 23:04:18 »
Got a reminder when I saw the thread today:

Jumping Atlas Mini.

Are there any canon variants that support it?

A.E. Housman

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #132 on: 01 December 2018, 23:08:15 »
the AS7-K3 jumps

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
« Reply #133 on: 01 December 2018, 23:14:12 »

Jumping Atlas Mini.

•AS7-K3 A modification of the K2 built in 3083, the K3 removed the two Streak SRM-6 launchers and replaced them with three jump jets and a Streak SRM-4 launcher, giving the AS7-K3 incredible maneuverability.

Found here: Record Sheets: MechWarrior Dark Age I, p. 74 and Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, p. 156

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

SteelRaven

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Fight for something or Die for nothing
    • The Steel-Raven at DeviantArt
« Reply #134 on: 01 December 2018, 23:23:50 »

Jumping Atlas Mini.

I believe the mini in question featured a Jump Pack
Battletech Art and Commissions
http://steel-raven.deviantart.com

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • It's just my goth phase
« Reply #135 on: 02 December 2018, 00:52:00 »
And it's definitely not an AS7-K3, due to retaining the Atlas's original pumpkin head and shoulders.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #136 on: 02 December 2018, 01:27:13 »
How so?

Atlas-K3 is a modified K2, which is a Lyran mod of Kurita's K ( 1 ).

K4 is a Dark Age mech, which would have need of a Phoenix facelift, but a K ( 1 ) is just a Kurita XL version of the original classic D. K2 was a revamp of a Gauss and ER Large with 2 SSRM6's added a Guardian. K3 dropped the Streaks and added the jets instead.

Again, how so MLO4H?

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #137 on: 02 December 2018, 01:39:32 »
Because the K2, 3, and 4 are the Dark Age Atlas, as shown in TRO 3085.  The Jumping Atlas mini is the classic AS7-D/AS7-K appearance.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #138 on: 02 December 2018, 02:32:23 »
I don't think so...

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse

Cache

• Captain
    • Lords of the Battlefield
« Reply #139 on: 02 December 2018, 11:20:09 »
The jumping Atlas is whichever variant you want it to be.

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #140 on: 02 December 2018, 11:21:45 »
Atlas:

Dark Age Atlas:

Jumping Atlas:

That's pretty obviously the old style Atlas, not the Dark Age style.

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #141 on: 02 December 2018, 12:42:00 »
An atlas with a jump pack feels like that scene in Jurassic park where the raptors figure out how to open doors

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

The_Caveman

• Lieutenant
  • A Living Fossil
« Reply #142 on: 02 December 2018, 18:50:21 »
If it's not been mentioned: Sarna's article on the Look-Down Radar describes it as installed on a Clan "Spectre-class" reconnaissance plane. That reference is not found on the cited page of TacOps and I think it would be the only mention of a Clan conventional aircraft.

Is this canon or an error in the wiki?
Half the fun of BattleTech is the mental gymnastics required to scientifically rationalize design choices made decades ago entirely based on the Rule of Cool.

The other half is a first-turn AC/2 shot TAC to your gyro that causes your Atlas to fall and smash its own cockpit... wait, I said fun didn't I?

Liam's Ghost

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Miss Chitty finds your honor rules quaint.
« Reply #143 on: 02 December 2018, 19:40:37 »
I believe the spectre comes from the last book of the Jade Phoenix trilogy. Kael Pershaw was tooling around in one over Tukayyid.
Good news is the lab boys say the symptoms of asbestos poisoning show an immediate latency of 44.6 years. So if you're thirty or over you're laughing. Worst case scenario you miss out on a few rounds of canasta, plus you've forwarded the cause of science by three centuries. I punch those numbers into my calculator, it makes a happy face.

(indirect accessory to the) Slayer of Monitors!

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #144 on: 02 December 2018, 21:42:30 »
It's true. Last book of the Jade Phoenix trilogy does mentioned Pershaw was using spy plane. I forgot about it.

For some reason, i think i asked it on the old forums. I think Writers had said clans could have modded a Mosquito IX plane become Spectre used by the clans.

This is me going off something i remembered.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

beachhead1985

• Major
    • Kilroy's Wall
« Reply #145 on: 04 December 2018, 10:03:27 »
•AS7-K3 A modification of the K2 built in 3083, the K3 removed the two Streak SRM-6 launchers and replaced them with three jump jets and a Streak SRM-4 launcher, giving the AS7-K3 incredible maneuverability.

Found here: Record Sheets: MechWarrior Dark Age I, p. 74 and Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, p. 156

TT

I'll buy that for a Dollar.

It's true. Last book of the Jade Phoenix trilogy does mentioned Pershaw was using spy plane. I forgot about it.

For some reason, i think i asked it on the old forums. I think Writers had said clans could have modded a Mosquito IX plane become Spectre used by the clans.

This is me going off something i remembered.

The Mosquito is definitely noted as being used by the Clans. I don't know about it being called the spectre though?

A.E. Housman

Sir Chaos

• Captain
  • Artillery Fanboy
« Reply #146 on: 04 December 2018, 11:58:25 »
Well, the Scout DropShip is just how Malvina uses them....

xp

Any jumpship can be a dropship... once.
"Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a vulgar brawl."
-Frederick the Great

"Ultima Ratio Regis" ("The Last Resort of the King")
- Inscription on cannon barrel, 18th century

Matti

• Major
  • In Rory we trust
« Reply #147 on: 06 December 2018, 16:40:40 »
With the excitement for Golden Century, I've been inspired to share my personal list of those units and equipment which have been mentioned once or twice in some source somewhere, but never fully stated-out or given art. I hope someday all of these will appear in print.
Combat vehicles in novel Decision at Thunder Rift. Wheeled PPC Carrier anyone? My personal take on it along with bunch of variants.
You know what they say, don't you? About how us MechWarriors are the modern knights errant, how warfare has become civilized now that we have to abide by conventions and rules of war. Don't believe it.

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #148 on: 06 December 2018, 18:37:55 »
Combat vehicles in novel Decision at Thunder Rift.

HVWC (unspecified hovercraft weapon carrier, capable of carrying a range of support weapons including machine guns, missile launchers, lasers and PPCs)

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/PPC_Heavy_Weapons_Carrier

And don't forget the Jeep either: http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Jeep.

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse

beachhead1985

• Major
    • Kilroy's Wall
« Reply #149 on: 06 December 2018, 21:04:46 »
Combat vehicles in novel Decision at Thunder Rift. Wheeled PPC Carrier anyone? My personal take on it along with bunch of variants.

I had thought all the examples mentioned in DaTR were hover?

HVWC (unspecified hovercraft weapon carrier, capable of carrying a range of support weapons including machine guns, missile launchers, lasers and PPCs)

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/PPC_Heavy_Weapons_Carrier

And don't forget the Jeep either: http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Jeep.

TT

So the jeep and other MW1 vehicles, we just need modern rules for. no?

A.E. Housman

Register