Poll

Character creation layout

All character creations organized by stage with Clans and Innersphere mixed together.
Early stage character creations together with later stages separated for better organization.
Clans and Innersphere completely separated for better flow.
Other (Please explain)

Author Topic: MechWarrior Second Edition Optional rule.  (Read 58905 times)

Takiro

• Lieutenant
  • BattleTech: Salient Horizon
    • Your BattleTech
Re: MechWarrior Second Edition Optional rule.
« Reply #660 on: 10 January 2024, 20:03:36 »
Good to see some new postings here!

victor_shaw

• Lieutenant
« Reply #661 on: 10 January 2024, 22:35:03 »
Glad to see you back! :)

That said, I'm still an AToW booster, but totally get your position.  I'll try to limit my commentary here to helping your project. :)

You know you where never a problem.
But had to make the statement since in the past others have tried to push there ideas even after I said no.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
« Reply #662 on: 11 January 2024, 04:13:10 »
Thanks for the vote of confidence! :)

victor_shaw

• Lieutenant
« Reply #663 on: 20 January 2024, 16:42:55 »
P.O.L.
Have been working on organizing the Current/New files and purging Old ones for some time now, their are a lot. (160 Files, 13 Folders after cleaning)
Plan on working on it most of this weekend, so will have some updates later this week.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #664 on: 20 January 2024, 17:14:21 »
Progress is progress! :)

Prospernia

• Lieutenant
« Reply #665 on: 20 January 2024, 20:37:20 »
When TRO: 3050 came out, I didn't have rules for the Clans until MW2e came out.  I tend to separate the Clans from the Inner-Sphere; I'll run a game, were all the PCs are Clans or, they're all Inner-Sphere (Kurita, Fourth-Succession War campaign, in MW2e, etc. Now that the new stuff has come out, I'd like to run a Clan/Inner-Sphere integrated 3145 game.

Oh, yeah.  BattleTroops, itself was a fine game.  Since I don't know anything about MW 1st ed, I kinda wonder if that was the inspiration for the format chosen.  . . .

Not even close; the one thing I like about Fasa, is they were very creative with their gaming-systems.  Every system (Shadow-Run, Legionnaire etc.), is different.  Every game-system is different than the previous one, no matter if they are a part of the same game-line.

victor_shaw

• Lieutenant
« Reply #666 on: 20 January 2024, 22:29:39 »
When TRO: 3050 came out, I didn't have rules for the Clans until MW2e came out.  I tend to separate the Clans from the Inner-Sphere; I'll run a game, were all the PCs are Clans or, they're all Inner-Sphere (Kurita, Fourth-Succession War campaign, in MW2e, etc. Now that the new stuff has come out, I'd like to run a Clan/Inner-Sphere integrated 3145 game.

This is more true then anyone really gets. Running a mixed campaign is close to impossible before the Jihad and to me the forced integration of the two has greatly undermined the Battletech universe. 

Not even close; the one thing I like about Fasa, is they were very creative with their gaming-systems.  Every system (Shadow-Run, Legionnaire etc.), is different.  Every game-system is different than the previous one, no matter if they are a part of the same game-line.

Except that Shadowrun DMZ is almost a carbon-copy Battletroops.  :evil:

That said, this their are a lot of similarities between some of the game lines. (MW2 and Shadowrun 2nd Priority tables)
And The differenced within the game lines has lead to a lot of the issues with integrating the different combat arms without having to nurf one or the other.
So this is not always a good thing.

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #667 on: 29 January 2024, 10:13:35 »
Looking forward to the update
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

victor_shaw

• Lieutenant
« Reply #668 on: 06 February 2024, 07:55:44 »
P.O.L.
Just to let everyone know, there have been not real updates because most of what I have been working on is Master page design, and converting existing files to new fonts and, layout work on areas that do not need much or any changes.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #669 on: 06 February 2024, 17:30:03 »
Progress is progress, thanks for the update! :)

Daemion

• Major
  • The Future of BattleTech
    • Never Tales and Other Daydreams
« Reply #670 on: 09 February 2024, 23:34:02 »
If you ever get to a point with the life path system that you think you can turn it into a path style game board, I want to see it.   I still think the Life Path system could be turned into a stand-alone board game.   :tongue:
It's your world. You can do anything you want in it. - Bob Ross

Every thought and device conceived by Satan and man must be explored and found wanting. - Donald Grey Barnhouse on the purpose of history and time.

I helped make a game! ^_^  - Forge Of War: Tactics

victor_shaw

• Lieutenant
« Reply #671 on: 12 March 2024, 14:37:28 »
Sorry for the long wait for no progress.
Unfortunately I have been down for the last two months with Bronchitis with major complications do to a thyroid issues that has had me in and out of the hospital.
Still not fully recovered so I can't give any real plan moving forward, but will see what the next few months allow for.

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #672 on: 12 March 2024, 15:29:55 »
Take your time. Do it when you feel able to.  Just let us know when download link is available when your ready.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #673 on: 12 March 2024, 20:05:32 »
Get well soon!  Chronic medical conditions are the worst (outside of the acute issues that kill you outright)... :/

Register