Author Topic: Faction Traits for Factions not in MWDA  (Read 5005 times)

tbrminsanity

• Master Sergeant
  • 1st Dragoncat Cluster
    • TBRMInsanity's Website
Faction Traits for Factions not in MWDA
« on: 16 March 2011, 22:17:18 »
I was on http://www.warrenborn.com/ today and looking over the faction traits (like Clan Nova Cat have good heat dials, above average energy range and damage, below average ballistic range and damage, very few SEs, and longer dials) and I started to wonder if other factions had been created what would their figures been like?

Here is a quick stab:
Clan Smoke Jaguar: (Violent and Aggressive, but not autonomous)
Above average Attack and Damage
Bellow average Defence
Bellow average range

House Marik: (Combined Arms approach)
Above average attack and defence for non-mech units
Bellow average attack and defence for non-elite mech units
Above average attack and defence for elite mech units (Knights of the Inner Sphere)

JPArbiter

• Captain
  • Podcasting Monkey
    • Arbitration Studios, your last word in battletech talk
Re: Faction Traits for Factions not in MWDA
« Reply #1 on: 17 March 2011, 10:34:24 »
My Dream for House Marik was

Odd Numbered Ranges (representing use of Light Gauss Rifles and ER lasers)
Extensive use of Black on the heat dial (always an underused color)
Sucker Punch style combat dials, where they are acceptable for the first third of thier dial then become dangerous at the second third, then cave on the final third.

Raven Alliance
Extensive multi targeting capabilites
low damage but extensive SE
High attack values
Prone to ammunition jams

Host of Arbitration, your last word in Battletech Talk

tbrminsanity

• Master Sergeant
  • 1st Dragoncat Cluster
    • TBRMInsanity's Website
« Reply #2 on: 17 March 2011, 20:03:47 »
I would also give the Raven Alliance more VTOL units (infantry, vehicles, and mechs) then other factions (due to their extensive aerospace program).

ChrisSymons1981

• Sergeant
« Reply #3 on: 19 March 2011, 03:47:54 »
I would also give the Raven Alliance more VTOL units (infantry, vehicles, and mechs)

inb4 LAM flame war.
You Say Fiery Crash? I Say Dynamic Entry.

tbrminsanity

• Master Sergeant
  • 1st Dragoncat Cluster
    • TBRMInsanity's Website
« Reply #4 on: 19 March 2011, 09:09:47 »
inb4 LAM flame war.

Let me clarify, I meant Jackalopes.  I for one, is in the anti-LAM camp (manly because I think Jet/Mech hybrids are silly).  I am in favour of Mechs with limited VTOL capabilities like the Jackalope.

GhostCat

• Lieutenant
  • If A, then B, The Evil Genius Argument
« Reply #5 on: 19 March 2011, 10:49:54 »
Let me clarify, I meant Jackalopes.  I for one, is in the anti-LAM camp (manly because I think Jet/Mech hybrids are silly).  I am in favour of Mechs with limited VTOL capabilities like the Jackalope.

So, mech/tank transformer mechs are less silly? 

Jackalopes have not special VTOL property, they just got flight pegs to improve the cute action pose.  The main feature that made them even slightly important was the AMS defense equipment on the dial. 

GC
"Spirit Cats are just pirates basically." --- Quote from Herb

tbrminsanity

• Master Sergeant
  • 1st Dragoncat Cluster
    • TBRMInsanity's Website
« Reply #6 on: 19 March 2011, 14:15:38 »
So, mech/tank transformer mechs are less silly? 

Jackalopes have not special VTOL property, they just got flight pegs to improve the cute action pose.  The main feature that made them even slightly important was the AMS defense equipment on the dial. 

GC

Any transforming mech in the Battletech universe is a silly idea (it is not in the look and feel of Battletech).  I don't own a jackalope in my MWDA collection (I want the Kurita one though) so I didn't have the stats with me.  I just assumed that from the pictures I've seen that it had VTOL capabilities.  If not I retract my original comment about Raven Alliance units having VTOL mechs (just a higher then normal VTOL infantry and vehicles). 

I think I'm going to create a separate thread about mechs having VTOL (not LAM) capabilities (ie not a transforming mech, but better Jump Jet capabilities (like the Sylph Elemental and Kage Light Battle Amour)).

cavingjan

• Spelunca Custos
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
    • warrenborn
« Reply #7 on: 19 March 2011, 14:25:21 »
Ice Hellion:
light fast units
increased speed but decreased defense, attack and damage
late in the dial it picks up better attack and damage (trying to show their temper tantrum side of things)

Iron Wolf

• Corporal
« Reply #8 on: 20 March 2011, 23:34:34 »
I would like to see ComGuard units. They would have a focus on combined arms with units geared to work together. Maybe a few number of Mechs but infantry and vehicles that worked well in tandem.

JadeHellbringer

• Easily Bribed Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
  • Third time this week!
« Reply #9 on: 21 March 2011, 08:42:31 »
Taurian Concordat: To represent the large number of rocket launchers on periphery designs, a Taurian player may designate any unit to cause an extra click of damage per 100 points the attacking unit is worth (rounding up) once per game. So for example, a 250-point unit does three extra damage, a 25 point unit does one point extra, and a 99 point unit still only does one extra. This also costs -1 to the attacker's to-hit number, and causes one extra click of heat whether the attack hits or not.

...this rule is moot if the defender is a House Davion/Swordsworn army, in which case the Taurian player is required to get under the nearest table, refuse to come out, and mutter "they're all out to get me" (or something similar) while sucking his thumb.
"There's a difference between the soldier and his fight,
But the warrior knows the true meaning of his life."
+Larry and his Flask, 'Blood Drunk'+

"You know, basically war is just, like, a bunch of people playing pranks on each other, but at the end they all die."
+Crow T. Robot+

tbrminsanity

• Master Sergeant
  • 1st Dragoncat Cluster
    • TBRMInsanity's Website
« Reply #10 on: 21 March 2011, 08:53:59 »
I would like to see ComGuard units. They would have a focus on combined arms with units geared to work together. Maybe a few number of Mechs but infantry and vehicles that worked well in tandem.

http://www.warrenborn.com/Unit.php?ID=VG084

Yeah this is the only ComGuard unit that was ever made.

jeyar

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #11 on: 21 March 2011, 20:12:20 »
...this rule is moot if the defender is a House Davion/Swordsworn army, in which case the Taurian player is required to get under the nearest table, refuse to come out, and mutter "they're all out to get me" (or something similar) while sucking his thumb.

Without provocation even. Yeah!

Register