Author Topic: Charger makeover, from dud to stud.  (Read 2182 times)

Major Headcase

• Lieutenant
  • We're paid to win. Heroism costs extra...
Charger makeover, from dud to stud.
« on: 21 July 2017, 21:48:29 »
Converted plastic standard Charger into awesome "Kamikaze" Charger with crazy sword. I used parts from my leftover plastic Heavy Gear minis and the sword from some chaos dude I got and never built. Since I didn't have the Japanese style sword normally used, I explain this rough, jagged, sword as the pilots good luck charm. It's made from the sharpened and shaped piece of Dropship armor from a Dropship crash he miraculously survived on his first mission in his new mech.

Images redacted
« Last Edit: 25 August 2020, 18:23:26 by Major Headcase »

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
Re: Charger makeover, from dud to stud.
« Reply #1 on: 22 July 2017, 21:06:49 »
Nice kit bash!  That'll look pretty darn cool when it's all painted up.  8)
There is no avoiding war; it can only be postponed to the advantage of others.   -Machiavelli

Greetings, Mechwarrior!  You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against...Oops, wrong universe.  -unknown SLDF Recruiter

Because overkill is underrated my friend.  -John "Hannibal" Smith

Unit/Scheme of the Month Master Index

Dave Talley

• Major
« Reply #2 on: 22 July 2017, 21:45:05 »
hmmm
2 SRM4s,PPC, 2 mediums?
Resident Smartass since 1998
“Toe jam in training”

Because while the other Great Houses of the Star League thought they were playing chess, House Cameron was playing Paradox-Billiards-Vostroyan-Roulette-Fourth Dimensional-Hypercube-Chess-Strip Poker the entire time.
JA Baker

Major Headcase

• Lieutenant
« Reply #3 on: 23 July 2017, 00:14:32 »
hmmm
2 SRM4s,PPC, 2 mediums?
The Kamikaze has 2 light PPCs, a Heavy PPC,  and and MML 9. But I couldn't find a missile launcher with 9 tubes/warheads, so 8 will have to do. 😁
Oh, and Improved Jump jets, which is why I gave him the horking big jetpack! 😂
It's all painted up, I just need to post a pic.

Major Headcase

• Lieutenant
« Reply #4 on: 23 July 2017, 02:07:57 »
Here he is painted up. 😁 the colors are for a bodyguard company of a Yakuza Warlord with delusions of grandeur.
« Last Edit: 25 August 2020, 18:23:41 by Major Headcase »

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
« Reply #5 on: 23 July 2017, 14:11:28 »
Delusions of grandeur or not, I'd crap my pants if I saw that thing running at me  :o  Nicely done sir!   O0
There is no avoiding war; it can only be postponed to the advantage of others.   -Machiavelli

Greetings, Mechwarrior!  You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against...Oops, wrong universe.  -unknown SLDF Recruiter

Because overkill is underrated my friend.  -John "Hannibal" Smith

Unit/Scheme of the Month Master Index

Major Headcase

• Lieutenant
« Reply #6 on: 25 July 2017, 00:38:02 »
Delusions of grandeur or not, I'd crap my pants if I saw that thing running at me  :o  Nicely done sir!   O0

Actually, THIS is his boss, the Yakuza Warlord with delusions. The Kamikaze Charger is in charge of his bodyguard company.
😁
   This is a proxy for a King Crab I made from toy robot bits, parts from a Dark Age clicks mech, and parts from a Hotwheeles toy set! 😂 it's totally over the top, but it was fun to make!
« Last Edit: 25 August 2020, 18:23:53 by Major Headcase »