Author Topic: Buying minis in UK/EU  (Read 2450 times)

-Ice

• Sergeant
Buying minis in UK/EU
« on: 07 September 2012, 14:29:22 »
Hey guys!  I just bought the starter box and now am thinking of buying metal minis to supplement/replace the ones in the box.  I am currently in the UK and I was wondering if anyone can point me to a source of BattleTech minis.  I know there is Ral Partha Europe, but is this the same as IWM that I see on these forums?

I will be buying the "iconic" mechs of 3025 and a few clan mechs as well.  I think I prefer my games on the 3050-ish time as I'm not so sure I like the Jihad, or those weird mechs they have.

Thanks!

God and Davion

• Excelencia Steiner
  • Administrator
  • Major
  • This place for rent
Re: Buying minis in UK/EU
« Reply #1 on: 07 September 2012, 15:08:46 »
Hey guys!  I just bought the starter box and now am thinking of buying metal minis to supplement/replace the ones in the box.  I am currently in the UK and I was wondering if anyone can point me to a source of BattleTech minis.  I know there is Ral Partha Europe, but is this the same as IWM that I see on these forums?

I will be buying the "iconic" mechs of 3025 and a few clan mechs as well.  I think I prefer my games on the 3050-ish time as I'm not so sure I like the Jihad, or those weird mechs they have.

Thanks!

Ral Partha Europe is not the same as IWM... but it has a licence, so is it almost the same, just that the newer items won't be available at the same time, you must wait about a year. But for what you are looking there's no problem.
We are back again... but we never forget Albatross

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Colonel
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
« Reply #2 on: 07 September 2012, 15:45:06 »
RPE don't quite have the same range, but the minis they have are identical to the IWM ones. Their prices and service are extremely good. Don't forget to check out their cheap plastic hex bases ;)
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

agen2

• Captain
  • Il sobillatore.
« Reply #3 on: 07 September 2012, 16:13:57 »
Yes I confirm what's mentioned above. Don't forget that RPE  it doesn't archive his product like IWM does and some sculpts imported are more expensive.

DaveMac

• Lieutenant
  • Running for home...
« Reply #4 on: 08 September 2012, 03:37:25 »
Try over on LOTB, I'm sure either myself or some of my fellow Brits can come up with suggestions
Go to red alert!
Are you sure sir?  It does mean changing the lightbulb.

-Ice

• Sergeant
« Reply #5 on: 08 September 2012, 05:30:19 »
What/where is LOTB?

As for RPE vs IWM, which one has the most quality minis then?  I don't want to buy from one only to find out that the other has a much higher-quality/higher-detail version of that mini, especially at £6-8 per mini.  Also, where/how can I get IWM minis here, or do I have to order from the US?

agen2

• Captain
  • Il sobillatore.
« Reply #6 on: 08 September 2012, 08:33:34 »
LOTB is Lords of the battlefield it's a site where is allowed to trade and sell:
http://www.lordsofthebattlefield.com/forum/index.php?sid=0b2ac5fb20ba7be317cdc324c930bd26
there's a dedicated section just for that.
If you ask for best quality,I could not answer
I use both, and I did not notice any difference.
bAD CAST can happen, but if you contact them they will replace the product.
I do not see why you have to pay more 'money shipping if you can get the same items from the RPE.

speck

• IWM Web Support
  • Iron Wind Metals
  • Captain
« Reply #7 on: 08 September 2012, 09:42:54 »
What I will say is that if you want any of the new releases that have come out in the last 4 to 5 years and the online exclusives, you will have to order from IWM.  Since RPE does not have them.

Below are the shipping costs, yes they may seem high but I will say close to 80 percent of the international orders spend more then 250 to get the free shipping. Many of theses customers to one to two big orders a year.

Like its been mentioned there are many other placing to find the minis at, it's just up to you how you want to go about who you want to order from.