Author Topic: Reposing Kanazuchi Battle Armor?  (Read 1117 times)

TheoLehman

• Master Sergeant
Reposing Kanazuchi Battle Armor?
« on: 10 June 2022, 18:55:56 »
So I got a bunch of Kanazuchi Battle Armor from IWM, and since they're all the same pose I got it in my head to reposition the arms.
Now, that's some small sections to cut at while trying to avoid damage to the surrounding metal, so I doubt hacking away with my hobby knife is a good move.  To say nothing of the disaster that will probably result if I try to use my sprue clippers.
The question that arises, then, is what sort of tiny, precise cutting tool should I be looking for?  I've seen a couple little saws that might do the job, but collateral damage is a concern.

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Lieutenant General
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
Re: Reposing Kanazuchi Battle Armor?
« Reply #1 on: 11 June 2022, 00:21:55 »
Stanley knife, aka carpet cutter, is what you want. Shorter, stiff sharp blade; won't flex. Applying gentle pressure with a rocking motion will cut through BA-depth metal without losing material, or squishing one side.
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

Cache

• Captain
    • Lords of the Battlefield
« Reply #2 on: 11 June 2022, 10:44:38 »
Bend them. Slowly. You don't need to cut.

TheoLehman

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #3 on: 11 June 2022, 20:05:25 »
Stanley knife, aka carpet cutter, is what you want. Shorter, stiff sharp blade; won't flex. Applying gentle pressure with a rocking motion will cut through BA-depth metal without losing material, or squishing one side.
Looking at carpet cutters reminded me that I have a weird hobby knife blade I never used that's basically a rectangle with the cutting edge on one short end, so I tried it with the gentle pressure and rocking you suggested and found that I was able to cut through a Kanazuchi's arm very easily without hitting the legs like a normal hobby knife blade would have, so thanks for that.
Three down, five to go!