Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Still nothing on my end. Im sure once its more right than wrong than before, I would guess a couple of weeks.
The Inner Sphere / Re: What tech actually becomes obselete
« Last post by Minemech on Today at 07:44:03 »
Still not a match for the Night Gyr D, Nova Cat B, Kraken 3, or Mastodon D.
The Draconis Combine both fields and produces Nova Cat Bs.
Warrior HX-9 Helicopter, pg 8

The Armor Factor is listed as 24 but the armor values total up to 26.

My group has recently taken up playing Battletech and have started to branch out from the basic rules to include things like tanks and infantry.

I've been looking into Elementals more because the 40k player in me appreciates power armoured zealots with jump packs and powerfists however the wording on how anti-mech attacks work, in particular the leg-attack has me a little stumped and my ability to find an answer on the internet is being stopped by what seems to be a never ending discussion over whether infantry is good enough or broken.

So leg-attacks state "Infantry units that begin a Weapon Attack Phase in the same hex and at the same elevation as the legs of an enemy ’Mech may choose to attack the ’Mech’s legs instead of making a standard weapon attack."

Does this mean that a unit of Elementals with their SRM-2s and lasers would have to give up both attacks in the Weapon Attack Phase if they share a hex with a mech to make a leg-attack or could they elect to not attack with one of their weapons to be able to make the leg-attack but still fire off the other weapon?
Clan Chatterweb / Re: Terra. Home to ilClan Wolf.
« Last post by Metallgewitter on Today at 07:25:51 »
and even then that may be slowly changing given the sea foxes are talking about merchandizing in a sidebar. I bet in the new adventures Polly upgrades to a Savage Wolf.

To be fair merchandizing of Clan items isn't a new thing. The Recguide for the Peregrine mentions a small "chibi" plush model of the Peregrine called Uhu which regularly shows up in Mech cockpits and other places. Which isn't the only one in the series but it seems one of the more popular items.

Perhaps I was a bit unclear when I mean "entertainment-starved" but from what I read it seems more that even Clan entertainment caters to the education and indoctrination rather then "pure" entertainment. Perhaps something more akin to arcades or virtual worlds which (from what I found mind you) seem to be rather absent from Clan worlds (though might exist in their OZ's). Remember, Chandrasekar Kurita began dealing with the Clans and he didn't sell them high tech items but rather consumer electronica, toys and other consumables. Stuff that was rare among the Clans.
The question then becomes: How long will we have to pay the shipping ???

We don't know yet. Under the original plan/Update 81 sent March 26th they indicated addresses would lock at April 5th and at some shortly stage after that we'd be be able to pay up until April 12th 12am ET when the pledge manger would lock, so about a week or so. But things have changed so no idea if there will be a similar or longer period now.
Clan Chatterweb / Re: Terra. Home to ilClan Wolf.
« Last post by Nodachi on Today at 06:39:10 »
We do have a century of game time to see how things evolve with the Ilclan and the worlds it ends up keeping.
I would go with the trial of possession. Considering what is known about the Clans post Tukayyid. I think you need to exploit the Clans rigid view on war. Plus could you not include a clause to allow safe passage out of Clan territory???? Even with a successful smash and grab raid you might have great difficulty getting away. You are deep in Clan territory. Yes you arrived via surprise, but getting home might be much more difficult. They could be highly motivated to recover your spoils....

BattleTech Miniatures / Re: Black Knight Clan buster
« Last post by MoffMalthus on Today at 06:27:16 »
Wow if that's the case I'll ask for a refund. I'll see if there is any difference between the catalyst store and the online store I purched it from.
Lyriel - Days of yore
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Register