Author Topic: Importing minis to the UK  (Read 3223 times)

sweetdaddyg

• Recruit
  • You dare to refuse my batchall?
Importing minis to the UK
« on: 06 January 2015, 05:31:26 »
Sure, we have Ral Partha Europe, but their selection is nothing in comparison to IWM. However the price to import IWM minis to the UK is incredibly prohibitive. Are there any plans to improve this situation?

agen2

• Captain
  • Il sobillatore.
Re: Importing minis to the UK
« Reply #1 on: 06 January 2015, 15:19:11 »
Put an order of 250,01$ and you'll get free ship or if you can you can share a big order with some other friend or I can't see any other solution at the moment.

Lorcan Nagle

• 75 tons of heavy metal mayhem
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • We're back, baby!
« Reply #2 on: 06 January 2015, 16:01:48 »
Ulisses Spiele (the German licensor for BattleTech) carries most if not all the IWM minis, pricing after shipping is comparable to ordering direct from the US.  Also there's a game shop in Ireland called the Gathering that imports from IWM for customers, and they do reshipping/mail order
The moderator formerly known as the user formerly known as nenechan

DarkISI

• Praedonum Dominus
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • https://amzn.to/3Dm3bvj
    • My Author Website
« Reply #3 on: 06 January 2015, 16:20:15 »
Ulisses also carries some/a lot of the online exclusive minis.
www.f-shop.de is their official site. They ship through the whole European Union. If it, for some reason, doesn't work on the website, shoot them an email :)
German novelist and part time Battletech writer.

HPG Station - German Battletech News

"if they didn't want to be stomped to death by a psychotic gang of battlemechs, they shouldn't have fallen down" - Liam's Ghost

agen2

• Captain
  • Il sobillatore.
« Reply #4 on: 06 January 2015, 16:58:19 »
Gosh!Reading german is almost like chinese for me #P.

Shichiro

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Master Sergeant
« Reply #5 on: 07 January 2015, 12:42:37 »
We regularly import into Europe and can happily add to our orders if this would help.  Where are you based?

Darkside99x

• Private
« Reply #6 on: 12 January 2015, 17:38:57 »
Ulisses also carries some/a lot of the online exclusive minis.
www.f-shop.de is their official site. They ship through the whole European Union. If it, for some reason, doesn't work on the website, shoot them an email :)

I have emailed them a bunch of times and was essentially told they aint shipping to the uk anymore.  :(

DarkISI

• Praedonum Dominus
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
    • My Author Website
« Reply #7 on: 13 January 2015, 02:05:22 »
I have emailed them a bunch of times and was essentially told they aint shipping to the uk anymore.  :(

Oh. That's not good :(

"if they didn't want to be stomped to death by a psychotic gang of battlemechs, they shouldn't have fallen down" - Liam's Ghost

Maingunnery

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Pirates and C3 masters are on the hitlist
« Reply #8 on: 13 January 2015, 05:07:59 »
Oh. That's not good :(
They also don't ship to the Netherlands, so I switched to Fanen.
Herb: "Well, now I guess we'll HAVE to print it. Sounds almost like the apocalypse I've been working for...."

The Society:Fan XTRO & Field Manual
Nebula California: HyperTube Xtreme
Nebula Confederation Ships

agen2

• Captain
  • Il sobillatore.
« Reply #9 on: 13 January 2015, 06:24:09 »
That's weird,so why they don't ship in other country like Netherland that's basically is very close?I'm wondering now if they ship in Italy. ???

DarkISI

• Praedonum Dominus
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
    • My Author Website
« Reply #10 on: 13 January 2015, 06:29:35 »
Especially since their website still says they do ...

DarkISI

• Praedonum Dominus
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
    • My Author Website
« Reply #11 on: 13 January 2015, 07:17:46 »
I talked to them to find out what's going on.
As it stands, their new shop software is currently not able to handle international shipping. They will update the shipping page next week, to reflect this. The goal is, to get international shipping back and they hope that they can get it done this year, but can't say for sure.
:(

Darkside99x

• Private
« Reply #12 on: 13 January 2015, 14:34:02 »
Probably a coincidence but since they stopped shipping there have been a LOT of ironwind mechs coming from germany on ebay with extortionate shipping prices, some as high as £40!  The whole thing just seems a bit too intentional to me, what company in this day and age wud be incapable of updating software to allow international shipping.

sweetdaddyg

• Recruit
  • You dare to refuse my batchall?
« Reply #13 on: 13 January 2015, 14:46:45 »
That is really good news. Hope they get it done sooner rather than later.

Maingunnery

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #14 on: 13 January 2015, 14:54:41 »
what company in this day and age wud be incapable of updating software to allow international shipping.
You would be surprised, such things tend to happen in companies in which: everything is linked into one system and the software can be properly supported anymore (bad outsourcing or vital personnel has left).
Herb: "Well, now I guess we'll HAVE to print it. Sounds almost like the apocalypse I've been working for...."

DarkISI

• Praedonum Dominus
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
    • My Author Website
« Reply #15 on: 13 January 2015, 15:03:14 »
You would be surprised, such things tend to happen in companies in which: everything is linked into one system and the software can be properly supported anymore (bad outsourcing or vital personnel has left).

In this case they replaced a pretty messed up shop system with a new one a couple of months ago. The move should have gone smoothly, but it took more than a month to get normal functionality back where you could actually order something. Even now, they don't everything back the old shop could do, so not being able to handle international shipping ... sounds like one more problem that arose from the move. :(
(Even so, updating to a new software was desperately needed, the old shop was barely able to do anything anymore.)

Maingunnery

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #16 on: 13 January 2015, 15:31:33 »
In this case they replaced a pretty messed up shop system with a new one a couple of months ago. The move should have gone smoothly, but it took more than a month to get normal functionality back where you could actually order something. Even now, they don't everything back the old shop could do, so not being able to handle international shipping ... sounds like one more problem that arose from the move. :(
(Even so, updating to a new software was desperately needed, the old shop was barely able to do anything anymore.)
That situation sounds very familiar, buying new a software system often includes the requirement to write your own scrips/modules in order to meet the company own needs.   :(

speck

• IWM Web Support
  • Captain
« Reply #17 on: 13 January 2015, 19:14:20 »

Sounds like poor planning for the update.

DarkISI

• Praedonum Dominus
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
    • My Author Website
« Reply #18 on: 14 January 2015, 08:39:24 »
Sounds like poor planning for the update.

Don't know exactly. As I understood it, there was a lot of planning that went into the update, but the fact that the old shop was running on band aids and stitches screwed everything up.
Of course, I'm not that deep into the internal workings that I actually know what happened. But they seemed to be planning for a long time and even postponed at some point, because they didn't think they were ready.

Register