Author Topic: Missing Clan Color Schemes?  (Read 2580 times)

Luciora

• Major
Missing Clan Color Schemes?
« on: 30 January 2018, 04:08:44 »
Do we know if Clans Mongoose, and Widowmaker had thier own color schemes?

Kit deSummersville

• Precentor of Lies
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • The epicness continues!
    • Insights and Complaints on Twitter
Re: Missing Clan Color Schemes?
« Reply #1 on: 30 January 2018, 08:59:37 »
Last I heard we'll need to wait on Camospecs to create those.
Looking for an official answer? Check the Catalyst Interaction Forums.

Freelancer for hire, not an official CGL or IMR representative.

Everyone else's job is easy, so tell them how to do it, everyone loves that!

Millard Fillmore's favorite BattleTech writer.

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #2 on: 30 January 2018, 11:51:16 »
Yep.  That was my first place to look.    Was hoping there was a mention somewhere in the Sourcebooks too.  Thanks Kit!

Last I heard we'll need to wait on Camospecs to create those.

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
« Reply #3 on: 14 April 2018, 00:23:02 »
Well if you looked at Natasha's motif, you'd see what she used.

Ash Black with a Red Hourglass symbol.

Also look here:
http://www.sarna.net/wiki/13th_Wolf_Guards_(Clan_Wolf-in-Exile)

TT

( Which leads me to believe she had Widowmaker genes in her Codex! )
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

Hellraiser

• Colonel
  • Cry Havoc and Unleash the Gods of Fiat.
« Reply #4 on: 15 April 2018, 18:51:46 »
( Which leads me to believe she had Widowmaker genes in her Codex! ) 

That's not just your belief, they have stated it in canon.  She has Widowmaker in with her Kerensky.

And I'm thinking the Widowmakers canon scheme will end up being something akin to her Black/Red color scheme, though, I'm not 100% on that, after all, I think the entire Dragoons were fluffed with that scheme in the early days & only later in canon did we see the Regiments get their own variations.  But I'd like to think she came up with that particular scheme as nod to her heritage.

On tangent note, I'm not sure what is my favorite scene of hers in fiction........ Her Nicky K quote after Shooting Fadre Singh(sp), or when she called out Burk Carson(?) with some line about "come on little boy & learn why I'm called the Black Widow".

3041: General Lance Hawkins: The Equalizers
3053: Star Colonel Rexor Kerensky: The Silver Wolves

"I don't shoot Urbanmechs, I walk up, stomp on their foot, wait for the head to pop open & drop in a hand grenade (or Elemental)" - Joel47
Against mechs, infantry have two options: Run screaming from Godzilla, or giggle under your breath as the arrogant fools blunder into your trap. - Weirdo

Frogfoot

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #5 on: 15 April 2018, 20:51:19 »
If you're planning on painting Mongoose mechs then IMO anything goes. The Mongooses weren't wiped out until the Golden Century and so they'd have had multiple Galaxies at that time. Clans tend to designate colour schemes at the Galaxy level and often those colour schemes don't bear any resemblance to the Clan's totem. There are dozens of examples of that. Camospecs are never going to do a Galaxy-by-Galaxy break down of all the Mongoose schemes, it's just not going to happen, so pick any colours that appeal to you and slap it on.

The Widowmakers were Absorbed in the early days of the Clans so they weren't very large, and it's entirely possible they just had a single colour scheme for everything. That's certainly not a definite though. I'd honestly be surprised if it was anything other than black and red but that's just me.

Deadborder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Technical Victory!
    • Elmer Studios Blog
Author of BattleCorps stories Grand Theft Agro and Zero Signal

How to Draw MegaMek Icons the Deadborder Way. Over 9000 so far. Determination or madness?

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
« Reply #7 on: 18 April 2018, 13:27:34 »
Remember that the Widowmakers had a small touman, but when it was time for the Dragoon Compromise, the clans decided older tech wouldn't show too much...except they were wrong. I believe they used older Brain Castled units from cold storage and gave them to the Dragoons to use.

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

Luciora

• Major