Author Topic: Worst Wakeup...Ever  (Read 4245 times)

Grave

• Lieutenant
  • All Your Salvage Are Belong To Us
Worst Wakeup...Ever
« on: 17 July 2011, 11:26:52 »
Got blown out of bed this morning by my 3 year old son dumping his cup of water on my side of the bed at about 7:45 this morning after crashing around 3 am ish.  I seriously thought for about 5 seconds that I was back in boot, as right after he poured out the water, he ran and flipped the lights on, screeching like the evil little munchkin he is when he's in that mood.

Anybody else have less than fond memories of horrible freaking ***-kicked-out-of-bed moments?

Yea, it really is that fast....

captainjohn

• Master Sergeant
  • work is for those who don't know how to plunder
Re: Worst Wakeup...Ever
« Reply #1 on: 17 July 2011, 13:19:00 »
at the begining of Summer break on a sunday my kid fell asleep. she woke up a ffew hours later and I convienced her that school was not over, and that she was late for school... it took  her 1/2 hour later to figure out that school was no school. now that was tired.
so, we meet again, for the first time

MoparMessiah

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Pimpin' Mopar Goodness since the Dawn of Time
« Reply #2 on: 17 July 2011, 13:20:18 »
Yes - an earwig crawling into my ear

Darkmentat

• Private
  • It is by Caffiene alone i set my mind in motion.
« Reply #3 on: 17 July 2011, 15:07:11 »
As a teen my room was in the basement of the house and my bed was under the heating duct. little did i know the first time that there was a knot hole in the wood floor of the dinning room above me that was big enough for a broom handle to fit thru and hit the duct. This was one of my fathers more inventive ways to get me out bed at 0 dark thirty on sundays in the summer to get ready to go for the horse shows.

Grim_Reaper

• Captain
« Reply #4 on: 17 July 2011, 22:39:09 »
back when my ex and i were still somewhat together and waking up on teh sidetable next to the bed instead of in the bed

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • It's just my goth phase
« Reply #5 on: 17 July 2011, 23:24:34 »
While I was living with my parents, having my mom come screeching into my room at 6 am shouting that I was going to be late for work two hours after I'd gotten back from GenCon (got up at 5am Sunday, was at GenCon until 1pm, went to the airport, arrived back at the airport at midnight, drove for four hours to get home at 4 am).
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

Fallen_Raven

• Major
« Reply #6 on: 17 July 2011, 23:52:32 »
My ex-girlfriend coming into my room (I still owe my roomates for letting her in to do this) sneaking into my room and dropping one of my 25 pound barbells onto my bed. Wouldn't have been so bad if it hadn't broken one of the support beam in the bed frame. >:( It did finally give me an excuse to by a real bed instead of the piece of crap I had been using.
Subtlety is for those who lack a bigger gun.

The Battletech Forums: The best friends you'll ever fire high-powered weaponry at.-JadeHellbringer

Liam's Ghost

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Miss Chitty finds your honor rules quaint.
« Reply #7 on: 18 July 2011, 00:27:57 »
a bout of sleep paralysis combined with a very curious and friendly kitten.

"Oh my god! There's a demon cat on my chest!"
Good news is the lab boys say the symptoms of asbestos poisoning show an immediate latency of 44.6 years. So if you're thirty or over you're laughing. Worst case scenario you miss out on a few rounds of canasta, plus you've forwarded the cause of science by three centuries. I punch those numbers into my calculator, it makes a happy face.

(indirect accessory to the) Slayer of Monitors!

Rorke

• Captain
  • Absolute Shower
« Reply #8 on: 18 July 2011, 05:50:03 »
Possibly the time we were burgled, and i managed to scare the burglars off.

GF "Dearest i think someone's trying to break into the house"

Me "It's ok it's only the ComGuards"

She laughed so hard i think they thought they'd broken into a mad persons house, and yeah i really did say that in my sleep.  This was about 2000, and
i was helping run a Mechcommander league at the time.  Guess the subconscious was processing :p

But this is a humourous wakeup.

http://videosift.com/video/Crazy-Wake-up-Scream
"you come at the king you best not miss" Omar Little

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
« Reply #9 on: 19 July 2011, 17:59:29 »
Falling asleep in the bathtub, one must remember to lock door.

My 4 yr. old dropped by and released a very large unopened box of maple syrup oatmeal.

Nothing like sweet smelling and dried horse food on you to wake up with. At least my pores were expunged.

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

PurpleDragon

• Captain
« Reply #10 on: 19 July 2011, 18:15:39 »
It didn't happen to me.  A buddy I had way back, you know, around the time the wheel was invented, anyway, a wasp decided to land on his eyelid while he slept.  His natural reaction was to rub his eye, so, the wasp did its natural reaction. 
give a man a fire, keep him warm for a night. 
Set him on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life!

The secret to winning the land/air battle is that you must always remain rigidly flexible.

I like tabletop more anyway, computer games are for nerds!  -  Knallogfall

Grim_Reaper

• Captain
« Reply #11 on: 19 July 2011, 20:01:59 »
another one of my worst was waking up and having to go to work after dreaming that i spent the day at work >:(

awclawson

• Captain
« Reply #12 on: 19 July 2011, 20:25:59 »
Awoke one morning to the worst pain I ever felt....KIDNEY STONE!  Felt like I was passing a bowling ball covered with spikes dipped in salty lemon juice.

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy states: "There is an art to flying, or rather a knack. Its knack lies in learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss. ... Clearly, it is this second part, the missing, that presents the difficulties."

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • It's just my goth phase
« Reply #13 on: 19 July 2011, 20:30:32 »
Oh goody.  My doctor just told me today that I've got one.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #14 on: 19 July 2011, 20:37:24 »
Worst thing waking up for me is when i was startled by my alarm and I dislocated my shoulder and had to goto the hospital. 
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

garhkal

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #15 on: 19 July 2011, 20:48:31 »
Being woke up by my father after i slept walked into next door's hedge....  i was 7.
It's not who you kill, but how they die!
You can't shoot what you can't see.
You can not dodge it if you don't know it's coming.

luky7evens

• Warrant Officer
  • Fear The Mt. Dew bot
« Reply #16 on: 21 July 2011, 17:44:30 »
Waking up to a motor simulator going off by my tent.

PurpleDragon

• Captain
« Reply #17 on: 27 July 2011, 07:14:05 »
Waking up to a motor simulator going off by my tent.

what's a motor simulator?   Do you mean a mortar simulator; like an artillery simulator? 
give a man a fire, keep him warm for a night. 
Set him on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life!

The secret to winning the land/air battle is that you must always remain rigidly flexible.

I like tabletop more anyway, computer games are for nerds!  -  Knallogfall

Lorcan Nagle

• 75 tons of heavy metal mayhem
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • We're back, baby!
« Reply #18 on: 27 July 2011, 07:22:23 »
When I was a kid, my brother and I slept in bunk beds.  I once rolled right out and thwacked my head off of one or more shelves on the way down.

I don't remember it actually happening, When I woke up (again) I had a whole load of dried blood in my hair and had no idea why until my mum told me what happened.
The moderator formerly known as the user formerly known as nenechan

luky7evens

• Warrant Officer
  • Fear The Mt. Dew bot
« Reply #19 on: 27 July 2011, 17:06:35 »
Ya i think they are the same thing idk, thats what my drill sgt at the time called it.

VF1LAM

• Major
  • Fifth Crucis Lancers
« Reply #20 on: 11 August 2011, 15:59:44 »
Last month, I had an allergic reaction to some chigger bites sustained in our backyard on the night of July 4th.

One problem was the insane amount of itching that developed all over my legs, and eventually pubic region.

There was one afternoon in particular, after I had just woken up from a nap, that my "male organ" became extremely irritated, and it seemed to be on the inside...

No amount of scratching could help this condition, but it went away after a few days.
Federated Commonwealth -- One more MechAssault if you want to be free!

MoparMessiah

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #21 on: 11 August 2011, 19:51:00 »
You might want to get that checked  :-\

VF1LAM

• Major
  • Fifth Crucis Lancers
« Reply #22 on: 11 August 2011, 20:08:30 »
@MoparMessiah:  I did see a urologist.  He found nothing after examining me; he advised me that a dermatologist might be able to tell me more about the rash, but that if it continues, I should return to see him.  So far, it hasn't really bothered me any.

With their numbers and ferocity, those chiggers must have been related to the Tyranids. :-[
Federated Commonwealth -- One more MechAssault if you want to be free!

Demon55

• Captain
  • Planning wisely.
« Reply #23 on: 12 August 2011, 11:23:08 »
I was staying on the 2nd bunk on a houseboat.  I rolled out of bed and landed on my back.  I remember my back really hurting and thinking I was paralyzed because I could not move my arms or legs.  I just said ow, ow, ow until my friend's dad woke up thinking I was seriously hurt.  Turns out I just had a bruise and was too tired to move.

MoparMessiah

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #24 on: 12 August 2011, 19:25:46 »
@MoparMessiah:  I did see a urologist.  He found nothing after examining me; he advised me that a dermatologist might be able to tell me more about the rash, but that if it continues, I should return to see him.  So far, it hasn't really bothered me any.

With their numbers and ferocity, those chiggers must have been related to the Tyranids. :-[

Good to hear you're OK  O0

Stormlion1

• Colonel
  • Apparently Im a rare survivor of the 1st!
« Reply #25 on: 14 August 2011, 15:31:44 »
Ex-Girlfriend trying to kill me in my sleep, crazy $*@$%. Tried to strangle me, knew I should have gotten the key back from her.
I don't set an example for others. I make examples of them.

MoparMessiah

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #26 on: 15 August 2011, 19:39:50 »
Ex-Girlfriend trying to kill me in my sleep, crazy $*@$%. Tried to strangle me, knew I should have gotten the key back from her.

How do we know it wasn't rough sex?

Dave Talley

• Major
« Reply #27 on: 15 August 2011, 20:19:22 »

they definately are tyranid like, luckily I am not allergic, unluckily males in my family apparently emit a pheromone that attracts the little monsters, in the 60s when my brothers were boy scouts, they were very popular as whenever a Talley was on the campout nobody else got bit  by the chiggers

flashh forward to the mid 80s and me and 2 roomies go camping, one of them got 5-6 bites, one  got 12-14, I stopped counting at 100, I literally bathed in calomine for 2 weeks
Resident Smartass since 1998
“Toe jam in training”

Because while the other Great Houses of the Star League thought they were playing chess, House Cameron was playing Paradox-Billiards-Vostroyan-Roulette-Fourth Dimensional-Hypercube-Chess-Strip Poker the entire time.
JA Baker