Firefly Resculpt Mech
28 (10.8%)
Centurion Mech Scale Fighter
13 (5%)
Cuchulainn Battle Armor
21 (8.1%)

Total Members Voted: 137

Voting closed: 25 December 2015, 15:34:06

Author Topic: Quarter 1 - 2016 Fan Finance 2.0 Poll  (Read 26769 times)

speck

• IWM Web Support
  • Captain
Quarter 1 - 2016 Fan Finance 2.0 Poll
« on: 13 December 2015, 15:34:06 »
Quarter 1 - 2016 Fan Finance 2.0 Poll has 10 items to vote on, everyone has two votes and once you vote you can not change your vote. At the end of the poll, the top two will be open to have funding threads created.

JPArbiter

• Captain
  • Podcasting Monkey
    • Arbitration Studios, your last word in battletech talk
Re: Quarter 1 - 2016 Fan Finance 2.0 Poll
« Reply #1 on: 19 December 2015, 02:15:46 »
Come on guys, we need to get the Skinwalker out there... this Bakenono has NO NO in its name!  VOTE IlClan!

/end pointless cheerleading
Host of Arbitration, your last word in Battletech Talk

Archer77

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #2 on: 20 December 2015, 08:50:48 »
Ok, I'm going to stop pouting because the Neanderthal did not make the cut and vote.

GRUD

• Captain
  • Quinn's Quads - 'Mechs on the March!
« Reply #3 on: 21 December 2015, 21:09:50 »
Since I wouldn't help fund anything on this Poll, I'm Abstaining from voting.  Maybe next time?   :-\

While I often vote for minis I don't need for the "Archive Return Poll", when someone asks for a hand getting one of their Favorites some votes, I wouldn't feel right "padding" the vote for anything to be Fan Funded, since I'm not paying a cent for any of them myself.  With the last one I voted with my wallet.  While I can't say right now that I wouldn't buy anything on this poll once it has been produced, I CAN say that I don't see ANYTHING on the Poll that I'd pitch in a dollar towards having it sculpted.   :-\

Even with the AMAZING work that B-3 does!   O0
To me, Repros are 100% Wrong, and there's NO  room for me to give ground on this subject. I'm not just an Immovable Object on this, I'm THE Immovable Object. 3D Prints are just 3D Repros.

Something to bear in Mind. Defending the BT IP is Frowned upon here.

Remember: Humor is NOT Tolerated here. Have a Nice Day!

Hey! Can't a guy get any Privacy around here!

DarkISI

• Praedonum Dominus
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • https://amzn.to/3Dm3bvj
    • My Author Website
« Reply #4 on: 22 December 2015, 05:57:38 »
Why do you think you would need to fund them? I probably won't (because store credit isn't so usefull from Germany since we are by now able to buy the online exclusive minis from a vendor in Germany, which cuts down on a lot of unnecessary stuff around ordering from overseas). But I know which ones I will buy once they get made. So I voted for those.
German novelist and part time Battletech writer.

HPG Station - German Battletech News

"if they didn't want to be stomped to death by a psychotic gang of battlemechs, they shouldn't have fallen down" - Liam's Ghost

GRUD

• Captain
« Reply #5 on: 22 December 2015, 07:35:05 »
I'm NOT saying that I would "Need" to help fund something in order to Vote for it.  But someone was complaining about the whole process earlier this year and even suggested that we DO pay to vote.   ::)  I can't really explain what I think of THAT "idea" without getting a Warning, so I won't even try.   #P  I simply feel that IF it would skew the vote towards something that I'm not going to help fund, then why bother voting?  Granted, like I did with the Resculpts of the Flashman and Highlander, I bought them once they were Produced and I Might buy any of the ones on the Poll that later get made.  However, I didn't vote for either one, and I don't believe we should even have Resculpts as an option for the Poll, much less to be voted on.  As I've stated before, there are SO MANY other designs that have yet to see "life" as a Mini, Period, much less that have had a chance at a 1st/2nd Resculpt.  Currently, only the Atlas and Blood Asp have been sculpted 3 times (NOT counting Variants), but quite a few others are on their 2nd Sculpt.

Again, while I LOVE the work B-3 has been doing, I Personally don't feel right voting for something to be funded that I won't pitch in a dime to get made, even if I might buy them once they're produced and released.
To me, Repros are 100% Wrong, and there's NO  room for me to give ground on this subject. I'm not just an Immovable Object on this, I'm THE Immovable Object. 3D Prints are just 3D Repros.

beachhead1985

• Major
  • 1st SOG; SLDF. "McKenna's Marauders"
    • Kilroy's Wall
« Reply #6 on: 22 December 2015, 09:55:35 »
Well, it looks like nothing I want will be made, this quarter at least, but I could care less. The only thing that'll stop me from chipping in is if it get's funded before I can toss my hat in the ring.
Epitaph on an Army of Mercenaries

These, in the day when heaven was falling,      Their shoulders held the sky suspended;
The hour when earth's foundations fled,         They stood, and earth's foundations stay;
Followed their mercenary calling,               What God abandoned, these defended,
And took their wages, and are dead.             And saved the sum of things for pay.

A.E. Housman

mdauben

• Lieutenant
  • MARAUDERS!!!
« Reply #7 on: 22 December 2015, 10:11:43 »
While I don't feel quite as strongly as Beachead or Grud, I have to admit compared to the previous FF poll, I'm not that excited about any of these.  I'll probably pick up the Bakeneko if its selected, just becuase its a Kurita mech and I can always use one in my SOL battalion but none of the things I actually wanted made the poll.   :-\
Mike

7th Sword of Light - House Hiritsu - 3rd Bear Guards

DarkISI

• Praedonum Dominus
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • https://amzn.to/3Dm3bvj
    • My Author Website
« Reply #8 on: 22 December 2015, 10:26:33 »
Yeah, I feel the same. The two top votes are nothing I will buy. But we have the Black Wolf in third place right now. Need more BAs ;)
Since people can like different units, there is always the chance that some people will not get the ones made they like the most, or even that minis get made you don't care about one bit. The next poll can be quite different, though. Perhaps I will like every single option, perhaps I will like none. Not everything can be made, not everything that gets made will be everybody's favorite.
There is nothing that can be changed about that, there is nothing I would want to change about that. As long as we get to vote and the voting process is fair, that's absolutely the way it should be :)
German novelist and part time Battletech writer.

HPG Station - German Battletech News

"if they didn't want to be stomped to death by a psychotic gang of battlemechs, they shouldn't have fallen down" - Liam's Ghost

TigerShark

• Major
    • MekWars: Dominion
« Reply #9 on: 22 December 2015, 11:54:20 »
I appear to be the only one who's content with the results (so far).  O0 Shocker, huh?
  W W W . M E K W A R S - D O M I N I O N . C O M

"You will fight to the last soldier, and when you die, I will call upon your damned soul to speak horrible curses at the enemy."
     - Orders of Emperor Stefan Amaris to his troops

IronSphinx

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
  • Robots!!!
    • PlayBattletech
« Reply #10 on: 22 December 2015, 12:14:04 »
Honestly, I voted for the Bakeneko and the Firefly Resculpt (tho I'd rather see a Hoplite resculpt), so if either wins, I'm happy.  :)
Charles "IronSphinx" Wilson (CDT #66)
=======================
Want to find a Battletech game in Michigan?
Go to www.playbattletech.org.

mdauben

• Lieutenant
  • MARAUDERS!!!
« Reply #11 on: 22 December 2015, 12:56:04 »
There is always the chance that some people will not get the ones made they like the most, or even that minis get made you don't care about one bit.
Oh, certainly!  These things made the poll becuase people wanted them, and in the end the ones that win the poll even more so.  Just becasuse I'm not excited about this selection does not make them bad by any means. 
Mike

7th Sword of Light - House Hiritsu - 3rd Bear Guards

beachhead1985

• Major
    • Kilroy's Wall
« Reply #12 on: 22 December 2015, 15:28:52 »
Well, the Bakeneko, I can't even picture in my head, but the Dragoon is just the sort of thing I like to see; filling in the historical gaps of the IP.

These, in the day when heaven was falling,      Their shoulders held the sky suspended;
The hour when earth's foundations fled,         They stood, and earth's foundations stay;
Followed their mercenary calling,               What God abandoned, these defended,
And took their wages, and are dead.             And saved the sum of things for pay.

A.E. Housman

TigerShark

• Major
« Reply #13 on: 22 December 2015, 15:32:00 »
Well, the Bakeneko, I can't even picture in my head, but the Dragoon is just the sort of thing I like to see; filling in the historical gaps of the IP.

It's basically a re-sculpt of the Phoenix Hawk re-seen. They share a lot of commonalities, though it looks quite different in the details. Same, overall shape, though.

"You will fight to the last soldier, and when you die, I will call upon your damned soul to speak horrible curses at the enemy."

Maingunnery

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Pirates and C3 masters are on the hitlist
« Reply #14 on: 22 December 2015, 15:41:05 »
I appear to be the only one who's content with the results (so far).  O0 Shocker, huh?
Well with this wave of support for the Dragoon, maybe will see more Liberation of Terra miniatures among the regular releases of 2016.
Herb: "Well, now I guess we'll HAVE to print it. Sounds almost like the apocalypse I've been working for...."

The Society:Fan XTRO & Field Manual
Nebula California: HyperTube Xtreme
Nebula Confederation Ships

TigerShark

• Major
« Reply #15 on: 22 December 2015, 15:52:29 »
Well with this wave of support for the Dragoon, maybe will see more Liberation of Terra miniatures among the regular releases of 2016.

Definitely hope so!! :-D

Though it saddens me that the Dragoon miniature will see some sort of 1st Succession Wars paint job, instead of a proper, Amaris Dragoons camo scheme. But the fact that it will even exist is enough for me to jump for joy!

cavingjan

• Spelunca Custos
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
    • warrenborn
« Reply #16 on: 22 December 2015, 15:54:18 »
That would depend upon how well the Dragoon sells. If it outsells other newer releases, you might have a chance at that.

mike19k

• Lieutenant
« Reply #17 on: 22 December 2015, 15:56:08 »
I voted for both BA, as nothing else really caught my eye. I am not a fan of re-sculpting tell everything has one, and the non-resculpts I could not place a single mech. Not sure if that is telling me that I am out of touch with the BT universe or not but you win some and you lose some. I would say this time for me at least it is a minor loss. As I will not help fund them and probably not buy them any time soon but at least they are new units.

beachhead1985

• Major
    • Kilroy's Wall
« Reply #18 on: 22 December 2015, 17:55:19 »
It's basically a re-sculpt of the Phoenix Hawk re-seen. They share a lot of commonalities, though it looks quite different in the details. Same, overall shape, though.

No wonder I'm confused. I think the PHX has gotta be challenging the MAD now for mechs based on it. Just recently we have added the Phoenix Hawk-L and I was also certain the Argotera was a Phoenix Hawk relative.

I'd be thrilled with that.

Definitely hope so!! :-D

Though it saddens me that the Dragoon miniature will see some sort of 1st Succession Wars paint job, instead of a proper, Amaris Dragoons camo scheme. But the fact that it will even exist is enough for me to jump for joy!

I'm not tracking on why the Dragoon would be in a 1SSW army except as a curiosity. I thought they were nearly extinct and obsolete after the war?

A.E. Housman

TigerShark

• Major
« Reply #19 on: 22 December 2015, 18:03:02 »
I'm not tracking on why the Dragoon would be in a 1SSW army except as a curiosity. I thought they were nearly extinct and obsolete after the war?

None of the Dragoons accompanied Kerensky on his exile. They were no longer being manufactured after 2778, but the remaining examples and salvage went to the Houses. It's a throw-away line in the Dragoon's fluff, I believe.
« Last Edit: 22 December 2015, 18:20:27 by TigerShark »

cavingjan

• Spelunca Custos
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
    • warrenborn
« Reply #20 on: 22 December 2015, 18:40:27 »
Not exactly. Only a "relative handful" survived the post-Liberation purge. Most likely they were in the hands of mercs and/or pirates. It doesn't sound like the houses still had any and the SL/TH certainly didn't. You will certainly see them as Extinct by the time of the late succession war if it doesn't get tagged as extinct earlier.

BCullen

• Private
« Reply #21 on: 22 December 2015, 19:31:49 »
I'm glad to see the Black Wolf doing as well as it is, though I was really hoping that it or the Cuchulainn would have made it through. We really need more BA and those are two of my all time favorites. Hopefully the support will continue through until next time. That being said, of all the mechs on the list, I'm happy to see the Bakeneko where it is.

GRUD

• Captain
« Reply #22 on: 23 December 2015, 04:50:57 »
While I don't feel quite as strongly as Beachead or Grud, I have to admit compared to the previous FF poll, I'm not that excited about any of these.
Yeah, in the first Poll, if the Primitive Griffin and Rifleman hadn't even made the Poll, there were a few others I would have voted for and helped fund.  NONE of the Resculpts though.  This Poll?  Yeah, nothing really grabs me.   :-\  One of the two that I nominated didn't even make the Vote, and since the other didn't even make the Poll that tells me they already have plans for it.   O0  Quad-Vee for the Win!   :D

Lorcan Nagle

• 75 tons of heavy metal mayhem
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • We're back, baby!
« Reply #23 on: 23 December 2015, 05:29:08 »
No wonder I'm confused. I think the PHX has gotta be challenging the MAD now for mechs based on it. Just recently we have added the Phoenix Hawk-L and I was also certain the Argotera was a Phoenix Hawk relative.
I'd be thrilled with that.

The Bakeneko (which was my vote) is also utter gorgeousness and a really nice unit for the tabletop to boot.  It's in Historical: Wars of the Republic Era.
The moderator formerly known as the user formerly known as nenechan

Xavaron

• Recruit
« Reply #24 on: 23 December 2015, 22:22:11 »
Can't say I'm happy with the results so far. After the blood kite just missed getting a desperately needed resulpt last year, it's not even close to the cut? Nothing but frustration from here.

beachhead1985

• Major
    • Kilroy's Wall
« Reply #25 on: 23 December 2015, 22:45:27 »
Well Xavaron, no saying this is how it runs this year, but last year we did one poll and ran the results all year; one after the other. It doesn't say one way or the other on the guidelines, but that may well be the way we do it this year; assuming 4 quarters and 2 models each quarter, it could be the top 8 get done in order, leaving just my Aerofighters out on the cold.

Or we may do a fresh suggestion and poll each quarter, we shall see.

I most note that I cannot recall if in FF 2.0 Wave 1/2015, we set it up that way from the beginning though. At the moment all we know is that the Dragoon and Bakeneko will likely win; there are 3 more quarters in the year though, my friend; a lot can happen. Assume even a worst case scenario; fewer quarters, or fewer models; the blood kite was still reasonably popular and it started very strong; it's been up before and likely will be again. Don't loose hope.

And I agree with you that the model could be improved.

A.E. Housman

Savage Coyote

• CamoSpecs
  • Captain
  • 저는 미술 선생님 입니다.
« Reply #26 on: 23 December 2015, 22:49:00 »
Yeah, this will save me money.  I need/want none of the leaders and none of the ones I voted for/suggested are in the running. 

Good luck to those who are excited and willing to put money up for these guys!

mike19k

• Lieutenant
« Reply #27 on: 23 December 2015, 23:04:28 »
Can't say I'm happy with the results so far. After the blood kite just missed getting a desperately needed resulpt last year, it's not even close to the cut? Nothing but frustration from here.

I do not have one, and so have only seen it on there webpage. What is wrong with the Bood Kite? From what I can see it looks like the art.

beachhead1985

• Major
    • Kilroy's Wall
« Reply #28 on: 23 December 2015, 23:23:05 »
I do not have one, and so have only seen it on there webpage. What is wrong with the Bood Kite? From what I can see it looks like the art.

This may not be the best place for it, but as I understand it; it's rather a similar case to the Highlander, in that the art it was based on wasn't very good and better art (3067) has since come out. Also there are issues of scale, which matters a lot to some people. If you're a Blood Spirit fan, extinct or not, it's also your totem mech and the near top of the line, so you want something that looks great, not just *meh*.

A.E. Housman

Wotan

• Lieutenant
« Reply #29 on: 24 December 2015, 08:29:45 »
As long as there are so many designs in all timelines that haven't any sculpt, resculpts aren't that high on my priority. That said, i nevertheless like the Highlander, the Flashman is ok and Firefly, Hoplite, Annihilator, Imp or whatever would be worth to consider - new minis are still better. ;)
Just my two cent.