Author Topic: Wars of Reaving: Sovetskii Soyuz-class Divine Conquest  (Read 2441 times)

BrokenMnemonic

• Lieutenant
Wars of Reaving: Sovetskii Soyuz-class Divine Conquest
« on: 28 March 2013, 05:51:00 »
I'm afraid I have another spotter question relating to one of the WarShips in the Wars of Reaving. I've done a search of the forums and can't see anything related at the moment.

In the Wars of Reaving the Sovetskii Soyuz-class heavy cruiser CSA Divine Conquest is mentioned as being present in two battles; the first is an attempted Trial of Possession in the Tamaron system in 3072 (page 112), and the second is the purging of Tanis in late 3074 (page 144). Is this correct? I only ask because the description of the battle at Tamaron describes the Texas-class battleship CCS Ancestral Home gutting the Divine Conquest from "stem to stern" and leaves the Tamaron system squarely in the hands of the Coyotes, which sounds like a difficult situation from which to recover and repair the Divine Conquest.

It's more interesting than optimal, and therefore better. O0 - Weirdo

GhostBear

• Minister of Assimilation, TOG Empire
  • Captain
  • And....out.
    • One world at a time...
Re: Wars of Reaving: Sovetskii Soyuz-class Divine Conquest
« Reply #1 on: 28 March 2013, 08:11:55 »
I'm afraid I have another spotter question relating to one of the WarShips in the Wars of Reaving. I've done a search of the forums and can't see anything related at the moment.

In the Wars of Reaving the Sovetskii Soyuz-class heavy cruiser CSA Divine Conquest is mentioned as being present in two battles; the first is an attempted Trial of Possession in the Tamaron system in 3072 (page 112), and the second is the purging of Tanis in late 3074 (page 144). Is this correct? I only ask because the description of the battle at Tamaron describes the Texas-class battleship CCS Ancestral Home gutting the Divine Conquest from "stem to stern" and leaves the Tamaron system squarely in the hands of the Coyotes, which sounds like a difficult situation from which to recover and repair the Divine Conquest.

It is correct. Between 3072 and 3074, the Vipers salvaged the Conquest and utilize her at Tanis in some capacity.
Eh.

BrokenMnemonic

• Lieutenant
Re: Wars of Reaving: Sovetskii Soyuz-class Divine Conquest
« Reply #2 on: 28 March 2013, 13:42:08 »
Thank you :)

I was almost hoping you'd say "whoops, that should've been the Nygaard at Tanis" because the absence of the Divine Conquest from the list of active vessels in the Star Adder touman in 3085 could then be easily explained as it simply being unrecoverable after Tamaron, but that's just the completist in me wanting to know what happened to everything.

Thank you again for your forebearance in answering all my questions!

It's more interesting than optimal, and therefore better. O0 - Weirdo