Author Topic: Mac's Shieldbreakers  (Read 9055 times)

Deathknight69

• Captain
  • Supernaturalizing the universe !!
Mac's Shieldbreakers
« on: 02 January 2023, 02:54:55 »
Steven "Mac" MacHollister was disavowed and disenfranchised after resigning his commission from the 2nd Royal Guards RCT following the battles for Tharkad in '67. (He was able to get his BNC-5S Banshee repaired before getting off-world) Now, still thinking like a LAAF Kommandant he decided to try his hand as a mercenary, so he took "St. Lucifer" to Outreach and see about mercenary work. He ran into an somewhat disreputable looking 'Mechjock who told him to check with Interstellar Expeditions for some work to get his feet wet in the business. So he wandered over to their offices and met with a very nice rep who sent him to the recruiting department where his application was filed and reference's were input and checked (it took about a week). IE put him up in a low to middle class hotel for a couple of weeks encouraging him to look into classes at the Dragoons Outreach training facilities while he waited for word on an assignment.

He avoided any unpleasant interactions with anyone by hanging around the training grounds and the IE offices while he waited. The Dragoons training facilities helped to keep his edge sharp and he started to make acquaintances with a few other IE contractor's. Those budding working relations were put thru there first test when Mac and a few others were given a smash and grab mission on Keid. It seems that IE wanted to send a message to Kallon Industries about interfering with IE operations. IE put together an assault team for the raid that included St. Lucifer, a Cyclops, an Orion, a Dragon, a brace of Pegasus hovers, a brace of Myrmidon medium tanks and a brace of Maxim hover transports w some infantry.
« Last Edit: 27 December 2023, 02:42:02 by Deathknight69 »
"Remember kids, Ammo explosion's are as much fun as friendly fire and incoming fire has the right-of-way." - ShadowSeraph
Avatar by Wombat, Thanks again to the blue fuzzy marsupial of wanton destruction.
"SRM Carrier. It's actual combat value is irrelevant; the face of a player when one of their 'mechs takes a point-blank shot from one is priceless!  ^-^" - Fireangel
"What's a little canon-deviation amongst friends and enemies" - Self
Quote from: DarkSpade on August 10, 2022, 15:23:40
If you think about it, the perfect merc lives long enough to complete the objective, but not long enough to get paid.
Well, there's an Obi-Wan level point of view comment for you ...  xp
« Last Edit: August 10, 2022, 15:35:06 by Wolf72 »

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
Re: Mac's Shieldbreakers
« Reply #1 on: 02 January 2023, 07:11:38 »
What could possibly go wrong?  ::)

Deathknight69

• Captain
« Reply #2 on: 02 January 2023, 16:24:13 »
Daryk: We know what could go wrong, I'm keeping a certain someone out of things as much I can just to keep the unit alive as long as possible.
"Remember kids, Ammo explosion's are as much fun as friendly fire and incoming fire has the right-of-way." - ShadowSeraph
Avatar by Wombat, Thanks again to the blue fuzzy marsupial of wanton destruction.
"SRM Carrier. It's actual combat value is irrelevant; the face of a player when one of their 'mechs takes a point-blank shot from one is priceless!  ^-^" - Fireangel
If you think about it, the perfect merc lives long enough to complete the objective, but not long enough to get paid.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #3 on: 02 January 2023, 16:32:12 »
 ;D >:D

Good luck with that!  :D

Deathknight69

• Captain
« Reply #4 on: 02 January 2023, 20:14:40 »
I'm doing good so far, it's still early in the campaign and unit history so fingers are crossed.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #5 on: 02 January 2023, 20:21:01 »
Glad to hear it, and I'll keep my fingers crossed for you too!  :thumbsup:

DOC_Agren

• Major
« Reply #6 on: 02 January 2023, 21:03:05 »
tagging in to watch and learn how tt gets involved.  8)
"For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast, And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed:And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill, And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!"

Deathknight69

• Captain
« Reply #7 on: 10 March 2023, 23:07:33 »
Well he hasn't been invited or gotten involved yet so there's hope springing eternal  :) .

snakespinner

• Captain
« Reply #8 on: 11 March 2023, 17:56:31 »
Is it true that TT has been working 24/7 on a unit that will bring happiness and joy to your game. >:D
I wish I could get a good grip on reality, then I would choke it.
Growing old is inevitable,
Growing up is optional.
Watching TrueToaster create evil genius, priceless...everything else is just sub-par.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #9 on: 11 March 2023, 17:57:51 »
Fingers still crossed...  ^-^

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
« Reply #10 on: 11 March 2023, 19:11:17 »
Trollin', trollin', trollin' down to this thread...

Merrily, merrily, merrily lightin' a...

Head!

Howdy girls, miss me?

Toot-a-loo now...

Ever present,
Truetanker
« Last Edit: 11 March 2023, 19:12:53 by truetanker »
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #11 on: 11 March 2023, 19:25:59 »
Is it true that TT has been working 24/7 on a unit that will bring happiness and joy to your game. >:D

I have a unit ready... but it's not for him.

Galaxy Commander, "Eugene" Cobra

>:D
TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016

Deathknight69

• Captain
« Reply #12 on: 11 March 2023, 22:43:14 »

Nope, not true.

Deathknight69

• Captain
« Reply #13 on: 11 March 2023, 23:55:54 »
Well the Shieldbreakers have started to make a name for themselves with the successful completion of the smash and smash raid on the Kallon Industries warehouse's on Keid. The only downside was when the Dragon blundered into a cul-de-sac and got throat punched by a pair of SRM carrier's. There wasn't enough left to scoop up into a doggie bag. Ouch !! The upside was basically stealing a re-fitted Whammer by threatening it at ER PPC-point -> "Join or die" - She joined.

Turns out that a little refitting goes a long way. Savannah's Cyclops got some new-ish weaponry along with Markus' Orion. The Whammer had been re-fitted to -8D standard. The armor helped a ton and even killed a Trebuchet and a Wolfhound. When the boss wasn't looking we loaded the wrecked Treb and Wolfie into the dropper and hauled ass outta there.

The next contract is taking us to Styk in the Cap Con to blow up another bldg.

Stay tuned for more ...
« Last Edit: 12 March 2023, 20:01:25 by Deathknight69 »

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #14 on: 11 March 2023, 23:57:53 »
He jests...

Oh DK?

Have I told you about our Lord and Savior, Jerome Blake? While I may be just one of many, a disciple of him, but let me tell you what brother, he saved my life. And he can save yours as well, embrace the warmth of his eternal glow and rejoice in his Light! I Have and Behold! (rips off clothing, shows full cyborgian body) My true inner peace. Peace of Blake be unto you as we live and bathe in his external loving embrace! **Self detonates with a Elias Nuclear Grenade**

TT
« Last Edit: 12 March 2023, 00:19:20 by truetanker »
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse

Deathknight69

• Captain
« Reply #15 on: 12 March 2023, 00:02:40 »
Yeah, No thanks !! I'll definitely pass on joining with your master and lord - the toaster king.

snakespinner

• Captain
« Reply #16 on: 12 March 2023, 19:52:30 »
Toast for all. :D :beer:
Growing up is optional.
Watching TrueToaster create evil genius, priceless...everything else is just sub-par.

Deathknight69

• Captain
« Reply #17 on: 19 March 2023, 17:17:57 »
No, not toast for all  >:(

I'm keeping Tt outta this thing for now, he doesn't need the encouragement, lol

snakespinner

• Captain
« Reply #18 on: 19 March 2023, 17:46:43 »
Sounds like your going to have an enjoyable game. Have fun and keep your front door locked in case TT comes knocking. :thumbsup: :beer:
Growing up is optional.

DOC_Agren

• Major
« Reply #19 on: 19 March 2023, 20:20:20 »
Sounds like your going to have an enjoyable game. Have fun and keep your front door locked in case TT comes knocking. :thumbsup: :beer:
No he needs to be barricaded in Bank Vault or better yet deep down where the Star Gate program was kept underground Cheyenne Mountain Complex.
"For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast, And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed:And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill, And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!"

Deathknight69

• Captain
« Reply #20 on: 19 March 2023, 20:39:36 »
No he needs to be barricaded in Bank Vault or better yet deep down where the Star Gate program was kept underground Cheyenne Mountain Complex.

No, even deeper like the core of the planet !! Someplace where his glowing personality can be fully appreciated, Lol.

DOC_Agren

• Major
« Reply #21 on: 19 March 2023, 20:59:29 »
No, even deeper like the core of the planet !! Someplace where his glowing personality can be fully appreciated, Lol.
I was refering to u, not TT..  I don't want him locked in Cheyenne Mountain Complex with the buttons that WOB love to push  :thumbsup:

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #22 on: 20 March 2023, 02:36:49 »
I was refering to u, not TT..  I don't want him locked in Cheyenne Mountain Complex with the buttons that WOB love to push  :thumbsup:

:'(  :-\  :'(  :-\  :'( xp :thumbsup: >:D

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse

DOC_Agren

• Major
« Reply #23 on: 20 March 2023, 11:08:00 »

TT
much love TT
 :beer:

snakespinner

• Captain
« Reply #24 on: 20 March 2023, 17:18:56 »
What could go wrong. TT in Cheyenne mountain complex with so many red buttons to push. :drool: Shiny.
Growing up is optional.

Deathknight69

• Captain
« Reply #25 on: 20 March 2023, 20:25:09 »
@Snakespinner: You know damn well what the possibilities are for our certain nuke-happy friend being in a place like that !!

Deathknight69

• Captain
« Reply #26 on: 20 March 2023, 20:37:42 »
Well I got the "Payback" scenario done with minimal damage/losses - Yay me, Lol. I did trade some fire with the Syn's Hussars patrol but didn't beat'em up to badly. I did wallop the Tao Mechworks idiot's though, heh heh. That was fun. Even managed to kill the comm tower in an orderly fashion. When that was done I high-tailed it outta dodge to make good the withdrawal and boogied out of Capellan space.

No major damage to any of the Shieldbreakers and I like me some Pegasus scout hovertank's. They came in real handy when the CCAF kids showed up. The Pegasus' ecm suites were very helpful screwing up the Capellan targeting so they didn't hit for beans. Yay ! I almost scored some spiffy new Capellan toys but time ran out, Bummer.

On to "The Skye Is Falling!" for the next track.

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #27 on: 21 March 2023, 01:32:52 »

much love TT
 :beer:

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse

DOC_Agren

• Major
« Reply #28 on: 21 March 2023, 04:13:15 »
 :o ;D 8) ??? :thumbsup:

snakespinner

• Captain
« Reply #29 on: 21 March 2023, 19:24:56 »
Pity about the salvage DK, better luck next track. :thumbsup:
Growing up is optional.

Deathknight69

• Captain
« Reply #30 on: 09 April 2023, 22:18:15 »
The unit was stationed on Skye for a security job when the 5 of February 3068 an invasion from the FWL hit Skye. Duke Kelswa-Steiner called every militia and mercenary unit on-planet to Skye's defense. Their first mission was to take out and old abandoned LAAF airbase in some swamp and had been bombing the capital with the help of a lance from the Fourth Skye Rangers. The mercenaries caught the Sirian Lancers by surprise and hammered them hard before they could get on track. Mac and the rest of the command lance pounded the standby fighters while the rest of the unit hit everything else. They mauled them and took most of the FWL units down. Only a couple of hovertanks and a badly shot-up Trebuchet got away into the swamp, and some of the Rangers' aerospace boys finished the job the next day. The Lancers were gone two days later. IE wrapped things up quickly, and the Shieldbreaker's got off-planet ASAP. Mac thought that something stunk about this Leaguer assault. The list of the FWL equipment found after the Shieldbreaker's assault was much better than expected. He though the FWL had found another source for equipment, and his leading candidate was the Word of Blake.

We did take a lot of damage during this fight, hopefully the "acquired salvage" will make up for it. St. Lucifer (Mac's Banshee) needs some new guns for starters, The Cyclops and Whammer-8D both suffered internally, the rest of the unit took armor damage. I'm looking thru the spare parts to see what I can put on the Banshee - It won't be stock anymore.
« Last Edit: 09 April 2023, 22:28:04 by Deathknight69 »

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #31 on: 10 April 2023, 12:48:32 »
Hmm..

Praise Herb and pass the Nuclear!

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse

DOC_Agren

• Major
« Reply #32 on: 10 April 2023, 19:12:09 »
I'm thinking your enemies found a supplier named TT the Wobble Dealer  8)

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #33 on: 10 April 2023, 19:59:05 »
I'm thinking your enemies found a supplier named Mr. Pi the Wobble Dealer  8)

Fixed for you...

Mr. Pi
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse

Deathknight69

• Captain
« Reply #34 on: 07 September 2023, 23:10:36 »
Well Mr. Pi The WoBblie dealer didn't do a thing positive for me. The unit does still live, Mac's Banshee still needs weapons. The unit has taken flight from Skye only to land at Hesperus Galatea to use some contacts for possible jobs and acquire some more bodies and equipment. So, The Shieldbreakers are currently looking for work and bodies, equipment, et cetera for a few months on Galatea.
« Last Edit: 07 September 2023, 23:42:51 by Deathknight69 »

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #35 on: 08 September 2023, 21:31:17 »
Looks like we, the Word of Blake need to clean up what the Clans say, " Isola ", Individuals, Supplies, OR LAnd. A hard scortch earth clean up that'll take centuries to reclaim for the local indigenous population...

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse

Deathknight69

• Captain
« Reply #36 on: 10 September 2023, 00:00:46 »
While I'm working out what to do next track-wise, I've done a little rp-ing to build up the unit some. I added a mixed vee lance of 2 Myrmidon's and 2 Striker's for starters, and acquired 2 squads of Gray Death standard BA (Laser) jockey's. Gotta find a Maxim or two to haul them around with. I did also acquire a stripped MAD-5A chassis to find an engine and gyro for until I can get the Banshee re-armed.

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #37 on: 10 September 2023, 00:03:48 »
Rando rolls and a master sheet?

How much dough per roll you burning?

Whatcha got as current TO&E?

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #38 on: 10 September 2023, 06:12:13 »
A Heavy Hover APC should do the trick for quite bit fewer C-Bills... :)

Deathknight69

• Captain
« Reply #39 on: 14 September 2023, 19:20:03 »
Current TO&E for the Shieldbreakers circa April '68;

Mech Lance:

MAD-5A Marauder II, CP-11-G Cyclops, ON1-K Orion, WHM-8D Warhammer, SHD-5M Shadow Hawk, WVR-7M Wolverine

Vehicle Lance's;

Fire Support: 2 Myrmidon Medium Tank, 2 Striker Light Tank

Recon: 2 Pegasus Scout Hovertank, 2 Heavy Hover APC each w/ a squad of Gray Death standard Laser BA

This is the cleaned up and repaired unit at the moment...

Stormrider

• Sergeant
  • To each his own unless I'm running the show.
« Reply #40 on: 14 September 2023, 20:02:28 »
We're looking at what track to do next, spit-ballin' idea's as to where and when, etc.

All hail the god of war!!

Avatar by ShadowRaven. Thanks SR.

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #41 on: 14 September 2023, 20:20:30 »
Simple garrison?

Minor supply raid?

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse

Stormrider

• Sergeant
« Reply #42 on: 14 September 2023, 23:03:04 »
We're not sure yet, that's why we're going over idea's

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #43 on: 15 September 2023, 11:02:20 »
Then I bid Whispersv of Blake in a Trial of Possession...

:tongue:
 :evil:
:angel:
TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse

Deathknight69

• Captain
« Reply #44 on: 15 September 2023, 13:05:18 »
You ain't gonna bid anything TT !! I forbid you from implementing any thing or things that will adversely affect the unit and campaign !!

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #45 on: 15 September 2023, 13:15:12 »
 :angry:

Boo-Hiss!

TT

Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse

Horsemen

• Four for the price of one!
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Master Sergeant
  • CDT Agent #191
« Reply #46 on: 16 September 2023, 20:14:51 »
We're not sure yet, that's why we're going over idea's

What are your options?

Deathknight69

• Captain
« Reply #47 on: 17 September 2023, 02:10:32 »
Run some book track's, do a home built track, do down-time to recruit and build up the unit.

Horsemen

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Master Sergeant
  • CDT Agent #191
« Reply #48 on: 17 September 2023, 02:49:46 »
Which book tracks out of curiosity?

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #49 on: 17 September 2023, 11:19:22 »
Sharpens his grinder for fresh meat...

:angel:
TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse

Deathknight69

• Captain
« Reply #50 on: 17 September 2023, 16:27:48 »
@Horsesmen: "Game On!", "Golden Goose" or "Full Metal Press". One of these 3 would be the next book track to run. If we decide to do a book track, question is which one to do ? All have benefits to parlay into the unit and will serve to launch the unit to even more glory and prestige !

It's a question of what to do and the way to do it ?
« Last Edit: 17 September 2023, 16:32:27 by Deathknight69 »

Deathknight69

• Captain
« Reply #51 on: 17 September 2023, 16:37:02 »
If I parrot "Gannon's Cannons" I'll be doing some serious hand-waving of actual in-game jumpship transit times and burn to and from planetside times to accomplish them the way the Cannons did. Because factoring in actual gameplay stuff that way means not being able to follow the Cannons track by track.

Deathknight69

• Captain
« Reply #52 on: 17 September 2023, 16:52:13 »
So it'll be up to Stormrider and I to figure out what we want to accomplish and how to go about it.

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #53 on: 17 September 2023, 17:09:25 »
*Sticks his nose in... Sniffs, wanders around a bit...*

(Truetanker imitating Wombat)

:grin:

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse

Stormrider

• Sergeant
« Reply #54 on: 17 September 2023, 19:29:35 »
We're hashing idea's and we'll move on it soon.

Horsemen

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Master Sergeant
  • CDT Agent #191
« Reply #55 on: 17 September 2023, 20:25:32 »
@Horsesmen: "Game On!", "Golden Goose" or "Full Metal Press". One of these 3 would be the next book track to run. If we decide to do a book track, question is which one to do ? All have benefits to parlay into the unit and will serve to launch the unit to even more glory and prestige !

It's a question of what to do and the way to do it ?

Golden Goose was a lot of fun. I've run it twice with one of them being a combined BT and CBT/MW3 RPG. I also like it given the options for the next tracks.

Stormrider

• Sergeant
« Reply #56 on: 17 September 2023, 20:33:21 »
It is the one we're leaning towards again. We've tried it before with Dk69's previous units.

Deathknight69

• Captain
« Reply #57 on: 21 September 2023, 02:04:10 »
"We're heading to Solaris folks", "Game On" will be the next track to run.

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #58 on: 21 September 2023, 12:14:16 »
Can you guys run a Solaris game or several?

I nominate Freeborn Nova Commander Pi, 38 male, hailing from Clan Hell's Horses in a SLDF-era Thug- 11Eb Reich edition, Zellbrigen Stables. He prefers long-range but quick and dirty if need be, also like to run cool in battle. Fair skills that are cold calculative, competitive when needed, currently on a self winning streak, follows opportunistic rules in life, be it combat or other. Some say his genetic codex is part Scorpion, part Shark but all Horse.

His mech was a captured SLDF-era Scorpion relic, that Pi isola'd from during a raid, trading in his damaged Stormcrow Omni for it, he quickly mastered the unit's simplicity. Lacking parts to comply with his new machine, he bartered his way to Solaris, whereas the former Seeker pilot became the technician. Currently, Pi has a running streak of two wins favoring him...

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse

Horsemen

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Master Sergeant
  • CDT Agent #191
« Reply #59 on: 21 September 2023, 16:32:26 »
"We're heading to Solaris folks", "Game On" will be the next track to run.

Grin! Have fun!

Deathknight69

• Captain
« Reply #60 on: 22 September 2023, 19:49:18 »
Sorry TT, It's not that kind of campaign.

Stormrider

• Sergeant
« Reply #61 on: 22 September 2023, 19:57:58 »
We started to play out "Game On" earlier and so far it's a back and forth kinda situation ...

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #62 on: 23 September 2023, 12:14:32 »
Wha?

Your in Solaris and don't attend to a Match?

Ye gabs man...

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse

Stormrider

• Sergeant
« Reply #63 on: 24 September 2023, 02:36:18 »
He's not there to attend matches brother TT. He's there to be shown the enlightenment that we want him to envision.

Deathknight69

• Captain
« Reply #64 on: 24 September 2023, 02:57:22 »
Yeah TT, Y'all tried to enlighten the Shieldbreakers but that didn't go so well for you mooks, ha ha ha  :smilie_happy_clapping: .

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #65 on: 24 September 2023, 12:38:17 »
Should run the Riots Stormy...

Be part of the action!

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse

Stormrider

• Sergeant
« Reply #66 on: 24 September 2023, 20:52:06 »
I'll keep that in mind TT. Well the butcher's bill will be posted shortly.

Deathknight69

• Captain
« Reply #67 on: 25 September 2023, 01:10:46 »
IE next sent the Shieldbreakers to defend an excavation from Yoris University Amalgamated (a group belonging to IE) in Solaris beneath the dark sands of the Tangerine Desert. So on the 16th of June 3068 they were in the first line of the WoB Operation SHOWTIME, and were attacked by unmarked raiders, later identified as elements of the invading 25th Division with possible mercenary support. Though they were able to save the team, the site itself was heavily damaged. The unit was able to make the attacking force retreat after that, though suffering moderate to heavy damage. Three of the unit's 'Mechs were heavily damaged and the other three took moderate damage, and the armor lances suffered some damage to their rides.

The battle armor troopers managed to knee-cap the enemy C.O.'s Highlander causing it to fall and get massive criticals - It was holed pretty good before it fell over - fall damage made it go BOOM !! (Lol). They were able to strip any usable parts from the raiders' mechs - salvaging a Wraith, a Guillotine, and a crashed Yellow Jacket to use for themselves. I might have been able to get more but the bad guys started to self-destruct themselves to prevent capture aside from the combat killed Wraith, Guillotine and Yellow Jacket. The Orion, Warhammer, Shadow Hawk and Wolverine all sustained either engine or gyro crippling damage and the Cyclops and Marauder II took a lot of armor and some internal structure damage each.

We noticed that these guys were really bad at hiding the fact that they were the WoB come to Solaris. They were sloppy in trying to false-flag that fact with bad paint jobs and bad IFF codes and logs. We know now that the WoB' 25th Division is on Solaris for a while. I wonder what the game world holds for the WoB ?? Maybe they got a lot of bets riding on whatever they're attempting to do to the Inner Sphere and want to safeguard the bank as it were ???

Stormrider

• Sergeant
« Reply #68 on: 27 September 2023, 01:57:33 »
Yeah, My dice went back to normal at the most inopportune times during the battle... I had the Shieldbreakers back to the proverbial wall and then the dice turn against the desire's of our blessed order, grrrr. I had them down to three functional 'mechs and their vee's were retreating, the battle armor was scattered. I'm surprised that I knocked the Orion down and my dice turned. Then I couldn't hit anything and when the Highlander went down I knew it was over at that point.
« Last Edit: 27 September 2023, 21:47:28 by Stormrider »

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #69 on: 27 September 2023, 11:43:17 »
See...

If you only had Pi instead of cake...

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse

Stormrider

• Sergeant
« Reply #70 on: 27 September 2023, 21:48:36 »
Lol, Funny TT, Fun-nee  :rolleyes: .

Deathknight69

• Captain
« Reply #71 on: 28 September 2023, 17:40:15 »
I have a little question ?? How to intergrate some captured WoB battle armor into the unit ?? I can salvage four Longinus suits and two Purifier suits outta the two Level I 's that were a part of the bad guys force.

Any thoughts guys ??

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #72 on: 28 September 2023, 18:22:00 »
Which versions and how many...

Because if their really close, I'd saw two units of Three.

Purifier and twin Longinus, but based on variant, I can't tell.

Unless they are officially stripped / modified out to a different weapon load, your stuck.

Or use the Purifier as a Scout unit.. slowly moving. And the Longinus as Support?

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse

Stormrider

• Sergeant
« Reply #73 on: 28 September 2023, 18:38:43 »
Purifier's are the Laser variant, Longinus are the MG variant.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #74 on: 28 September 2023, 18:42:17 »
Sounds like one squad of Longinus, and a scout pair of Purifiers to me... ;)

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #75 on: 28 September 2023, 18:52:27 »
Yeah, Scout Purifier squad, well technically a Battle Pair and a Fire Team Squad of Longinus.

Both should be in position to support each other.

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse

Stormrider

• Sergeant
« Reply #76 on: 28 September 2023, 23:20:15 »
That's what I was thinking TT, It's logical to pair them together. What about mixing the different types of suits together in different situations? How can I let him play that out ??

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #77 on: 29 September 2023, 11:41:40 »
What about mixing the different types of suits together in different situations? How can I let him play that out ??

A Purifier and two Longinus per Squad of three BA, two Squads.

Best bet is an assassin team working as an Assault / Scout unit.

Purifier as lone suit working ahead of the initial Assassin's Squad, the twin Longinus.

OR

Run as the Battle Pair and full Longinus Squad.

OR

A full on Level I "False Flag" unit...

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse

Deathknight69

• Captain
« Reply #78 on: 29 September 2023, 18:53:08 »
Thanks TT for the good advice I do appreciate it.

I'll post more here in a little bit gang.

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #79 on: 29 September 2023, 20:36:19 »
Don't rob me of my glory DK, or I'll sick a little feline furball onto you!!

:wink: :evil:

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse

Deathknight69

• Captain
« Reply #80 on: 29 September 2023, 20:41:36 »
Oh TT ? Do tell ? What feline furryball ??

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #81 on: 29 September 2023, 20:46:10 »
Oh, sorry those are your eyebrows, better trim that my bad!

Pm sent...  :rolleyes:

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse

Deathknight69

• Captain
« Reply #82 on: 29 September 2023, 21:13:50 »
Ha ha TT.

I'm playing around with a one-off idea also. Maybe get Stormrider to run a new start up and run both con-currently to see which direction they go in and what side they end up on.

Thoughts ??

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #83 on: 29 September 2023, 21:21:25 »
Thoughts ??

:angel: :rolleyes: :grin: :evil: :wink:

Maybe...

Depends on what I, er, you control..

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse

Stormrider

• Sergeant
« Reply #84 on: 30 September 2023, 23:36:28 »
@TT: Ha Ha, Lol. He'll (Dk69) learn just how much I've learned from you TT.

Well once we finish the repairs and such The Shieldbreakers will be heading to Tomans in the L.C. for "Falcon Ptomaine". I'll let Dk69 handle the quasi-sit rep/briefing details for you guys.

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #85 on: 01 October 2023, 00:00:27 »
Pm me if you're stuck, you two...

Besides I still need a few units for my AU, more on that later...

Rewriting history and all...    :police:

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse

Deathknight69

• Captain
« Reply #86 on: 23 October 2023, 00:32:45 »
@TT: We're not stuck, we're currently beating the stuffing outta each other. I'm doing better than Stormrider is though ;).

Stormrider

• Sergeant
« Reply #87 on: 23 October 2023, 01:55:07 »
@Dk69: Don't get too cocky there Dk69, I still have a surprise up my sleeve for you  :evil: :shocked: :grin: .

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #88 on: 23 October 2023, 13:41:01 »
*sits quietly... counting evil things*

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse

Deathknight69

• Captain
« Reply #89 on: 27 December 2023, 02:40:02 »
Situation
GRANT'S STATION TANGO, NUEVO ROMA
TOMANS, LYRAN ALLIANCE
1 AUGUST 3068

Journal Entry #398
    Tomans isn't my first choice for R&R, but after the year we've had, the Shieldbreakers need some down time. Between the missions and the current state of the Inner Sphere, there's no telling when we'll get the chance again.

Officially, we're garrisoning I.E.'s main research facility here, but you can see the beach from anywhere in the complex, and it's freshest air we've inhaled in months. If it wasn't for the occasional earthquake and the Jade Falcons sitting only a jump away, it would be perfect.

So, why do I have a feeling of dread that something nasty is coming? Maybe it's because the first time I tangled with those green bastards, they decimated my old unit, the second time it cost me Grandpa's 'Mech.

I've ordered everyone to stay close, just in case. I hope I'm wrong, I really do.

--Steven MacHollister

Deathknight69

• Captain
« Reply #90 on: 27 December 2023, 03:15:50 »
I took 100% of the unit into this fight and needed every bit of it. The Shieldbreakers held their own against the mysterious Green Ghost's. We traded some pretty accurate fire with them at range, when they closed-in is where it got nasty. They pressed the lines, nearly breaking them until the Shieldbreakers started driving them back.

Then, the Jade Falcons showed up and started attacking both sides. The Green Ghosts hung around for a bit trading fire with everyone in range, then they realized they wouldn't be able to complete their mission (whatever it was) and turned tail leaving some broken 'Mechs in their wake.

When the Jade Falcons started honing in on the Shieldbreakers and dropping or disabling 'Mechs and Vee's, I had to drop a couple of 'Mechs and then challenged the star captain in charge for the battlefield. I left his Turkina in pieces and had a barely functional Marauder II afterwards (You could see thru both of my torso's).

The butcher's bill in men and material will barely be covered by salvage I think. I'll probably recruit from the locals if I'm pressed to fill the holes.

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #91 on: 31 December 2023, 01:28:57 »

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse

Deathknight69

• Captain
« Reply #92 on: 01 January 2024, 01:21:34 »
Here's the list from before:

MAD-5A Marauder II, CP-11-GS Cyclops Savannah, ON1-KM Orion Markus, WHM-8D Warhammer, GLT-5WB Guillotine (Experimental), TR2A Wraith, SHD-5M Shadow Hawk, WVR-7M Wolverine, Myrmidon Medium Tank x2, Striker Lt. Tank x2, Pegasus Scout Hovertank x2, Yellow Jacket Scout (Special), Heavy Hover APC x2, Gray Death Standard Laser sqd x2, Infiltration sqd - Purifier Laser - 2 troopers, Longinus Laser sqd - 4 Troopers

(Excerpt from Wolfnet report 30680929/271-Beta, filed by agent Ramrod)

Attached to this report is data from the Grant Station Tango battle in early August.     Whoever these Green Ghosts are, they're well-trained, well-equipped, and strongly disciplined. They did not fall apart when they ran into us but instead pressed the attack. Despite being heavily outnumbered, the Ghosts nearly broke our lines before we drove them back.

Just then, the damn Falcons showed up and started shooting at both sides. The Ghosts did not like their chances, so they retreated, and we lost them in the ensuing chaos.

Captain MacHollister's demeanor when the Falcons showed up was surprising. I knew he hated the Falcons, but I did not realize how deep his hatred ran until he start using alpha strikes on the closest Clan target. After he dropped his third Falcon, a Star Captain in an Turkina challenged him. I have included the footage of the fight in this report, and I have never witnessed such a brutal or one-sided trial between a Clanner and a Sphere-oid warrior. Chief Gonsalvez thinks he can salvage some of the Turkina's parts, along with the rest of the Falcons and Ghosts equipment, but I'm not as sure as he is.

After their Star Captain went down, we sorted thru the remaining warriors and kept a few as astech bondsman of Clan Shieldbreakers, Capt. MacHollister was against the idea but we need the bodies as able hands until we get back to 100%. We were left holding the battlefield. I.E. lost about a quarter of their bldg's, but their casualties should be light. Still, we haven't heard from them since the battle three days ago, and I do not know if that is good or bad.
« Last Edit: 13 April 2024, 01:57:38 by Deathknight69 »

Horsemen

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Master Sergeant
  • CDT Agent #191
« Reply #93 on: 02 January 2024, 04:02:48 »
Out of curiosity was it a Turkina or an Executioner the clanner piloted in the duel?

Deathknight69

• Captain
« Reply #94 on: 02 January 2024, 13:08:29 »
Good catch Horsemen, I fix'ed it to read correctly.

Deathknight69

• Captain
« Reply #95 on: 13 January 2024, 22:01:46 »
Upon further review with Stormrider I'll be able to salvage a Grendel, a Warhammer IIC, and a couple of Maxim heavy hover transports and will have two squads of I.S. standard battlesuits to add to the unit. Also got some decent pods from the Jade Falcons (Thanks guys !!  :cheesy:). So all in all not a bad outcome. I do have to rebuild/repair 3 'Mechs: The Marauder II, the Cyclops and the Orion. Everybody else took some form of damage, mostly armor and internals. I lucked out with the existing battle armor not getting beat up at all. Yay !!
« Last Edit: 13 January 2024, 22:15:11 by Deathknight69 »

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #96 on: 14 January 2024, 10:13:02 »

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse