Author Topic: Using BV Instead of C-Bills For Campaigns  (Read 1244 times)

BATTLEMASTER

• Captain
  • Hot and Unbothered
Using BV Instead of C-Bills For Campaigns
« on: 05 December 2019, 22:09:00 »
I'm toying with the idea of using BV instead of C-Bills for campaigns since I feel like the C-Bill costs get really wacky for units with XL engines and other equipment.  I plan to use BV to purchase, sell, and repair units.  While buying/selling units is straight forward, I'm not sure how to treat repairs.  Perhaps make it so that repairs are equal to the difference compared to a full-BV unit?  Any other thoughts?
BATTLEMASTER
Trombone Player, Lego Enthusiast, Engineer
Clan Smoke Jaguar, Delta Galaxy ("The Cloud Rangers"), 4th Jaguar Dragoons
"You better stand back, I'm not sure how loud this thing can get!"
If you like Lego, you'll like my Lego battlemech projects!

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Kid in the puddle eating mud of CGL contributors
    • Master Unit List
Re: Using BV Instead of C-Bills For Campaigns
« Reply #1 on: 06 December 2019, 09:19:51 »
i did a chaos campaign once where unit cost was BV / 5 in warchest points and used the standard CC numbers for repairs

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

BATTLEMASTER

• Captain
  • Hot and Unbothered
« Reply #2 on: 07 December 2019, 11:30:04 »
It didn't occur to me to use the chaos campaign rules xp

Wasn't there a book published for making our own chaos campaigns?
BATTLEMASTER
Trombone Player, Lego Enthusiast, Engineer
Clan Smoke Jaguar, Delta Galaxy ("The Cloud Rangers"), 4th Jaguar Dragoons
"You better stand back, I'm not sure how loud this thing can get!"
If you like Lego, you'll like my Lego battlemech projects!

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Kid in the puddle eating mud of CGL contributors
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #3 on: 07 December 2019, 13:34:04 »
Campaign Operations

I liked using BV-based costs in place of the chaos campaign defaults since you get weird situations where a janky QuickDraw 5M costs almost twice as much as a Warhammer 6D. It gives the player a real choice between a couple cheap bad mechs vs a single better one as opposed to the weight / tech based costs

Either way I really like the CC system

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

Karack Blackstone

• Lieutenant
« Reply #4 on: 09 December 2019, 10:32:47 »
Use both.

My Battletech RPG Game uses both Classic Battletech: Total Warfare as well as Mechwarrior Second Edition RPG for generating characters.

Same concept applies for Battlemechs.

Use C-Bills for the financial side, use BV2 for the points balancing side and if you so choose, have the enemy have the advantage. Players both hate and yet need the uphill fight.

Col Toda

• Captain
« Reply #5 on: 03 January 2020, 09:12:58 »
C Bill's are more realistic  .  Buying replacement  combat vehicles  and trailers  to fill out a combined arms unit  and only upgrading to additional  mechs and aerospace  when you have

1 the cash and
2 a client that can provide  an end user statement  in the contract under support  so you can buy ammo and mechs and such from the client's  Military Industrial Complex  . Some factions  like the Draconis Combine and the Capellen Confederation  will not sell you any of it's good unless you are working  for the faction at the time . After the contract is up the factory  ought to sell you spare parts and such but not new units until the End user is issued again .

I have a Draconis Combine  unit with mostly  DC and Free Worlds League  hardware . I try to avoid fixing salvage for units that I would find it difficult  to get spare parts for . Machining  spare parts at 5X rate is not normally  worth it .
« Last Edit: 03 January 2020, 09:18:53 by Col Toda »

Register