Author Topic: The 29th Blood Drinkers Cluster  (Read 14349 times)

tassa_kay

• Major
  • Karianna Schmitt has no time for your headcanon.
    • My Facebook page!
The 29th Blood Drinkers Cluster
« on: 10 August 2011, 19:32:47 »
My own personal unit, a repost from the old boards:

29th Blood Drinkers Cluster

Command Star

•   Blood Asp
•   Blood Kite
•   Stooping Hawk
•   Crimson Langur
•   Crimson Hawk

Trinary Alpha

•   Striker Star: Crimson Langur, Stooping Hawk, Clint IIc, Griffin IIc, Jenner IIc
•   Battle Star: Battle Cobra, Crossbow, Wyvern IIc, Rifleman IIc, Hunchback IIc
•   Assault Star: Blood Kite, Kingfisher, Warhammer IIc, Marauder IIc, Highlander IIc

Trinary Beta

•   Striker Star: Crimson Langur, Stooping Hawk, Clint IIc, Griffin IIc, Jenner IIc
•   Battle Star: Battle Cobra, Crossbow, Wyvern IIc, Rifleman IIc, Hunchback IIc
•   Assault Star: Blood Kite, Kingfisher, Warhammer IIc, Marauder IIc, Highlander IIc

Trinary Gamma

Trinary Delta

•   Striker Star: 4 Shamash, 2 Asshur, 2 Donar, 2 Anhur
•   Battle Star: 4 Ares, 2 Badger (Clan), 2 Maxim (Clan), 2 Bandit (Clan)
•   Assault Star: 4 Morrigu, 2 Morrigu (Laser), 2 Huitzlopochtli, 2 Mars

Trinary Epsilon

•   Striker Star: Point of Sylphs (5), 4 Points of Elementals (25)
•   Battle Star: Point of Salamanders (5), 4 Points of Elementals (25)
•   Assault Star: Point of Gnomes (5), 4 Points of Elementals (25)

AeroSpace Attachment

•   Striker Star: 2 Chaeronea, 2 Vandal, 2 Sulla, 2 Issus, 2 Bashkir
•   Battle Star: 2 Turk, 2 Tyre, 2 Visigoth B, 2 Jagatai, 2 Tyre 2
•   Assault Star: 2 Kirghiz, 2 Kirghiz C, 2 Sabutai, 2 Sabutai C, 2 Hydaspes

ProtoMech Attachment

•   Striker Star: Point of Cecerops (5), 4 Points of Rocs (20)
•   Battle Star: Point of Chrysaors (5), 4 Points of Gorgons (20)
•   Assault Star: Point of Delphynes (5), 4 Points of Minotaurs (20)

Fleet Assets

•   Broadsword DropShip Blood Avatar (Command Star)
•   Lee DropShip Red Reaver (Trinary Alpha, Trinary Beta, Trinary Gamma)
•   Lee Combat Vehicle Transport Crimson Crusader (Trinary Delta, Trinary Epsilon)
•   Lee AeroSpace Carrier Scarlet Shrike (Attached AeroSpace Fighters)
•   Arcadia DropShip Vitae (Attached ProtoMechs)
« Last Edit: 18 September 2013, 03:01:55 by tassa_kay »
"Social media made y'all way too comfortable with disrespecting people and not getting punched in the face for it." - Mike Tyson

My Personal Units: Thuggee Warrior House Nagah (Capellan Confederation), 29th Blood Drinkers (Clan Blood Spirit), Nightmare Galaxy (Clan Hell's Horses), 1st Raven Rook Cluster (Raven Alliance)
Favorite Factions: Capellan Confederation • Clan Blood Spirit • Clan Smoke Jaguar • Clan Hell's Horses • Raven Alliance • Fronc Reaches • Rim Worlds Republic • Magistracy of Canopus
Favorite Characters: Malvina Hazen • Kali Liao • Katherine Steiner-Davion • Anastasia Kerensky • Danai Liao-Centrella • Karianna Schmitt • Lady Death • Tara Campbell • Katana Tormark
Favorite Units: The Golden Ordun • Wolf Hunters • 1st Horde Cluster • 1st Rasalhague Bears • Thuggee Warrior Houses • Hikage • Raptor Keshik • Kara's Scorchers • 1st Star Sentinels

ShockaTime

• Captain
Re: The 29th Blood Drinkers Cluster
« Reply #1 on: 10 August 2011, 19:56:13 »
there it is, nice to this back up.

Spirit Never Dies - Second Spirit Chasseurs - Clan Blood Spirit
Raven Alliance

tassa_kay

• Major
    • My Facebook page!
« Reply #2 on: 10 August 2011, 19:58:08 »
Gotta keep the love for our Clan alive in every way I can!
"Social media made y'all way too comfortable with disrespecting people and not getting punched in the face for it." - Mike Tyson

My Personal Units: Thuggee Warrior House Nagah (Capellan Confederation), 29th Blood Drinkers (Clan Blood Spirit), Nightmare Galaxy (Clan Hell's Horses), 1st Raven Rook Cluster (Raven Alliance)
Favorite Factions: Capellan Confederation • Clan Blood Spirit • Clan Smoke Jaguar • Clan Hell's Horses • Raven Alliance • Fronc Reaches • Rim Worlds Republic • Magistracy of Canopus
Favorite Characters: Malvina Hazen • Kali Liao • Katherine Steiner-Davion • Anastasia Kerensky • Danai Liao-Centrella • Karianna Schmitt • Lady Death • Tara Campbell • Katana Tormark
Favorite Units: The Golden Ordun • Wolf Hunters • 1st Horde Cluster • 1st Rasalhague Bears • Thuggee Warrior Houses • Hikage • Raptor Keshik • Kara's Scorchers • 1st Star Sentinels

Daishi411

• Captain
« Reply #3 on: 10 August 2011, 20:14:51 »
yeah it's good to see this again. if you get the time would you mind posting up the bio for your character and her custom config?
"Warriors, not war machines, are the backbone of the Hell's Horses. While others worship the BattleMech as the ultimate weapon, the men and women of this Clan see even this awesome piece of technology as the tool it is. We have held to this philosophy since the days of our first Khan, who knew that the value of the common soldier far outstripped the brute force of the BattleMech. It is one reason our Clan possesses fewer mechs than most, and has led many to underestimate our fierceness and courage. Our survival against all challengers when others have fallen proves the folly of such arrogance, and testifies to the wisdom of our founders."
- saKhan Tanya Delaurel
Star Captain Logan Cobb-666th Assault War Cluster, Star Commander Octavian-The Thunder Heart Cluster

Hawkeye Jim

• Captain
  • I'm small but sneaky
« Reply #4 on: 10 August 2011, 20:43:28 »
Is this a pre-WoR unit?

ShockaTime

• Captain
« Reply #5 on: 10 August 2011, 21:02:24 »
Gotta keep the love for our Clan alive in every way I can!

Maybe I'll do one for the Second Spirit Chasseurs, i didn't create the unit, but I like the name. I could even do the Third Spirit Chasseurs if I'm feeling creative ;D
« Last Edit: 10 August 2011, 21:05:05 by ShockaTime »

Raven Alliance

tassa_kay

• Major
    • My Facebook page!
« Reply #6 on: 10 August 2011, 21:40:19 »
yeah it's good to see this again. if you get the time would you mind posting up the bio for your character and her custom config?

If I can dig it up, I'd love to...thank you for the interest in her!

Kojak

• Major
  • Melancon Lives!
« Reply #7 on: 11 August 2011, 21:07:39 »
Is this a pre-WoR unit?

Considering the fate of the Blood Spirits, they'd almost have to be.

"Deep down, I suspect the eject handle on the Hunchback IIC was never actually connected to anything. The regs just say it has to be there."
- Klarg1

tassa_kay

• Major
    • My Facebook page!
« Reply #8 on: 11 August 2011, 21:18:45 »
It doesn't have to be anything of the sort.  It's a non-canon unit, which means that I'm not required to be spoon-fed canon "legitimacy" in order to field my unit in my campaigns. ;)

Hawkeye Jim

• Captain
  • I'm small but sneaky
« Reply #9 on: 11 August 2011, 21:46:07 »
Must be one the Adders missed when they went thru. Sort of like the Wolverines that missed getting added to the death rolls. Oops!

tassa_kay

• Major
    • My Facebook page!
« Reply #10 on: 11 August 2011, 21:47:24 »
You may have given me an idea or two...  :D

Hawkeye Jim

• Captain
  • I'm small but sneaky
« Reply #11 on: 11 August 2011, 21:55:49 »
Glad to be of help. If you need a few more details, let me know. I have several rather exotic ideas.

tassa_kay

• Major
    • My Facebook page!
« Reply #12 on: 11 August 2011, 23:39:18 »
This unit actually has its origins in a bit of confusion from FM:CC, where a 29th Blood Drinkers Cluster (formerly the 66th Crimson Guards of Mu Provisional Galaxy) was mentioned in the fluff for Omicron's 98th Crimson Guards, but no such unit was listed in the touman.  Couple that with the reference in the Omega Galaxy fluff of it being seven Clusters (despite there being only six listed), and I decided to spin my own unit out of it.  Just a little nugget of info for anyone interested in how I came up with this unit.  It's my canon-but-not-canon baby. :)

ShockaTime

• Captain
« Reply #13 on: 11 August 2011, 23:41:17 »
This unit actually has its origins in a bit of confusion from FM:CC, where a 29th Blood Drinkers Cluster (formerly the 66th Crimson Guards of Mu Provisional Galaxy) was mentioned in the fluff for Omicron's 98th Crimson Guards, but no such unit was listed in the touman.  Couple that with the reference in the Omega Galaxy fluff of it being seven Clusters (despite there being only six listed), and I decided to spin my own unit out of it.  Just a little nugget of info for anyone interested in how I came up with this unit.  It's my canon-but-not-canon baby. :)

it's a neat little find, and it seems to have worked out well.

Raven Alliance

Hawkeye Jim

• Captain
  • I'm small but sneaky
« Reply #14 on: 12 August 2011, 00:11:36 »
So their canon sprouted a little baby popgun, which you found and nourished and loved. Now look at what it's grown into.

tassa_kay

• Major
    • My Facebook page!
« Reply #15 on: 13 August 2011, 01:30:52 »
I really need to dig up the bio I wrote for the unit commander and my own PC, Kira Keller.  The WoR book is gonna make me change a great deal of things at about 3070, as I had her written all the way up until 3075... (That's her as my avatar.)

Shin_Fenris

• Master Sergeant
  • Honor never dies
    • 357th Infernal Division
« Reply #16 on: 28 August 2011, 15:27:14 »
I'm looking forward to reading it when/if you find it!
If this battlefield is Hell, then it is our home and wherever we go, Hell and chaos shall follow.

Lead 'Mech Wrangler: 357th Infernal Division, NE USA
Tai-sa Shiro "Fenris" Takeda, Mercenary: Kuroi Kaze (MAD-6KK Marauder II)
Galaxy Commander Zane Schmitt, Clan Blood Spirit: Iota Galaxy (Blood Kite 2)
Captain Brutus "Bloodsport" Carver, Mercenary: Song's Sentinels (SQS-TH-002 Sasquatch)
CI Backer #138 Merc Backer #32
Just here for KS info - y'all are too argumentative for real discussions.

DaWife

• Recruit
« Reply #17 on: 01 September 2011, 22:22:36 »
I'm looking forward to reading it when/if you find it!

Same here. Very interesting unit list.

Col.Hengist

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Konrad ' Hengist " Littman Highlander 732b
« Reply #18 on: 02 September 2011, 00:10:13 »
I wondered what the blood drinkers looked like.
Lyran Commonwealth,6th Donegal Guards-Nightstar
Marian Hegemony, II Legio-Cataphract
Clan Hell's Horses, Gamma Galaxy-Summoner
Clan Grinch goat- gamma goat.

tassa_kay

• Major
    • My Facebook page!
« Reply #19 on: 03 August 2013, 22:52:23 »
So I think that with the fate of the Blood Spirits in the Wars of Reaving, along with the publication of Interstellar Players 3, I'm gonna have the 29th Blood Drinkers wandering the Deep Periphery BSG-style, encountering some of the new Deep Periphery factions and worlds, and maaaaaybe even be tacky and eventually settling a world to call home...New York.  :D

wolfgar

• Captain
  • Wolfson's Heavy Raiders: 3058-3092
« Reply #20 on: 04 August 2013, 08:19:08 »
if you come for peaceful trade and don't try and take over the Solomon system is always welcoming, we just have a bit of a problem with pirates, we're kinda a black hole to them
Wolf wins every fight but one, and in that one he dies, his fangs locked on the throat of his opponent.

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
« Reply #21 on: 06 August 2013, 19:01:35 »
tassa?

Have you though of updating your unit to reflect the more recent changes for the SLDF?

My question is you listed the Black Rage as a Confederate dropper. And you have Trinary Delta listed in there. Have you seen the Lee? Particularly the Lee Combat Vehicle Transport. It was designed before the Exodus, and possible clan cache that the Blood Drinkers could have returned for service...

I'm looking at the Light Vehicle Formation myself.

TT

Also my AU Azeroth Pocketverse could use another Clan Cluster, I already have a one or two hidden around from other players. Just asking if your unit could be included.
« Last Edit: 06 August 2013, 19:05:40 by truetanker »
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

tassa_kay

• Major
    • My Facebook page!
« Reply #22 on: 07 August 2013, 21:55:42 »
I haven't given much thought to any older designs, honestly, and perhaps I should. The only units in the Blood Drinkers that I'm unwilling to part with are uniquely-Spirit designs, and the Highlander IIC because I like it. Lol.

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #23 on: 08 August 2013, 20:33:47 »
Technically :Trinary Delta Battle Star could be a Nova. Those Maxim and Bandit could carry Infantry or BA. Also your TO&E lists Trinary Epsilon 4 Points of Toads as ( 25 ).

Assault Star: 2 Kirghiz, 2 Kirghiz C, 2 Sabutai, 2 Sabutai C, 2 Hydaspes Just curious... Kirghiz C could carry 4 more Points of Toads. But the shocker is you have the C variant of the Sabutai. Ever think of using the B? Sure you can't use the TAG in space, but if you are using as I think you are, ground support missions for the Heuy.

+ enough 20-class weapons abundant to lay waste anything. + A4 carried on as OS bombs. + usage of Swarm, Thunder and ARAD LRM missiles

These are just observations of course, I tend to use such things in my clan happenings. O0

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016

tassa_kay

• Major
    • My Facebook page!
« Reply #24 on: 09 August 2013, 00:10:19 »
Crap, I forgot to edit all of my Elementals from 25 to 20 in each Star! Good catch, sir. Thank you!

I chose the Sabutai C because it was on the Spirit RAT, bu seeing as how it's an OmniFighter, it isn't as if I couldn't change it out easily enough. And I have a lot of new units to check out since I first created this unit. Its a bit overwhelming, lol.

Tel me of this Pocketverse. I'm pretty sure I'd be honored.

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #25 on: 10 August 2013, 20:39:27 »
Well....

Check out my sigbar, I keep updating it e'er so often. Currently it is 3090, Clan Iron Dolphin is in a race against my AU 53rd Shadow Division to conquer Azeroth. Colony is surviving and expanding their tech level from Primitive, currently they are about 3040-45 era. I have Clan Ghost Bear and Jade Falcon come a sniffing around, often enough. Clan Burrock lost a full cluster to me, so there is a few units to assemble. Recently, the Word fronted a mercanary quest to sidestep me. Hiring every pirate or independant world to a mass a force of cannon fodder and expand their realm. Their hiding a "Sixth World " here from the rest of the Inner Sphere.

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse

wolfgar

• Captain
  • Wolfson's Heavy Raiders: 3058-3092
« Reply #26 on: 11 August 2013, 18:12:28 »
Crap, I forgot to edit all of my Elementals from 25 to 20 in each Star! Good catch, sir. Thank you!

I chose the Sabutai C because it was on the Spirit RAT, bu seeing as how it's an OmniFighter, it isn't as if I couldn't change it out easily enough. And I have a lot of new units to check out since I first created this unit. Its a bit overwhelming, lol.

Tel me of this Pocketverse. I'm pretty sure I'd be honored.

the link to the built system is here, http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,30699.0.html

Also note Black hole of the Periphery and Shadows of Time in the Fan Fiction section
Wolf wins every fight but one, and in that one he dies, his fangs locked on the throat of his opponent.

tassa_kay

• Major
    • My Facebook page!
« Reply #27 on: 18 September 2013, 03:02:55 »
Check out the revised DropShip complement, TT...you like? :)

I also realized that purely by coincidence, I can get a Nova out of each Trinary, as five 'Mechs in each are Omni. Hmm...
« Last Edit: 18 September 2013, 03:05:00 by tassa_kay »

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #28 on: 18 September 2013, 17:25:04 »
Interseting...

After all it is your unit... there is a but,

Lion WD : 10 mech and 10 tank, thinking Delta Assualt Star here
Outpost : 10 mech, 10 tank, 25 BA and 2 points ( 4 ) aero
Outpost 3070 : 10 mech, 10 tank, 30 BA and 10 Proto

But, there it is again, it is your unit.

Really liking the same five units per Star per Trinary.  :)

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #29 on: 18 September 2013, 17:44:56 »
Different thought :

512th "Snake Lions" Cluster

Ever did a writeup on this?

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse

Register