Author Topic: (Research) IO - DropShuttle Bays and DropShips Question  (Read 941 times)

Giovanni Blasini

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • And I think it's gonna be a long, long time...
Way back at the dawn of time, I'd asked about DropShuttle Bays and what they could carry, and the ruling at the time was that DropShuttle Bays could only carry DropShuttles, ie. DropShips that lack KF booms.  The maximum capacity for any one ship carried was 5,000 tons, with two per bay.  Since that time, it's also been ruled that DropShuttle Bays can carry very small space stations.

In looking through my copy of Instellar Operations tonight (the first printing one in 2016 that's a single volume), I noticed this on page 118:

Quote from: Interstellar Operations, Page 118
Game   Rules:   A   DropShuttle   bay   may   accommodate   up   to   two  DropShuttles  or  DropShips,  each  weighing  no  more  than  5,000  tons,  and  with  a  combined  weight  that  may  not  exceed  10,000  tons.

I believe this publication postdates the initial ruling by Welshman and I wanted to get confirmation that it permits standard DropShips to be carried in addition to DropShuttles, so long as they meet the requirement of being no more than 5000 tons.  Is that indeed the case?
« Last Edit: 27 April 2023, 11:58:05 by Xotl »
"Does anyone know where the love of God goes / When the waves turn the minutes to hours?"
-- Gordon Lightfoot, "The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald"

Giovanni Blasini

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • And I think it's gonna be a long, long time...
Re: (Research) IO - DropShuttle Bays and DropShips Question
« Reply #1 on: 29 March 2024, 23:26:11 »
Not quite annual Bump?
"Does anyone know where the love of God goes / When the waves turn the minutes to hours?"
-- Gordon Lightfoot, "The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald"

Register