Author Topic: Question about creating Inner Sphere infantry platoon  (Read 732 times)

CrazyPappy

• Recruit
Question about creating Inner Sphere infantry platoon
« on: 16 September 2023, 19:31:33 »
Hello!

Maybe you can help me. I don't understand how an infantry platoon must be represented in the game. For example, a generic mercenary foot infantry is said to have a maximum of 4 squads of 7 soldiers (table Conventional Infantry Formation (by tech base) Table page 147 in the PDF version of the Tech Manual.

So, the way I understand it is that a full platoon must be represented by 4 stands (and not one stand for the whole platoon**). If this is the case, are the four bases activated together in the movement phase, shooting phase, etc? Do they fire individually as 4 stands of 7 soldiers on the table? When I lost 7 soldiers, I remove a base?
Can the platoon be split in two APC or more (assuming, for example, that the platoon is a 2 tons platoons and the APC’ can carry each one ton of infantry, that mean that each of the 4 squads of this 2 tons platoon occupy 0.5 tons in the APC). I am correct?

Thank you in advance for your help!

** as an hex in Battletech is 30 metres across, having 30 soldiers in one hex make for a very crowded hex!  This will please the enemy artillery!
Have fun! Remember, variety is the Spice of Warfare!