Author Topic: Wolf's Dragoons info  (Read 1732 times)

Drewbacca

• Major
  • What could have been...
Wolf's Dragoons info
« on: 16 August 2018, 06:30:38 »
As I stated in the Shattered Fortress discussion thread, the enigmatic appearance of the Dragoons in that book got me interested in the unit for the first time since I started playing. My question is, if I wanted to get as complete a history on the Dragoons as possible, where would I go? Which sourcebooks and novels would I need?

Onion2112

• Sergeant
Re: Wolf's Dragoons info
« Reply #1 on: 16 August 2018, 07:18:19 »
There are dozens of books with them mentioned to some degree

A recommended start would be the FASA Wolfs Dragoons sourcebook - this gives you their history up to the end of the 4th succession war. It’s very detailed - every pilot is listed as well good info. It’s probably on PDF somewhere.

Post 4th SW the Scenario book “More Tales if the Black Widow” goes up to the clan invasion - although it’s more focused on the Black Widow company - particularly Natasha Kerensky (it goes into her rejoining the Wolf Clan) - it still gives you a feel

The Mercenary Field Manuals (both 1st ed & revised) give info on then around the fedcom civil war and preceding the Jihad - but they are one unit among many

The old 4th Succession War sourcebooks volume 1 & 2 details their battles in that war in good detail (with maps).

A Jihad source is the Wolf and Blake starter book but this is also more focused on a rebuilt black widows. But the early Jihad Hot spots books have plenty of info on them.

Books such as mercenary handbook 3055(this has a fairly detailed Order of Battle for them), mercenary supplemental update (Jihad era), Scenario book Black Widow company & and an old comic Spider and the Wolf also give good background.

There’s also PDF scenarios (historical turning points) about Misery and another called Death to Mercenaries that also cover their battles just before and in the 4th SW.

As far as novels go wolf pack & wolves on the border are about them- wolf pack is about their civil war - and wolves on the border is set during their service with kurita- there are a few short stories from battlecorps (the print anthology’s have at least one I know of).

I think Jason Schmetzer has done quite a few stories on them. Theres a Dark Age one “redemption Rift” by him that I’d be curious to get hold of.

I Can’t believe I know all this - I wouldn’t even say that I’m a big fan of them!

Drewbacca

• Major
  • What could have been...
« Reply #2 on: 16 August 2018, 16:59:35 »
Thanks

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #3 on: 17 August 2018, 16:52:25 »
His story Making a Name is also a good place to start since its the first big campaign the Dragoons were involved in for Davion IIRC.
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Panthros

• Sergeant
« Reply #4 on: 18 August 2018, 00:23:03 »
One of the best Battletech novels, Wolves on the Border.  I have introduced so many people to Battletech and the awesome Wolfs Dragoons through this book. The price is right ;)

Wolves on the Border
https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/battletech-legends-robert-charrette/1123479934?ean=2940157716042

Wolf Pack
https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/battletech-legends-robert-charrette/1123479824?ean=2940157715908

Easy

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #5 on: 18 August 2018, 00:50:55 »
You will be remembered in the Halls.