Author Topic: Alpha Strike in San Diego!  (Read 2790 times)

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
Alpha Strike in San Diego!
« on: 15 July 2018, 20:24:06 »
Just got in a 500 PV game of Alpha Strike today with fellow forum member koalabirb.  His first time playing AS, my first time getting out to the game shop to play.  It was both a good time and a good game.  :thumbsup:  One company of mechs each. 
This round went to koalabirb.  His Warhammers and Rifleman were just too much for me.  That and an evil Dervish that took down my Warhammer (ammo explosion.)  Likely revenge for the one Warhammer of his I took out with a boxcar roll on the critical table. :D  Game went just about three hours.  Looking forward to another round!
There is no avoiding war; it can only be postponed to the advantage of others.   -Machiavelli

Greetings, Mechwarrior!  You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against...Oops, wrong universe.  -unknown SLDF Recruiter

Because overkill is underrated my friend.  -John "Hannibal" Smith

Unit/Scheme of the Month Master Index

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
Re: Alpha Strike in San Diego!
« Reply #1 on: 15 July 2018, 20:27:33 »
Couple more pics.
There is no avoiding war; it can only be postponed to the advantage of others.   -Machiavelli

Greetings, Mechwarrior!  You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against...Oops, wrong universe.  -unknown SLDF Recruiter

Giovanni Blasini

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • And I think it's gonna be a long, long time...
« Reply #2 on: 15 July 2018, 21:13:39 »
Sorry I missed this one. Looks like it was a blast. :)
"Does anyone know where the love of God goes / When the waves turn the minutes to hours?"
-- Gordon Lightfoot, "The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald"

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
« Reply #3 on: 15 July 2018, 21:56:16 »
No worries.  We're looking to meet up next month for another round.  Hopefully you can make that one.  :thumbsup:

koalabirb

• Sergeant
  • aka Borrado
« Reply #4 on: 16 July 2018, 16:56:38 »
That was a great time! Looking forward to the next one!
"The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried."

There is the right way, the wrong way, and the Lyran way. Which is to say:  The wrong way using Assault 'Mechs.

Register