Author Topic: bVDNI costs  (Read 1476 times)

Greatclub

• Captain
bVDNI costs
« on: 23 July 2019, 01:57:17 »
I just plugged a Preta B into megamek and gave the pilot bVDNI.

The cost of the unit doubled in BPV. The TCP I later added did nothing.

Interstellar operations p190 says that bVDNI is worth a pilot decrease, same with the TCP. That works out to a +40% increase, hardly the +100% I'm seeing.

Is megamek costing off an old jihad book or something? Do I have to change something in options?

Sir Chaos

• Captain
  • Artillery Fanboy
Re: bVDNI costs
« Reply #1 on: 24 July 2019, 10:39:00 »
MD implants increase unit BV by a percentage depending on the level of the implant - I think 20% or 25% per level? I donĀ“t recall which implant is which level, though; bVDNI should be level 4 or 5 (out of 5).

It might also be that only the highest-level implant counts here.
"Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a vulgar brawl."
-Frederick the Great

"Ultima Ratio Regis" ("The Last Resort of the King")
- Inscription on cannon barrel, 18th century

Greatclub

• Captain
« Reply #2 on: 25 July 2019, 21:56:15 »
So MD stuff follows the rules in the jihad rulebooks instead of interstellar operations?

Odd, not quite a bug, but I figure it would have been switched over by now, with an option for the old rules at most.

Hammer

• Numerorum Malleo
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
    • MegaMek Website
« Reply #3 on: 25 July 2019, 22:33:10 »
Odd, not quite a bug, but I figure it would have been switched over by now, with an option for the old rules at most.
We have lots of stuff that hasn't been updated to the newest rules.  The megamek team are volunteers at any given time we only have 2-3 people coding on the projects(MM,MML, MekHQ) in our spare time. 

MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker
New Units and RAT's aren't added until after the 2 month release moratorium is passed.
Join the official MegaMek Discord

Greatclub

• Captain
« Reply #4 on: 26 July 2019, 00:40:22 »
*Checks date IO came out*

Thought it had been out more than three years, and it doesn't really affect functionality. Sorry if I came out entitled.

neoancient

• Warrant Officer
  • MegaMek team member
« Reply #5 on: 28 July 2019, 17:38:45 »
*Checks date IO came out*

Thought it had been out more than three years, and it doesn't really affect functionality. Sorry if I came out entitled.

There are parts of Total Warfare that aren't implemented yet, and it's been out for over a decade. But we're pretty close.